Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 18 Next »

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Inb4 product_pro B)

Clark

SDCK!

Gullywash has to be in the map pool – it’s a far better 5cp map for highlander than process/sunshine imo.

I’m fine with everything else including the merc rule.

Use badwater vanilla, lose pro. Wall on 2nd was good change, but 3rd is messy.

Loose canon is fine

Keep 5cp maps to max 2 in pool like always

Gravelpits issue has always been that a single drop on b can be a map loss, making the map too reliant on luck and rng compard to other maps in pool where you’d need more than one mistake/play. The challenge has been to actually find a replacement map good enough. I dont want a 3rd 5cp in hl.

I like lakeside. A lot of people dont apparently. To me koth is the fairest gamemode in hl. If its between warmtick and lake, id pick lake personally. Product is the better map of the 2 though.

The crit a cola ban aka “fu lazyban” broke my heart. Totally justified, but be gentle with hartz and his gimmick wep.

As for grand final bo3’s. At the end of the day a grand final should have the best team win. I think pauses or ddos is the main culprit to boredom id rather have bo3 instead of a gpit bo1 cointoss.

MoistPenguin

TC

Quoted from .zero

You can never create a maplist that satisfies everyone. The best thing you can do is cycle through seasons.

– Remove process, add gullywash.
– Remove warmtic, add ashville.
– Remove badwater, add borneo.

Season 10 you can add these three maps again and remove 3 other maps.

This seems like a very good idea, however I would rather remove sunshine and add gullywash.

As for whitelists the nations cup is quite good. However for me the current UGC one is more fun to play because I hate playing against the loose cannon and sandman but I cant argue that they are really op. The loose cannon I would like to see banned just because of viaduct. Also Unban enforcer, Sydney sleeper and short circuit? But please keep the BFB banned.

Also I think hartz’s idea for koth scoring seems interesting and is worth a go for a season.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Loose Cannon shouldn’t be banned. It’s still a sidegrade and not a direct upgrade to normal pipes.
Sure it’s ridiculously powerful in certain situations or on certain maps but it’s not always better.
It’s actually harder to kill people with it if they don’t run through tight chokes. It does 60 damage per shot unless you hit a doubledonk, which is harder to get than a normal pipe direct since you need to aim and time the cannon correctly so it actually does doubledonk. Sometimes it doesn’t even doubledonk even though you timed it correctly because the cannonballs bounce off people randomly.
This isn’t even considering the fact that I find it harder to aim in general because you need to hold down mouse which is weird and feels really unnatural.
Most people seem to see how powerful it is on viaduct and maybe some defensive holds but try this thing on process for example, it’s almost useless due to how open the map and even the last point is.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Loose cannon is generally not more powerful than the grenade launcher.

1. A direct hit with the LC does 40% less damage than the GL.
2. A cannonball does 40% less damage on explosion than a Pill.
3. A doubledonk does 40% more damage than a normal pill

In my opinion the damage aspect is balanced.

But lets talk about the 2nd abilities of the two weapons.

The LC can push back enemies to make it harder to get in on the point. Now thats annoying for some classes and on some maps it is easier to push them back. examples for this would be cliffside on badwater and defending product from the cp.
But on other maps it isnt as good, i.e. most of upward.

Does this mean the LC is better than the GL? No, because you can do somewhat the same with rollers.
Just spam some pills into the choke and the enemy won’t be able to push through it (unless they are retarded and want to take free damage). This easy trick can delay any push for 5seconds without even fighting/putting yourself in danger. also if you miss your pipes which many players do the pill remain on the floor and do just as much damage as they would on a direct hit. So basically you get a 2nd chance at hitting them.

This concept of fighting is called area denial, something that isn’t new to demoman or tf2.

the last thing I want to mention is LC on viaduct and why it is so good.
LC is stronger than the GL on viaduct because when defending the enemy is walking up the hill. If you push them back at that moment they will be pushed back further than usually since it takes longer until they hit the floor and can resume pushing forward.
At the same time GL is a really shitty weapon for viaduct. If you dont hit your pills when fighting for the point, your rollers willl do almost nothing. This is because they roll down the whole hill and explode where nothing happens.

Conclusion
The Loose Cannon is balanced as it has upsides and downsides just like the Grenade Launcher itself. It may be really strong on viaduct but on the other 8 maps that are played it isn’t. And banning it because of one map seems ridiculous.

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Worst thing about Loose Cannon however is that it does ridiculous knockback on hit, but considering that Pyro in general won’t be banned either you can guess that will Loose Cannon remain allowed or not

ondkaja

IKEA

Loose Cannon is OP on all maps and is a straight upgrade from the nade launcher regardless of what maps you are playing. It’s good on large maps because you can spam choke points from far away and randomly get double donks to completely deny any entrance. It’s good on small maps because it’s really hard to dodge LC on midrange distances due to the fact that you are grouped up and the projectile speed of the LC.

Only reason why it still isn’t the meta is because nobody steps up with the LC and wrecks everyone.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Lakeside might just be THE most played map in highlander mixes, can we bring it back already? Thank you :-)

Toast

WEED
S-O

Quoted from Scissors

Lakeside might just be THE most played map in highlander mixes, can we bring it back already? Thank you :-)

this

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from ondkaja

It’s good on large maps because you can spam choke points from far away and randomly get double donks to completely deny any entrance.

Or you just do it with pills and randomly direct hit players or randomly hit somebody with a roller. Plus you get do 40% more damage as I explained in the other post.(I got the 40% from the wiki page)

It’s good on small maps because it’s really hard to dodge LC on midrange distances due to the fact that you are grouped up and the projectile speed of the LC.

True it is easier to hit at that range with LC(50% faster balls) compared to Pills. But in this scenario you sacrifice again the 40% damage by not using the grenade launcher.

How can you argue that it is a straight upgrade if hit has notable downsides.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from HartzFartz

[…]
Or you just do it with pills and randomly direct hit players or randomly hit somebody with a roller. Plus you get do 40% more damage as I explained in the other post.(I got the 40% from the wiki page)

[…]

True it is easier to hit at that range with LC(50% faster balls) compared to Pills. But in this scenario you sacrifice again the 40% damage by not using the grenade launcher.

How can you argue that it is a straight upgrade if hit has notable downsides.

Of course the damage output will be lower on LC if you don’t hit your double donks. Can we please argue with the premise that people actually know how to play the game?

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Of course the damage output will be lower on LC if you don’t hit your double donks. Can we please argue with the premise that people actually know how to play the game?

ur talking to the guy whose whole gameplay consists of beggars spam

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

Not everyone can hit doubledonks consistantly, so you could argue that someone deserves to do more damage if he masters the weapon (I believe someone brought up the same argument when beggar’s was discussed last season).
I don’t know if you actually play demo in HL, but it doesn’t seem like it. It’s not like you just randomly spam cannon balls everywhere and get magical doubledonks. There is a certain distance where you just have to click and spam but most of the time you have to time your cannon for it to doubledonk.

80x

Just ban beggars.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 18 Next »