Forum

HL S10 Map Test Cup: Maps

Created 18th February 2016 @ 22:08

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Alloy does not make sense why you only need to cap A or B to open C – Does not seem to be much value in holding both points if you have to defend C.

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from Hildreth

Alloy is shit

Yes, I agree

Raf

GODRAF
hlpugs

I agree with Hildreth and the last is so hard to cap

Last edited by Raf,

foungi

0fo
0FO

s11 map test cup:

– pl frontier
– pl thundermountain
– a/d mountainlab
– a/d dustbowl
– koth nucleus
– koth suijin

>pick three of those.
>make a decent pro version of those 3, just removing bugs etc.
>let teams know a few weeks in advance.
>get a reasonable prize, like first match of the new season against last season’s lowest seed or $$ or casted match.
>teams care
>maps are thoroughly tested
>somebody decides KKingKKaltuu should pick maps for next season
>all hail the kankerlord

Fifato

Dustbowl competitive… the dream

And yeah, Alloy is terrible

Last edited by Fifato,

RATS

I really enjoy Alloy, not that hard to cap the last, you need to use your brain for a strategy, ok, but not that hard

Borneo looks great too.

Popcorp

Quoted from foungi

s11 map test cup:

– pl frontier – Possible but only with major changes, although last point is really bad and hard to redesign.
– pl thundermountain – 3 stages, no
– a/d mountainlab – Possible, if people wanna try out 3CP. Needs major changes + the map is too small IMO.
– a/d dustbowl – Demo + Solly heaven, bad flanks, 3 stages
– koth nucleus – Too many opportunities for environmental deaths + Sniper dominance
– koth suijin – Too many opportunities for environmental deaths, clustered and easy to spawncamp.

Last edited by Popcorp,

b0nes

[DA]
[DA]

cp_alloy is almost impossible to cap last, it should not be used.

Ganon

How about Alloy ?
My opinion on alloy is that this is a cancer map, on a, the regroup position for offensers is too close to the point / regroup defenders’ position. On b, no clue what i could say, and c seems good. But the fact that defenders could defend both a and b is something good.

How about borneo ?
Very nice payload map which should be in the map pool.

How about coalplant ?
I didn’t have to play on it so idk

Fuxx

REMOVE

alloy is a clusterfuck of a map and that’s not even because of it being completely new to me. It has flaws that goes beyond a simple rework.

Borneo’s third point is absolutely disgraceful

idk coalplant but where’s ashville?

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Fuxx

idk coalplant but where’s ashville?

Was already tested last time
http://etf2l.org/2015/10/10/annnouncing-the-highlander-experimental-cup-7/

The point of trying out Coalplant now was to see if people enjoyed Coalplant more than Ashville.

Fenix

I’d rather play keikoku instead of alloy. Loved it at the time

keikoku is a really difficult map. big sight lines and last is hard to figure out how to balance.

Goreston

I’ve just filled out the questionnaire for the cup, and I think it could use a little work. There’s no general feedback box, and I was forced to give an opinion on a map that I didn’t get to play.

Regarding the format of the cup, I thought it worked well overall, but it seemed odd that we were able to play in all 3 rounds of the cup without once playing coalplant. Maybe change the order of the maps between rounds so that playtime is more evenly split between the maps?

Otherwise, thanks to everyone who had a hand in organising, and gg to Strong Opinions.

Steve!

S-O

Quoted from Goreston

I’ve just filled out the questionnaire for the cup, and I think it could use a little work. There’s no general feedback box, and I was forced to give an opinion on a map that I didn’t get to play.

Regarding the format of the cup, I thought it worked well overall, but it seemed odd that we were able to play in all 3 rounds of the cup without once playing coalplant. Maybe change the order of the maps between rounds so that playtime is more evenly split between the maps?

Otherwise, thanks to everyone who had a hand in organising, and gg to Strong Opinions.

I’ll keep in mind the possibility of mixing up maps, it’s definitely doable with the current infrastructure (and quite easily, too).
As for the general feedback, that’s what this thread is here for :D If you’d like to offer some feedback but you’re not comfortable with giving it here, you can message me on steam and relay it directly

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 Next »