Forum

Experimental Highlander Cup #8: Feedback

Created 1st February 2017 @ 22:02

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

MoistPenguin

TC

Quoted from HartzFartz

[…]

So we are actually going to have BO3 of upward in the quarter-, semi- and grandfinals?

Sounds pretty sweet.

This is correct, the groups will be lakeside first to 3, badwater bo2, product first to 3.

All knockout stages are only bo3 upward

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from MoistPenguin

[…]

This is correct, the groups will be lakeside first to 3, badwater bo2, product first to 3.

All knockout stages are only bo3 upward

I’m assuming you’re going to seed teams according to their skill level and spread the best teams across all groups? And top 2 teams from each group will then proceed forward to the single elimination knock-out stage? If so, then it should be in the newspost.

MoistPenguin

TC

Quoted from Clark

[…]

I’m assuming you’re going to seed teams according to their skill level and spread the best teams across all groups? And top 2 teams from each group will then proceed forward to the single elimination knock-out stage? If so, then it should be in the newspost.

That is the plan if signups are good, however as this competition is the first we have done for hl we didnt have any reliable numbers for signups so we didnt commit to any one system.

ElazulTF2

Fixtures ?

CazaroC

:Blinky:

Quoted from divider

1. Like DR ban.
2. Don’t like RB ban.

same here

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Was able to kill spies that wouldve escaped otherwise.

Liko

︻芫═一☺
COGU

Both snipermains on each teams got furious on product for getting focused by THE SPY!1! Overall good bans.

Isil

Very good whitelist, kind of refreshing =)
Having both DR and Razernoob seems balanced imo.
Despite less survivability, DR ban didn’t seem to have affected much spy’s performance unlike we could have expected (according to some logs I saw). Concerning RZ ban : sniper’s picks has rised, which allows to counter more sniper’s overwhelming power on certains maps (viaduct…).
I’d be happy to see that whitelist on next season.

Steve!

S-O

Making snipers easier to kill is nice. The sniper will be forced to play with combo if there is enough pressure on him from spy on flanks, so he’d be easier to spot out and rotate around. But as people get used to lack of Razorback it might change so I’d keep a close eye on how teams play next season.

A very good vanilla spy can perform as well throughout the game as a DR spy, but right now the game just feels… easier because the majority of good spies in prem right now use the Amby+DR combo.
The biggest thing for DR is that flanks will have an easier time of killing spy and spy will have a harder time outnumbering flanks.
My biggest gripe with banning DR is that there is less element of surprise and less loadout variety. Because of this it’s easier to play as a combo because you are always 100% sure the spy is running invis, so you should always be prepared for it. It should also make engie live more because the spy will have a harder time 1v1’ing the engie as well.

Hope this is informative. For the record my view is +Razorback ban, -DR ban, and maybe think about spycicle a bit if DR stays. Spycicle has a lot going for it in both loadouts though it’s a little underused. I think it can be really effective if used well.

HL was made more fun in this cup by banning dr and razorback and to me that is more important than just having an unfun open whitelist.

whitlist is bae keep it :)

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Didn’t really notice a change and would prefer a more open whitelist.

Maccy

Bully

As a pyro main, I like the bans. Toast still poops on everyone though

Nightmare

wL.

I’m still not a big fan of the bans, I find both of them unnecessary. During the cup I noticed that people were significantly more paranoid and spychecking more than they normally would. Even the stupidest pyro can find a spy if he just W+M1’s in every corner, but not every pyro can fend off a gun spy using the dead ringer. (It comes down to skill and prediction) Spy is already one of the weakest classes in a 1v1 fight, a scout with milk can easily clean up a spy in two shots, even with the dead ringer, two meatshots would easily kill the spy. As Steve mentioned, spy basically has a lot less impact on the flank with iw and cnd compared to dr. For the razorback, if a spy can’t kill the sniper when he’s wearing the razorback, it says more about the spy than the sniper. I can understand that if a sniper is camping with the combo it can be quite hard to kill him, but that just requires team pressure which comes down to skill, thus banning it, as the dead ringer, lowers the skill ceiling quite a lot if you ask me.

Nevertheless, the cup was fun, for next cups I’d rather see weapons unbanned such as the vita saw and darwin’s dangershield to see how much of an impact they have.

sasami

ERCAPITANO
VR

Quoted from Nightmare

I’m still not a big fan of the bans, I find both of them unnecessary. During the cup I noticed that people were significantly more paranoid and spychecking more than they normally would. Even the stupidest pyro can find a spy if he just W+M1’s in every corner, but not every pyro can fend off a gun spy using the dead ringer. (It comes down to skill and prediction) Spy is already one of the weakest classes in a 1v1 fight, a scout with milk can easily clean up a spy in two shots, even with the dead ringer, two meatshots would easily kill the spy. As Steve mentioned, spy basically has a lot less impact on the flank with iw and cnd compared to dr. For the razorback, if a spy can’t kill the sniper when he’s wearing the razorback, it says more about the spy than the sniper. I can understand that if a sniper is camping with the combo it can be quite hard to kill him, but that just requires team pressure which comes down to skill, thus banning it, as the dead ringer, lowers the skill ceiling quite a lot if you ask me.

Nevertheless, the cup was fun, for next cups I’d rather see weapons unbanned such as the vita saw and darwin’s dangershield to see how much of an impact they have.

:o

Last edited by sasami,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »