Forum

[S9] Highlander Season 9 Feedback

Created 21st September 2015 @ 15:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 18 Next »

Chronos

BMS

Badwater pro > badwater. Would love to see borneo and swiftwater instead of barnblitz and gravelpit. I don’t particularly like any 5cp in highlander and would love an alternative, more koth maps or something else maybe?

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from kKaltUu

We’re most likely banning medigun pickups to keep in line with our 6s season.

What has one thing got to do with another?

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from kKaltUu

We’re most likely banning medigun pickups to keep in line with our 6s season.

Wrong decision, sorry.

Chronos

BMS

I like the ability to pick up another medics medigun to punish them for making a mistake, however the ability to pick up your own medigun is stupid as it partially lets you off for making a mistake yourself. Unless you can ban picking up your own medigun then just ban picking up mediguns completely. Loose cannon isn’t overpowered in my opinion, being able to pipe something quickly doing 100 damage is really important, and you can’t do that with lc. Sydney sleeper isn’t op, but short circuit is broken as it requires no skill and can completely deny a kritzkrieg. Enforcer should also be unbanned

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

Wrong decision, sorry.

is it though? other competitively played games, even big ones, have mechanics which exist and dont exist in one gamemode and not the other

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

” We’re most likely banning gunslinger keep in line with our 6s season. ”

– Kaltu Kappa

it's Mint

GG

I’m really hoping to see the short circuit unbanned. It’s almost at the same stage as it was when it was allowed a few seasons back, and at that time barely any engi used it. There’s no reason at all for this weapon to be banned anymore, and allowing it would add another aspect to the already weakest class in the game.

Second, I think that Gravelpit is a really bad map and should be removed from the mappool. It’s not a coincidence that alot of officials played on Gpit result in upsets, and for this reason alone it should be removed. And no, it’s not about being prepared vs unprepared, we’re not talking about Steel here. Honestly it doesn’t really matter which map that replaces it, I’m just hoping to finally see it go away after all those seasons.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

The argument about pub differing from comp in regards to Medigun pickups is completely different when compared to the same argument for weapons. In public play, the meta around picking up weapons is almost non-existent. Picking up a medigun in public play is hardly even noticeable, but in competitive play it is hugely impactful. The same cannot be said for weapons. Weapons have (effectively) the same effect in public and competitive play.

Regardless, I am not completely against this mechanic, but with Matchmaking still a way off I think it would negatively impact competitive TF2 in its current state. If this mechanic stays in the game, it will be added when the time is right (probably matchmaking).

Falcon0408

Does stuff only get changed when it affects prem/high? Because beggars in Open is the most ridiculous thing ever. Pub tier sollys can carry so hard because its got the skill ceiling of pyro but with 20x the damage output vs players who don’t have the experience or DM to deal with it.

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Quoted from Falcon0408

Does stuff only get changed when it affects prem/high? Because beggars in Open is the most ridiculous thing ever. Pub tier sollys can carry so hard because its got the skill ceiling of pyro but with 20x the damage output vs players who don’t have the experience or DM to deal with it.

Afaik yes.

Quoted from Henghast

Balancing is top down. If balancing decisions were taken based on open complaints it increases chances that, that decision was made without the fullest of knowledge and competence currently on offer.

Not that anything other than prem is irrelevant for discussion but they carry significantly more weight due to the implicit understanding that they are more capable and thus better positioned to make an informed contribution.

You can also see that with the loose cannon now, last season nobody talked about that but now after people saw the bullshit potential they talk about it. (Might be wrong cause it wasn’t allowed last season or they changed something about the cannon, really have no idea since I wasn’t paying much attention to that weapon, I think it’s annoying but okay)

Prem has hartz and I’ve seen him myself and have respect of what he’s able to do with the bazooka and I won’t deny that what he does takes skill. Still it’s also out of the question that just because of this unlock he’s able to do stupid annoying shit that wouldn’t be possible without it.

And then in lower divs people with it can go crazy and people in higher divs are completely oblivious to the crap potential since all they see is hartz.

Quoted from Permzilla

picking up weapons is almost non-existent.

I like to track where people with shiny weapons die so I watch that area and when somebody stops to pick it up I headshoot them I’m quite sure the meta is there 100%

Quoted from Falcon0408

In the lower divs the game revolves around your heavy combo. In the higher divs it doesn’t can we please ban heavy from open because its got the skill ceiling of pyro but with 20x the damage output vs players who don’t have the experience or DM to deal with it.

quintosh

wL.

toxic

we look at highlander on all levels. premiership has a main focus since those teams invest more into the metagame and can provide concise criticism for their perspective.

we’re reading all the comments, if you get an impression we’re missing out then please keep an eye on who is replying to who. We’re still open to suggestions, hence the thread.

Goreston

Quoted from Falcon0408

While I understand the argument that some weapons can be exploited in lower divisions to an extent that makes the game unfun, I think we also have to accept that playing the game in a less than optimal way means that you will lose to strats/weapons that wouldn’t work against better teams. Rather than making the game easier for the lower divisions, we should be encouraging players and teams to improve to the extent that these strats/weapons are no longer effective against them. ETF2L is, at heart, a competition, and I think we should be proceeding on the assumption that everyone is striving to reach higher divisions.

If something still turns out to be broken in Prem, or even if it’s only broken in Prem, that’s when admins should consider excluding it from the game.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 18 Next »