Forum

Provide the ability to remove uploaded demos?

Created 15th February 2016 @ 03:32

Add A Reply Pages: 1

[01:36] Hi PJC, how can I help?
[01:36] hi, i accidentally submitted duplicate demos for this match http://etf2l.org/matches/63410/
[01:37] should be one STV of each map and that’s it
[01:37] so preferably the duplicates need to be removed
[01:38] Demos can’t be removed once uploaded sorry
[01:39] why not?
[01:40] No idea, it just doesn’t let me
[01:41] ah that sucks, looks really messy now especially since one of the demos says it’s first person even though it’s actually source tv x)
[01:42] Sorry :( Anything else I can help with?
[01:43] np, thanks for responding, that’s all for now

Is there any particular reason why this isn’t possible? I hoped to have a well organized demo archive on our team’s profile for my teammates and friends to go back and watch our matches, but now it’s a bit of a mess with duplicates and a STV demo being labelled as “First Person”. I suppose it’s not really a big issue, but at the same time it seems kinda silly that not even admins themselves can remove uploads that serve no purpose and perhaps waste space in some way(?).

Plus, whilst it’s initially my fault for uploading duplicates in the first place (I’m only human) and whilst I don’t know the process that admins go through to approve demos, shouldn’t this kind of thing be checked for beforehand?

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from PJC

[…]

Is there any particular reason why this isn’t possible? I hoped to have a well organized demo archive on our team’s profile for my teammates and friends to go back and watch our matches, but now it’s a bit of a mess with duplicates and a STV demo being labelled as “First Person”. I suppose it’s not really a big issue, but at the same time it seems kinda silly that not even admins themselves can remove uploads that serve no purpose and perhaps waste space in some way(?).

Plus, whilst it’s initially my fault for uploading duplicates in the first place (I’m only human) and whilst I don’t know the process that admins go through to approve demos, shouldn’t this kind of thing be checked for beforehand?

Not sure who you talked to, if he/she dont know or have no access to do so, but we can delete demos and so I just did.

Edit: Guess I deleted one tagged as First Person and one tagged as STV ¯|_(ツ)_/¯

Quoted from Sonny Black

[…]

Not sure who you talked to, if he/she dont know or have no access to do so, but we can delete demos and so I just did.

Edit: Guess I deleted one tagged as First Person and one tagged as STV ¯|_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks :)! Although, I’m looking on the match page now and cp_process_final’s demo is labelled as First Person, so would it be possible for you to change that to STV? If not, you can remove it and I’ll re-upload it with the correct label.

Add A Reply Pages: 1