Forum

HL S10 Map Test Cup: Maps

Created 18th February 2016 @ 22:08

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

Noxivus

xP

Regarding cp_alloy_rc1b.

We used etf2l_9v9_stopwatch when we scrimmed on it last night. We started as attackers, took B and then C within 2:30 min, then on red side we gave up B point, and held A/C.
Once the two and a half minute timer ran out, and the opposing team didnt manage to cap A or C, they didnt loose the round, but were given more time to capture the last two points.

My question is: Is stopwatch the wrong server config to use for cp_alloy? If yes, what should we use instead.

unu

Quoted from Noxivus

Regarding cp_alloy_rc1b.

We used etf2l_9v9_stopwatch when we scrimmed on it last night. We started as attackers, took B and then C within 2:30 min, then on red side we gave up B point, and held A/C.
Once the two and a half minute timer ran out, and the opposing team didnt manage to cap A or C, they didnt loose the round, but were given more time to capture the last two points.

My question is: Is stopwatch the wrong server config to use for cp_alloy? If yes, what should we use instead.

You were using the right cfg, the map is just broken like that. Unlike Steel where capping E counts as capping all 5 points, C just counts as 1 point. So if you want to be sure to get 3 caps you need to cap a+b first and C afterwards, as capping C ends the round.

BAITO

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

I know this isn`t a thread for this, but as ppl is talking about it.>>> Keep gpit in the mappool, stop all dis whining, it is not a bad map cuz of a throwaway point. Just learn to defend B or A or even both properly without fucking it up and it will be actually interesting games there. Attacking or defending, gravelpit is just one of those maps where u need that team synergy and starts and good calls. In attack u can fuck up multiple times, in defense u can fuck up once or twice and it will cost u the game. #gabenblessgpit ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9)

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from BAITO

I know this isn`t a thread for this, but as ppl is talking about it.>>> Keep gpit in the mappool, stop all dis whining, it is not a bad map cuz of a throwaway point. Just learn to defend B or A or even both properly without fucking it up and it will be actually interesting games there. Attacking or defending, gravelpit is just one of those maps where u need that team synergy and starts and good calls. In attack u can fuck up multiple times, in defense u can fuck up once or twice and it will cost u the game. #gabenblessgpit ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9)

we’ve had a lot of success on the map, doesn’t mean it isn’t bad and doesn’t hinge on hero plays. I’m all for a good map pool as opposed to just lobbying for maps my team is good on :^)

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from BAITO

Attacking or defending, gravelpit is just one of those maps where u need that team synergy and starts and good calls.

Not really, attacking gravelpit is one of the most AIDS experiences you can have if you aren’t playing a jumping class or sniper. Both B & C are dominated by uncontestable high ground (for the majority of the classes) and wide open spaces, more so than any other map.
If you have a good Sniper/Soldier you’ll do well, otherwise you’re in for a real tough time against a team that can abuse sight lines and high ground well.

The high ground issue is why so many teams get rolled on C easily once they make a mistake on B. You can have all 9 players up and spawned, but 7 of them are unable to even get near the point to defend without spending 10+ seconds scaling the tower.

Edifice has plenty of problems but at least it’s trying to make the highground more contestable for non jumping classes. I’d prefer that to gravelpit.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

[…]

If you have a good Sniper/Soldier you’ll do well.

Sooo every prem/tophigh team?

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from Tseini

[…]
Sooo every prem/tophigh team?

Some are clearly better than others though, it’s not like top prem and low prem snipers/soldiers are at the same skill level.
The point I’m making is that personally I don’t think there’s another map in the pool that is so heavily weighted towards so few classes.

Even maps like viaduct/lakeside which are considered heavily sniper weighted, you can make offensive plays as an engi, pyro or heavy, etc. It’s a hell of a lot harder to do so on gravelpit because you have so much ground to cross with so little cover and no way to contest the people standing on roof as you can’t physically get up there.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

[…]

Some are clearly better than others though, it’s not like top prem and low prem snipers/soldiers are at the same skill level.
The point I’m making is that personally I don’t think there’s another map in the pool that is so heavily weighted towards so few classes.

Even maps like viaduct/lakeside which are considered heavily sniper weighted, you can make offensive plays as an engi, pyro or heavy, etc. It’s a hell of a lot harder to do so on gravelpit because you have so much ground to cross with so little cover and no way to contest the people standing on roof as you can’t physically get up there.

From my experience,g-pit is one of the maps where invidual skill matters less but comes down to coordinated teamwork and playing with teams strenghts. Theres some results where better team have been outstartted instead of just out dm’d. Steel does this decently too

Highground against better soldier is easy to contest for example having your buffed sniper looking at the roof while your soldier jumps etc. So i wouldnt personally agree on the “uncontested highground”

Edit: its attack defence not king of the hill,you dont see engies doing offensive picks on payload either just saying

Last edited by Tseini,

Jin

teo

alloy is awfull

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Cp_alloy is really broken map, if you cap A and C or B and C it only counts as capping 2 points instead of 3(like capping E point on steel), so the enemy team has like full map time to cap all 3 points and win.

Also I would really love another try on cp_standin, it was something unique for me, kind of reminding me of dom_canalzone.

Last edited by Hajdzik,

adysky

Can we NOT play a broken map in a cup? Like how are you even gonna tell who won when stopwatch is not working with it properly

Just1s

☁GGG☁

Quoted from adysky

Can we NOT play a broken map in a cup? Like how are you even gonna tell who won when stopwatch is not working with it properly

If the proper time ends the team losses? Its quite simple, but especially lower teams needs to be informed that that extra time you get doesn’t count

Last edited by Just1s,

Fenix

should test vanguard instead, gonna keep pressing on it

yrr

I made a fixed version just now when I was alerted to this.

There are obviously many other reasons not to play Alloy, just worth noting I fixed the stopwatch stuff.

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from Fenix

should test vanguard instead, gonna keep pressing on it

No

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »