Forum

HL S10 Map Test Cup: Unlocks

Created 18th February 2016 @ 22:07

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

Nik

MEGA$$

just play like i did and hug your medic all the time

honestly jarate is a better choice, i reckon that everyone just got used to the razorback but i dont think it will have that much of an impact and snipers that play with the combo

i just didnt use any secondary other than the razorback because crutch obviously

Last edited by Nik,

mba god's hand

st

ban dead ringer. ban beggars bazuka. ban scorch shot. ban amby. ban market gardener

VoidTrinity

I don’t see much point in banning the razorback, this would only be a slight advantage when the sniper isn’t around the combo because who would go for a sniper stab rather then a med/demo pick when he’s around the combo. And seeing as the meta is for the sniper to be constantly around the combo, it wouldn’t change the current meta much as the sniper will have a pyro near his arse all the time.

Last edited by VoidTrinity,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from VoidTrinity

I don’t see much point in banning the razorback, this would only be a slight advantage when the sniper isn’t around the combo because who would go for a sniper stab rather then a med/demo pick when he’s around the combo. And seeing as the meta is for the sniper to be constantly around the combo, it wouldn’t change the current meta much as the sniper will have a pyro near his arse all the time.

i’d take a sniper pick over a medic pick any day of the week

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from VoidTrinity

I think it’s the opposite, razorback is useless when you are away from the combo, because you can just shoot them. Khazul always complains about the sniper having razorback and being with the combo, because if you try to shoot him you will get rekd. Now you can get easy 1 for 1 trades which benefit you and you can do chains.

VoidTrinity

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

I think it’s the opposite, razorback is useless when you are away from the combo, because you can just shoot them. Khazul always complains about the sniper having razorback and being with the combo, because if you try to shoot him you will get rekd. Now you can get easy 1 for 1 trades which benefit you and you can do chains.

I wouldn’t say useless, just much less effective to the point where death is imminent unless he’s got a buddy. But yeah, with recent balance changes – big earner – stabbing an easy stationary sniper can lead to easier combo picks.

Useless

TC.Noobas

Quoted from VoidTrinity

Considering how powerfull a good sniper is, I’d say it is a way more valuable pick than any of the other classes.

DyaWyb

(ETF2L Donator)
Let it rip

Would say that against good snipers I would value more of the sniper pick than random heavy pick.
This is a positive change!
Sniper running razorback + full time heals is almost impossible for spy to take care off. Of course you can “harras” the sniper a little and your team can use that distraction as a possibility but that shit is hard to succeed.
Now the possibility to trade yourself for sniper as a spy will give teams more possibilities to push.
Still it isn’t easy to kill the sniper. If sniper holds with the combo, combo will likely have a pyro with them so spy still has to “sneak” through pyros guard.

Let them pick classes get picks 8)

adysky

Quoted from Muuki

[…]i’d take a sniper pick over a medic pick any day of the week

Steve!

S-O

Thanks to everyone providing actual constructive opinions on the weapons we are discussing: razorback, pomson and phlog.

As for the rest, I’d ask you reconsider shit-posting in this thread because this is an actual chance to influence whitelist decisions for the general population, and having to sift through garbage to find the serious discussions isn’t fun.

I’ll be removing off-topic posts as we go along, to keep this whole thing somewhat useful to the admins when we’re discussing unlocks between each other.

Hammock

x22
PitO.

oh man i should remember to use this forum.

Razorback: Will be interesting to see how this works out. Might get more Knife Spies now and force Snipers to play the same game as the team.

Pomson: THANK YOU. As you may know I am completely fine with most nerfs to Engineer as I know its a horrible class. As a result I will abuse these unlocks constantly so people know they’re broken and they get resolved. Now if only you banned Short-Circuit…

Phlog: Not much of an issue here. Seeing a Scorch Pyro will make it obvious they’re building, plus Spy can check for it. Pyro will also get rekt if he uses it unless with good teamplay. I do forsee Concherer Phlog being interesting though (Conch for HP on hit and fast speed).

I feel it’s also worth noting that Sandman is still a big issue that is ignored and will only be addressed when someone actually sees it in a Prem official.

Raelyn

:Blinky:

http://pastebin.com/mn7wpzXa

A conversation me and cloudy had about the razorback ban and sniper/spy dynamic in general, maybe someone could get something from it idk

Last edited by Raelyn,

4hp

I dunno, I think the razorback discussion is just a symptom of a core issue with sniper in HL. Sniper is essentially a brick wall you can’t push into when he has combo protection, to the point where if he has no razorback the spies out there think it’s a pretty decent idea to die for him instead of the medic/demo, and if you actually want to change that you have to nerf sniper in a more fundamental way. It’s still gonna be hard to stab a sniper on the combo with some shitty pyro main flaming everywhere.

Problem is the class is balanced for most situations including 6s, so most people will rightfully argue that sniper’s excessive power in HL is a problem of HL and not the sniper.

Last edited by 4hp,

KesPenguen

Quoted from 4hp

I dunno, I think the razorback discussion is just a symptom of a core issue with sniper in HL. Sniper is essentially a brick wall you can’t push into when he has combo protection, to the point where if he has no razorback the spies out there think it’s a pretty decent idea to die for him instead of the medic/demo, and if you actually want to change that you have to nerf sniper in a more fundamental way. It’s still gonna be hard to stab a sniper on the combo with some shitty pyro main flaming everywhere.

Problem is the class is balanced for most situations including 6s, so most people will rightfully argue that sniper’s excessive power in HL is a problem of HL and not the sniper.

idea behind the razorback is broken as ambassador,both of them giving the opportunity of countering the other class which is stupid because whitout razorback spy is the biggest counter of the sniper but if you block the spies ability to backstab he has to deal with his primary weapon.Revolver isnt viable while sniper is overhealed and ambassador isnt the powerhouse that can be deal with buffed sniper while he is close to his combo that is the main reason sniper is the brick wall can only breakable with counter-sniping also whitout the razorback ambassador is will be more annoying than ever for snipers, there is already spies that spam the sniper across the map with ambassador and if sniper is distracted spy can get a cheap kill if he is not just run away with dead ringer and try his change next time.For 6s it may be not broken but definitely frustrating, two reason people dont complain about razorback in 6s because there is less people to protect sniper but sniper is still overhealed most of the time and his team will still protect till his get a important pick at this moment there is no need to offclass to spy and deal with the sniper.Second problem is just a truth about the game spy is the weakest class and its only viable to get cheap back-caps in 6s.Imo both of the weapons is broken except pub and deserves a decent nerf.

TL;DR
-sniper shouldnt be able to deny the backstab.
-spy shouldnt be able to headshot.

Last edited by KesPenguen,

Fenix

might aswell ban the ambassador for real since you are banning the razorback

Last edited by Fenix,

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »