biskuu

HF!
pizza

Ban Razorback ty

Crayon

i agree with kes, i think it’d be interesting to ban amby + razorback

Raelyn

:Blinky:

I’d be open to a season without amby. I think you could argue for Amby to stay, as there are many pro Revolver spies like Hard who prefer it. I don’t really see that kind of different preference for Razorback, a large majority still use it.

But yeah, I’d be open to no Amby if there was no Razorback if people pushed for it.

Last edited by Raelyn,

jwso

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

yeah ban both razorback and amby so spies and snipers will feel equally bad and they won’t be able to complain

Banning the ambassador sounds moronic, just saying. It doesn’t even correlate with a ban of razorback if it went forward.

Like, if the razorback was banned for certain spies who do not have decent gun aim in the lower divs they might be less likely to run amby.

You can argue that the razorback slows the game down (whether this is a good or bad thing is up to you) because it makes it a lot harder to kill sniper which, in the top of high and prem is quite a solid class you’d like to pick, although more on this point below.

The ambassador rewards spies like toast who is the only current super scary aim spy and seperates him from the pack. I honestly don’t see why you’d remove a higher skill weapon from the game.

Unless I’ve been baited by a group of shitposts then my bad.

Also on topic of Razorback ban, now I’ve actually thought about it I’m not sure I agree with getting rid of it.

Pro’s

Easier to kill Sniper
May be less central to highlander meta
You won’t have to be afraid of sniper sightlines as much on pl maps as the spy can just suicide on a sniper.

Cons

Sniper is the reliable pick class at its current state. If you remove the razorback and spies do end up just suiciding for snipers then your windows of advantage become less frequent and could end up just slowing the game down even more which hl really doesn’t need.
Have to convince people to adapt which probably isn’t worth the hassle or backlash.

quintosh

wL.

ö

4hp

Amby would be silly to ban, I appreciate its skill, but if we can theorycraft a little bit I wish it would be somewhat discouraged to use it at very long ranges as a second sniper. I think it could have (adjusted) damage falloff and rampup on headshots, for example doing 110-120 point blank, around 90-100 midrange (say from one viaduct rock to the other) but only do about 60-70 at max range.

This assuming razorback is either banned or nerfed.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from Tomu

The ambassador rewards spies like toast who is the only current super scary aim spy and seperates him from the pack. I honestly don’t see why you’d remove a higher skill weapon from the game.

Did Villdjack quit?

Though the idea of banning ambassador is not because of “well you banned razorback so im just salty snipermain”. I’d like to see it go because the game should have 1 sniper,not 2.
And it quite effectively counters pyro. You already see pyros roaming and scout doing better spycheck.

Though i dont think banning razorback will effect too much, I always found soldiers as bigger threat than spies even when i ran something else than razorback.

Even i could play some maps as spy in prem just because of ambassador :^)

Hammock

x22
PitO.

also ban Short-Circuit because it counters Soldier and Demoman kthxbye

adysky

Quoted from Tomu

like toast who is the only current super scary aim spy

no.

OT: banning neither of these weapons sounds ridiculous to me, half a year ago we were unbanning every weapon that’s not broken so we have more matchmaking friendly enviroment and now people want a balanced unlocks that have been playtested for several season and proven not being broken banned? I strongly disagree.

Raelyn

:Blinky:

I think it’s healthy to regularly question unlocks. I don’t agree with banning Amby at all, though I would happily take a season without it just so we could see a season without Razorback, if that’s what Snipers really want. It’s just one season, and if your unlock is balanced then you have nothing to worry about.

These sorts of changes haven’t really been playtested at all, we’ve just sort of went along with it and accepted that this is how things work. You say the Razorback is proven not broken, and yeah it’s not broken, but I still think there is good debate in an unlock which Snipers will rarely change off of.

Change is good, testing is good. If it doesn’t work out, then we switch back, no issue. I’ll be the first to admit that maybe the Razorback is necessary/fine if its removal doesn’t make as much of an impact as some people say. I simply believe there is merit in encouraging Snipers to rotate a bit more because they won’t be as hard to kill anymore in the combo, and the Razorback helps in this regard. Why not try without it? Surely it won’t hurt.

Last edited by Raelyn,

Selek

Dr. med.

In my first few scrims with the new whitelist especially on Product, Snipers were picked by Spies significantly more often. They just can’t get into a fixed tunnelvision mode that much.

So either get your team to protect you more or learn to turn around. This change in the Spy-Sniper dynamic is very interesting and Sniper might become less of a powerhouse because he is actually killable now, overheal and teammates in the general vicinity (i. e. not actively spychecking) don’t help against everything anymore.

On a personal sidenote: It feels good if my team asks me to focus the pocket Sniper more and I can answer with “Alright” instead of “Not viable, sorry”.

KesPenguen

well seems like there is a misunderstanding, higher skill celling ≠ balanced weapon, sure ambassador takes good amount of skill but its still the best unlock for spy for one reason no falloff damage i mean its pretty retarded to weapon such as ambassador be in a game balanced araound falloff damage.It is samething like creating a mini-sniper to deal with sniper and playing gun spy with ambassador is the most safe and easy game style ever can be, just give me an example of a spy who plays knife orianted in prem or top high? no because is underpowered as hell compare to gun orianted spies but like i said skill celling and effectivity means nothing if a class doing something that it shouldnt be able to do and thats the main reason spy mains complaining about razorback.To be honest ambassador is a small problem compare to razorback it still kills the variarity of game styles which is bad because only thing you see in higher divs is: mini-snipers and mini-scouts which running around dr&primary and unfortunately they are doing the right thing beacause anything expect it not even worth to try but its worth to try to ban ambassador till it gets a rework or a nerf.

Last edited by KesPenguen,

Useless

TC.Noobas

Quoted from KesPenguen

just give me an example of a spy who plays knife orianted in prem or top high

Grenjabob?

Fenix

Quoted from KesPenguen

just give me an example of a spy who plays knife orianted in prem or top high? no because is underpowered as hell compare to gun orianted spies

LOL

How about chooper? Literally the best spy in prem imo.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »