Forum

Lack of event promotions

Created 15th November 2015 @ 01:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Popcorp

I’ve been wondering about this for some time now, why ETF2L doesn’t promote EU events that could potentially improve competitive Tf2 scene.

Razer cups have been a thing since July (I think?) and yet ETF2L did lil to none promotion at all to get more teams to sign-up. Yes, Permzilla made a Game Sense Monthly news post, but it was 6 hours before registration closed, it was really poorly timed, because you ask your team whether or not you want to sign-up at least a day in advance, not 6 hours, when there’s also a chance that your teammates are offline, working or studying.

NA players managed to get 25/32 teams while EU only has 11/32 for Razer, which is a shame, this shows a huge lack of support to EU scene from ETF2L, it’s like Admins/Newswriters don’t even bother doing any promotion at all.

Dreamhack is happening soon and again there’s not much info about it on ETF2L.
I’m aware that all the information about all the events is located on TF TV, but not every single person from ETF2L knows or bothers to check TF TV.

I would suggest doing the Upcoming events below/above News or a banner(?), like on Logs.tf, which says that there’s a non-ETF2L event going on and that you should try checking it out.

Example: http://i.imgur.com/Xt2BQ8T.png

There’s really no reason not to do something like this, this only helps out competitive scene and also increases the amount of Viewers for those events, as well as helps out supporting Razer, that is happily willing to support Tf2 as long as we support their cups, by not promoting their big competitions, we’re risking them dropping out EU Razer cups due to lack of interest and just keeping NA ones, and then people complain why Tf2 is dead and nobody supports it.

S!MON

(ETF2L Donator)

yes please!

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

+1

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

There is a reason we did not promote the Razer cups, if you look on the upper right side of the ETF2L page you may understand why.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

You have a news section. You can report on the largest online TF2 tournaments happening in EU even if you are sponsored by Tt esports. Plus that’s just totally not the reason, people from tftv have to badger the admins here to post content as the news writers do not provide adequate coverage.

The tl;dr for this ENTIRE thread is that ETF2L is not going to inform you on anything outside ETF2L. If you want to engage with the wider community in ANY way you should 100% be checking teamfortress.tv

If you don’t at least occasionally check tftv you’re never gonna know what’s going on. And that’s not ETF2L’s problem – they’re a league not a news website for tf2, even if they could do that. TFTV is literally the news and coverage website so go look there. There’s no excuse.

Netsky

I personally feel like sometimes we already have to many news popping up in a short time interval.
+1 to sideshow, this is a league, not a news site.
All I can bring forth is the surprising amount of people who actually miss critical news posts with rule changes for instance. Either they don’t bother to look, or the post left the upper position quite fast. No one will ever know

Popcorp

Then try promoting TF TV better, I wasn’t aware of that website when I started playing competitive, it took me almost a year to find out about its existence. Im pretty sure everyone in Prem and High are aware of TF TV, but majority of mid and open players are not.

And Permzilla still ended up making a Razer cup News post, so I don’t see the reason why shouldn’t we do this in the future.

All in all, if you’re not willing to spread the outside news, then do a better job promoting TF TV for that, something like a clickable banner (as in the example) “For any news regarding Competitive TF2, please visit TeamFortress TV ” which will then redirect you to that website.

IPZIE

SUAVE

lol it took you a year. i google competitve tf2 and it shows up. you are just a lazy cunt

to be honest, ETF2L gets no incentives for promoting razer cups.

How would creating more and more posts about razer make Tt eSPORTS / Thermaltake feel in sponsoring us? Luckily they’re really good people, but we could’ve had a different marketing manager and just pull the plug on us for promoting their competitor.

For tftv, we have an understanding of ETF2L linking their stream and adding them as partner, and in return we allow them to cast our 6s games / have match tickers.

That said, if you think we’re doing it wrong: apply! we are a small community staff and if you feel you can improve our PR / media strategies you can put in the work hours and help us with that.

http://etf2l.org/etf2l/jobs/

SiTeHBu0mbb

DOWN

Quoted from kKaltUu

to be honest, ETF2L gets no incentives for promoting razer cups.

Maybe so, yet alternatively I always see/hear comments about getting the comp community exposed to the pubbers and trying to expand. Now I don’t know if this is primarily users speaking about it or ETF2L as well, but it seems that something like this might help expand the comp community, which in effect gives more exposure and therefore stimulates growth.

Along those lines, there’s a sunday cup from Razer today (https://arena.razerzone.com/tournaments/details/657/255Beu255D-game-sense—sunday-practice-cup#details) so if anyone needs a player… :)

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

That’s really disheartening, hearing “ETF2L gets nothing for promoting razer stuff”. ETF2L gets nothing from ANYTHING except making tf2 bigger. If you actively make competitive tf2 bigger, etf2l directly benefits. And so the question is, does promoting a sponsor who is putting vast amounts (in tf2 terms) of money into the scene and a cool new system help competitive tf2 and therefore help etf2l? YE ofc it does!

Taking such a selfish approach and only promoting stuff that you run, or stuff that directly helps you, is one of the reasons why ETF2L is not helping tf2 grow, and is not growing large amounts itself.

aura

Speaking of promotion how about admins put a big fucking sign that says smth like: “ETF2l Grand Finals, Tomorrow 19 cet”. Because the old announcement post got buried under hl news. This should have been done at least a week before, but whatever its too late to discuss that anyway.

Last edited by aura,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Sonny Black

There is a reason we did not promote the Razer cups, if you look on the upper right side of the ETF2L page you may understand why.

Is this a clause in ETF2L’s sponsorship contract?

Also I feel like if people want ETF2L to promote something, they should write a promotion article, upload it to OneDrive them approach an admin to post it on their behalf, they’re far more likely to get this to happen if you take away 90% of the work.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from aura

Speaking of promotion how about admins put a big fucking sign that says smth like: “ETF2l Grand Finals, Tomorrow 19 cet”. Because the old announcement post got buried under hl news. This should have been done at least a week before, but whatever its too late to discuss that anyway.

Actually ETF2L do a good job of bumping the main article up to the top…most of the time. The Grand Final one should have been bumped up yesterday but in general, they’re good.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Hildreth

The Grand Final one should have been bumped up yesterday but in general, they’re good.

Why don’t you like this particular one staying there for a while? ;-)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »