Forum

[ETF2L] Season 23 Discussion and Feedback Thread

Created 22nd January 2016 @ 23:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Looking at your reply from an admin perspective: it has a holes and wrong assumptions in it. I’m not going to go into details, but coalplant and other decisions are based around community feedback and longevity of the league.

Lucfer

GOLD

I would suggest to make a poll for choosing between granary, coalplant or logjam.

Quoted from Lucfer

I would suggest to make a poll for choosing between granary, coalplant or logjam.

has been done, but thanks for the suggestion

Vaskie

BulletClub

Clueless decision taken by clueless admins.

Granary might not be considered the best map in the map pool, but it’s a staple, and has it’s own play style which can be considered quite different from other 5CPs with it being a slower map overall.

There are many other options when it comes to making replacements.

Logjam seems to be in a better place since it was played last on Season 20?
Sunshine has now been played for a few seasons, it plays mostly the same way Snakewater does, and i would say, people don’t seem too thrilled to play it when they have to.

Coalplant being put on the Map pool seems like a completely random decision taken by clueless HL admins. The map doesn’t flow well at all, and as far as i know, seasoned players are hating the idea of having to play it.

It’s an incredibly short sighted decision, especially if you consider that we have 3 lans, with 1 of them being the biggest one TF2 has ever had. I doubt any of those lans are gonna follow the ETF2L maps if the map pool does stay the one announced.

With i58 and Matchmaking happening soon enough, it’s the wrong timing to take such a decision. Not only has Valve said in the past, that they are willing to change their versions of the maps (Granary, Viaduct e.g) instead of replacing them by pro versions, but these maps have been staples for a reason.

Coalplant doesn’t play well, and i massively doubt it would be added to Matchmaking, or played on any of the Lans, so why force people to play it, when they were happy enough with Granary?

Yet again, what a load of horseshit coming from ETF2L admins.

Cauthon

(ETF2L Donator)
prly

Quoted from kKaltUu

[…] has been done, but thanks for the suggestion

who voted in that poll then? It’s too late now it should’ve been league-wide poll where everyone could cast a vote, it just seems that the majority is against coalplant or removing granary

Chiefdog

Xypher

Why do we have to change the map pool at all, last seasons map pool was really good!

Vaskie

BulletClub

In all honesty, it all comes down to. Do we honestly believe we are gonna be playing Coalplant next season, or next year ? It’s gonna be one of those maps that comes and goes like Bazillion, Obscure, and so on.

It’s such a short sighted decision, i find it pretty unbelievable that this is going ahead. We should in fact get a vote within the prem players, or even everyone playing in this season as to which map should be played.

Again, with i58 and Matchmaking coming upon us, do we want to play around with maps that we already know are not gonna be around for long ?

As for what was mentioned on yesterdays Fully Charged EU, that admins decided on Coalplant due to it still being in development.. that’s a bullshit excuse, since Granary Pro could easily be as well, and so is Logjam which has made quite a lot of improvements.

Valve has mentioned before how they will now add pro versions of maps to the Matchmaking, though they are willing to change the original maps to have any of the added changes of the pro versions.

Can we please get Granary Pro back on the map pool ? Since it’s only in week 4, can we get a vote up until then ?

Think about the future of the game, Lans, Online Tournaments, Pickups, Matchmaking, and so on!!

damneasy

+granary -shitshine

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Vaskie

We should in fact get a vote within the prem players, or even everyone playing in this season as to which map should be played.

There was one within prem. It listed s22 maps + gpit logjam coalplant and asked for 3 maps which you didn’t want in Season 23.

Top 3 voted maps were gpit, logjam and coalplant. Sunshine was next. Unfortunately the poll link was leaked so I can’t get the exact numbers but Sunshine was a fair way ahead of Granary.

damneasy

Quoted from Vaskie

As for what was mentioned on yesterdays Fully Charged EU, that admins decided on Coalplant due to it still being in development.. that’s a bullshit excuse, since Granary Pro could easily be as well, and so is Logjam which has made quite a lot of improvements.!

They said sunshine is still in development

skyro

#SaveMelee

Although I like sunshine, prioritizing it over granary is stupid

Coalplant also seems like a really bad idea, the map has been around for a while and it’s not news to find out that a large part of the playerbase dislikes the map, the reason of its addition i guess is a mystery i’ll never solve

Vaskie

BulletClub

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

There was one within prem. It listed s22 maps + gpit logjam coalplant and asked for 3 maps which you didn’t want in Season 23.

Top 3 voted maps were gpit, logjam and coalplant. Sunshine was next. Unfortunately the poll link was leaked so I can’t get the exact numbers but Sunshine was a fair way ahead of Granary.

So they had a poll where players clearly voted agains’t any of the new maps, but yet they replace one of them, for one people didn’t want voted out ?

What an awful idea..

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Haha.

unu

#bringbackmetalworks

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Stop adding 6v6 to the title of competitions.

Season 23 is obviously 6v6 because it is the de facto competitive format and has been running the longest.

Same way they don’t call it the 11v11 FIFA World Cup, but do clarify when it’s five-a-side or beach football.

Nice try HL admins, please keep your inferiority complex in check.

SeemsGood

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »