[ETF2L] Season 23 Preseason Cup / Test Whitelist Feedback Thread

Created 30th December 2015 @ 00:34

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Popcorp

You can still make a poll just to see what community wants or doesn’t want, but you can also leave a not at the end of the poll that THE RESULTS OF THIS POLL WILL NOT GUARANTEE ANYTHING

It’s basically to give admins more information, to make judgement even easier. Lets say you make a vote which map to remove and which to add, now here’s an example:

Lets say admins want to remove Sunshine and add Coalplant, because that’s what they all decided in the end, but then before they do it, they decide to make a poll and by the end of it, it shows that, for example, 90% of the players voted to remove Process, from other maps like Sunshine, Snake, Badlands or none, and then vote for either Gpit, Coalplant, Logjam, Metalworks or none, to add into mappool. 85% voted to add Metalworks.

-Process
+Metalworks

So now admins have a chance to do a better judgement, since clearly they see that people want other map out and other map in.
I just want to say that non-prem players/admins have barely any influence in the community, as well as the lack of any rewards for participating in seasons, we’re still waiting for our season 20, 21, 22 and soon to be 23 medals, Highlander ones too. Just distribute them already, UGC can with their swiss system and you guys can’t for some reason (laziness prolly).

Try making a poll, seeing a result and then going completely against it. How do you think the community is going to feel about that? It’s bad enough already that not everyone’s opinion is listened to, but to listen to it and ignore it is even worse. If the admins have a result in mind and will ignore the poll to implement it, what is the point of the poll?

Non-prem players have barely any influence in the community, it’s true in almost every aspect of life. Just one recent example is the FIFA Ballon D’or where only captains/managers of each FIFA nation are allowed to vote. Pretty much everything works this way, and that’s life. Generally people with better knowledge and more experience (prem players/admins) dictate what happens.

The rewards is a different subject completely. I can assure you it isn’t laziness – unless you count not going through 1000’s of players individually and assigning the correct medal type as lazy. UGC can assign them with their swiss system because they did not have to recently convert their whole tournament system.

Funs

coalplant woo gravelpit boo :(

whiteee

autism.tf

-altough I do really enjoy gravelpit I am 100% sure it’s not a map that can be played on a regoular season. gpit is just not fun most of the times. it just needs some kind of rework, and a good _pro version would be cool because the idea of 6s a/d looks pretty interesting
-logjam is pretty cool, but it has many little things which need to be fixed (i.e. some hiding spots, holes in the mid etc)
-coalplant was better than expected. pretty fun to play.

parkingturtle

RY

Pomson is fine, it’s gonna be one of those weps people complain about before the season and no one ever uses during officials. No one would ever start rushing like a tard as engie just to see the pocket absorbing each of every shot and leaving its team with a player disadvantge. And even if the guy is spamming far away from you, as long as you have less than 500 ping you can dodge the projectiles easily. So please mates, just chill out!

And I’d really love to see the disciplinary action added, would make mids and pushes way more dynamic (and for people who would start replying it’s a bad idea and it would change the game too much, that’s what some people said when the gunboats were first introduced in european league and now it’s considered completely normal by the whole community).

n!k

+ disciplinary action
+ quickix

faster on mid than demos :^)

NeuTronas

Disciplinary action = heavy to mid

Silver Tosspot

(°)>

Logjam has it’s problem but it’s a lot of fun to play compared to gravelpit which is both broken and lame.

Quoted from Silver Tosspot

Logjam has it’s problem

And that will be why it probably won’t be in the season.

Really the only logical map to remove would be granary pro if they were gonna use any of the new ones. It’s never been a A++ map to begin with and now it’s some custom version to make it play slightly better which stops it being one of those maps you just jump straight into out of pubs.

I don’t think they’ll remove Viaduct because it’s the only non 5cp gamemode we have, in fact probably because of some of the small faults logjam has they’ll go for coalplant to make people actually scrim koth and not yolo through those 2 weeks. It’s the only map that really worked in the cup imo. Gpit was fun to watch but so many teams were clueless that it would recieve bad feedback at the end of the season no matter.

Wouldn’t be surprised to keep seeing Sunshine (wasn’t at all bad and will probably become a stock map soon) and Coalplant next season honestly, that and Viaduct pro, will be nice to have some fresh and modern maps to play.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4