Forum

[Experimental Highlander One-Night-Cup #7] Feedback Thread

Created 11th October 2015 @ 16:08

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

gravelpit literally the same map as before based on this 1 game i played, the new flank only adds one “new” sightline and new flank/c pushes are still blatantly obvious and easy to rotate to, 20 second respawn times for attackers, didnt remember it being this long originally, in a sense its ok for b -> c but pushing b is really dumb against team of the same level when they actually get back to the point faster than you

ashville is still ashville, boring and random sniper/flank map, no new arguments here

badwater pro honestly not much of a difference, 3rd is a bit easier to push but honestly personally i never found it that difficult of a thing to learn in the original and don’t really see it warranting having to use -another- _pro_ugc_final1 version since it’s just a hassle for newer players and for me cause i have to download these maps during officials.

Persephona

I heard results were coinflipped only because results came in one minute later and team players were told to fuck off. Is this the proper attitude from admins?

Grenja

Gpit pro feels like an improvement, but mostly just due to the lighting and not the new entrance.

Ashville is not a good map and should not be in ETF2L

Badwater pro feels pretty good, I don’t like badwater in general but if we have to play it it should probably be this version; makes 3rd less of a depressing thing to slog through and I quite like the spawn change for offence.

Last edited by Grenja,

.zero

-chess-

Top quality one-night-cup, kkaltuu. If you can’t be arsed putting teams in the right tier, don’t even bother making a cup for the non-prem tiers. It’s not fun for either team if one gets absolutely smashed.

I don’t really see any reason why the new gravelpit is any better, but I’d like to see it towards the end of the season, same as cp_steel. Week 5 and week 7 or something.

I like ashville more than warmtic/lakeside simply because it’s one of the few maps that isn’t op for snipers. Dunno what your comment is about Muuki. It’s looks ugly as fuck tho, but atleast you can cross the point without literally walking into a sniper.

I’m fine with either version of badwater. They play the same.

EDIT: Oh yeah, barnblitz best map. Hands off.

Last edited by .zero,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from .zero

I like ashville more than warmtic/lakeside simply because it’s one of the few maps that isn’t op for snipers. Dunno what your comment is about Muuki. It’s looks ugly as fuck tho, but atleast you can cross the point without literally walking into a sniper.

are we even talking about the same map? have you discovered the balcony area for snipers yet? it’s pretty good if you have the aim to shoot enemies in the head since it covers 2.5 out of 3 entrances

Spyro

(ETF2L Donator)
GIEL

I guess mid-High and High we’re seeded according to first come first served, but it felt horribly unfair for our opponents. We’d basically faced our strongest contenders round 1 and it got easier from there on out, not a fan of that.

The new Gpit was really enjoyable and the extra flank changed the way it was played quite drastically for us, so I’m definately a fan of that.

Ashville I’d prefer over warmtic any day of the week, and Badwater pro plays pretty much the same as normal BW, but I prefer it simply because of the better spawns.

.zero

-chess-

Quoted from Muuki

[…]are we even talking about the same map? have you discovered the balcony area for snipers yet? it’s pretty good if you have the aim to shoot enemies in the head since it covers 2.5 out of 3 entrances

Which is in a perfectly spam-able range from all 2.5 entrances.

SiMoon

Badwater = very nice map

Ashville = nice map

Gravelpit = bad map

French = the life

Last edited by SiMoon,

CazaroC

:Blinky:

Nice cup, but the bazaar bargain is too op, don’t put it in the whitelist. That was awesome to play Ashville in ETF2L

Last edited by CazaroC,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from .zero

[…]

Which is in a perfectly spam-able range from all 2.5 entrances.

yeah we definitely are not talking about the same map

Toshi

MONSOON
TF2Co

Was cool

Last edited by Toshi,

Simba

>comment about prem recruitment posts

EDIT: WAS FUN I ENJOY AND GOT FREE 1 EURO 70 HANK YOU ETF2KL

Last edited by Simba,

MIGHTY BURGER ツ

Appart from Fake Russians vs Chaos…. setback, it was a pretty entertaining cup to watch, and well managed and organised overall.

—————————————————————————-

Quoted from RTC

…Barnblitz, which I find to be a little congested.

Don’t forget douchebag red Ambyringer spies sniping from the house all day while you besiege last.

And as for Borneo needing to be play-tested, I understand that etf2l and ugc are separate organisations with their own pride and their own criteria for map selection. But in all earnest, don’t you think that it has been played enough to pronounce a reasoned and well-informed decision by now?
I mean, the map has appeared and evolved every now and then since ugc S7, and the rc4/final one has been around for a year already.

Last edited by MIGHTY BURGER ツ,

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

also if you insist on having gpit pro played then PLEASE make the resup locker zone bigger at red spawn, it’s super small compared to other lockers in the game and it tickles my autism when i try to jump through the zone

Aoshi

(Legend)
:think:
GRAHAM

Quoted from Persephona

I heard results were coinflipped only because results came in one minute later and team players were told to fuck off. Is this the proper attitude from admins?

We coinflipped the games 15 minutes past 20cest. Because there was still a map to be played in the timeframe of 20-21. Just waiting on results that might never come in isn’t possible.
Players that came to irc asap and requested an admin the proper way were helped on further and got their results instead of coinflips.

Last edited by Aoshi,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »