Forum

ETF2L 6v6 Season 24 Preseason Cup: Maps

Created 28th April 2016 @ 00:08

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

wonszu

yeti

Please, any of you who wrote down “-badlands” show your point. I totally dont understand why badlands should be removed, and i hope I’m not the only one.

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from Bloodis

Wonszu had a good question but nobody has replied to him. :(

The mid fight is ridiculously cagey and decided pretty much entirely by the ability of one team to dominate the other team’s train. Mid fights shouldn’t happen accross such a slim patch of ground, as it’s just aids, I think map makers are aware of this which is why all competitive 5cp maps are made with a larger space to have a mid fight. There is no valid 2nd hold, you hold in choke or not at all. Meaning if you properly contest the mid fight, you have no way of contesting 2nd afterwards. So you’re back on last which is a clusterfuck with an incredibly fast capping point, and it’s only possible to push out of last with a massive numbers advantage. On top of this, there are all sorts of stupid clipping issues and splash bugs.

80x

Quoted from Chronos

[…]

Meaning if you properly contest the mid fight, you have no way of contesting 2nd afterwards.

that applies to everymap? I dont see how the midfight is dependent on you controlling the other team’s train. Unless you happen to roll out to shithouse everytime (which is easily countered if the other team has a functioning brain) you usually end up on Your train or your choke. Granted the demo’s ability to spam valley is pretty annoying but having a huge mid like sunshine is more aids.

Also its pretty hard to push out of last without a numbers advantage on any map really

Last edited by 80x,

Crayon

Quoted from Chronos

[…]

The mid fight is ridiculously cagey and decided pretty much entirely by the ability of one team to dominate the other team’s train. Mid fights shouldn’t happen accross such a slim patch of ground, as it’s just aids, I think map makers are aware of this which is why all competitive 5cp maps are made with a larger space to have a mid fight. There is no valid 2nd hold, you hold in choke or not at all. Meaning if you properly contest the mid fight, you have no way of contesting 2nd afterwards. So you’re back on last which is a clusterfuck with an incredibly fast capping point, and it’s only possible to push out of last with a massive numbers advantage. On top of this, there are all sorts of stupid clipping issues and splash bugs.

+

azarun

At first i thought Chronos and Crayon were trolling. How can you replace 1st/2nd best map in the rotation? The mid fight on badlands is one of best, at least it has more than 2 strategies (gully, snake…).
The second point is unarguably the most dynamic point in the game. And last is easy to cap, which is good for the map flow (more rounds, less stalemates). The only weak places of badlands are last-second stalemates and like ~2 splash bugs which heavily outweighted by positive aspects of the map.
In s23 weakest maps were granary>sunshine>product. Metalworks is almost as stalematey as granary and has the worst last (facts). Sunshine has the worst mid (too big, too many objects to fight on) and worst mid-second transitions (in my opinion). I think its worth a shot trying reckoner instead sunshine/granary.

Last edited by azarun,

Smyther

X

So the people wanting badlands out are saying the last is the reason they want it out, and the people wanting badlands in are not saying the last is the reason the want it in.

Then, is anyone at all interested in improving badlands last (and fixing whatever the clipping issues are)?

azarun

@Smyther No.

wonder

MAGDONAL

-badlands
+badwater

similar names so I thought it’s good idea heh :D

wonszu

yeti

Quoted from wonder

-badlands
+badwater

similar names so I thought it’s good idea heh :D

Yea, like wonder said, let’s remove the best map from mappool and replece it with a hl map, so the hl fags (puke) can fuck off

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from wonszu

[…]

Yea, like wonder said, let’s remove the best map from mappool and replece it with a hl map, so the hl fags (puke) can fuck off

actually, a decent 6s map without any issues with it would be preferred tbh. It’d be nice to see fresh maps in a stagnant map pool, in a game that’s slowly dying from the repetitive nature of it

azarun

Quoted from Chronos

actually, a decent 6s map without any issues with it would be preferred tbh.

Its badlands.
Quoted from Chronos

It’d be nice to see fresh maps in a stagnant map pool, in a game that’s slowly dying from the repetitive nature of it

But why the fuck badlands, best map in sixes, dust2 of tf2? And whats the point of fresh maps, if gameplay on them is dull?

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from azarun

[…]
Its badlands.
[…]
But why the fuck badlands, best map in sixes, dust2 of tf2? And whats the point of fresh maps, if gameplay on them is dull?

traditional =/= best, it’s like saying the best pub is dustbowl. It’s the one everyone thinks about and it’s very traditional, however it’s actually really shit to play. I’ve already outlined the problems I view to be apparent with badlands and don’t feel like anything anyone has said means I should repeat or emphacise the issues

Useless

TC.Noobas

I dislike badlands aswell, but I always think to myself “Who am I to judge with div 5/6/open experience”. Never took the time to learn the map, never took the time to care for the map.

But I do feel the whole 6s meta is more or less revolving around badlands in terms of class composition. To always have at least 5 players with easy access onto spire. No other 6s map have a capture point that is so hard to reach without rocket/sticky jumping or being a scout.

So I would still vote to keep it in, just because it is such a 6s staple that is promoting to use the 6s meta classes. Afterall 6s is about utilising whatever classes work the best at the time and no other map promotes the cookie-cutter classes the way badlands do.

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from Useless

I dislike badlands aswell, but I always think to myself “Who am I to judge with div 5/6/open experience”. Never took the time to learn the map, never took the time to care for the map.

But I do feel the whole 6s meta is more or less revolving around badlands in terms of class composition. To always have at least 5 players with easy access onto spire. No other 6s map have a capture point that is so hard to reach without rocket/sticky jumping or being a scout.

So I would still vote to keep it in, just because it is such a 6s staple that is promoting to use the 6s meta classes. Afterall 6s is about utilising whatever classes work the best at the time and no other map promotes the cookie-cutter classes the way badlands do.

Is this another way of saying that it is the map that most feels uncreative and stuck in its ways as well as the things I’ve said? O_o

Useless

TC.Noobas

Quoted from Chronos

[…]

Is this another way of saying that it is the map that most feels uncreative and stuck in its ways as well as the things I’ve said? O_o

Yes. Very much how badwater is to highlander. I doubt we’d see it taken out of the map pool anytime soon though, for the very same reasons why badlands won’t be taken out of 6s.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »