Forum

[S9] Highlander Season 9 Feedback

Created 21st September 2015 @ 15:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 18 Next »

Forty-Two

LOOΠΔ

Personally I’d also much prefer gully over sunshine, and ashville instead of warmtic could be fun as well. I quite enjoyed borneo in UGC but it’s tougher to say which map could be cut for it. Gravelpit is fine, but it would be interesting if there would be another gpit/steel-like map to try out. Glad to see lakeside banished from the realm of highlander though!

As for the whitelist, it seems mostly fine to me. I used to think Air Strike was OP but on second thought I don’t really think that is the case, though of course it could just be me being bad with it. Worth considering unbanning though, maybe?

RTC

Quoted from ondkaja

[…]

If I was in the finals I’d really dislike the idea because good practice is hard to come by after the main season ends, since most teams fold/take a pause after their matches are finished. Also the supposed benefit of this idea is trivial.

I agree, to an extent. I’ve obviously never been in a prem final, so I don’t know the experience first hand, but I do know that a lot of teams are reliant on playing mix teams closer to the finals, which is nowhere near as strong practice as a proper team, so I’d agree with that point.

However, I think it was Scissors who said it, and I find myself agreeing with him in that Highlander Prem should be considered more prestigious. And sometimes, a small change such as the one I proposed can have a larger effect than you may think. The Prem final is, hands down, the most important game of the season, and should be treated as such. To provide an example, it would be like a League 2 game of English football happening after the final day of the season in the Premiership; the Premiership is the main draw and to have their games conclude the English Football League for the season adds legitimacy and closure.

Yes, it’s somewhat trivial and there are flaws, but I feel those could be worked around.

Toast

WEED
S-O

Everything that ondkaja and Jääkarhu said, but especially about not having badwater_pro. It doesn’t add anything other than easy solutions for the attackers, that you can’t really deal with when playing on offense, like the spawn placements. Please get rid of gravelpit aswell.

The Enforcer is incredibly gimmicky and bad now, so it doesn’t really need a ban. The only time it is somewhat better than stock is when you are trying to kill a sniper while you are standing right behind him, and for that, the ambassador is always better. The big earner doesn’t need a ban either, it’s just a decent sidegrade.

Don’t really know about Sydney Sleeper, seems so gimmicky and inconsistent that I don’t think anyone good would ever really use it. Keep the airstrike and reserver shooter banned, as they are both broken.

The medigun pickup really needs to be banned and so does the loose cannon, everything else is pretty much fine; perfecto

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

unban all the weapons (except airstrike&darwin shield)

Last edited by HartzFartz,

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Ban beggars.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from Popcorp

Also I don’t understand why we have to play Pro version of Badwater, stock version was fine. :/

This

Quoted from ondkaja

Badwater_pro is worse than the original badwater and doesn’t deserve to be called a pro version, because all the changes he made was to make it less punishing to make mistakes and easier to play the map. The pro version just removes skill from the map, it doesn’t add any new possibilities. The map creator should have fixed the map by creating more possibilities on third for attackers, not making it super close to spawn so that the defenders don’t get rewarded enough for playing aggressively and getting kills on blue players. He hasn’t even fixed splashbugs on stairs ffs.

Medigun pickups should be totally banned because it is a really dire mechanic which also have some serious flaws, for example if you drop your medigun while you are ubered you retain the % of uber you dropped at. In the finals I used kritz and got a demo pick with it, and then got stabbed while the kritzkrieg still had 80% left. even though the spy who killed me did a good job, and I fucked up, I still got a massive advantage out of it in the end because I could just pick it up again.

I would definitely ban loose cannon, because it rewards random spam way too much, especially on maps like Viaduct where you have to group up a lot. It is disgustingly effective and really random, and it’s not even difficult to use at all.

[…]

If I was in the finals I’d really dislike the idea because good practice is hard to come by after the main season ends, since most teams fold/take a pause after their matches are finished. Also the supposed benefit of this idea is trivial.

and this

quintosh

wL.

dont ban loose cannon its the only good defensive weapon after sticky nerfs and not considered a “must use if your opponents uses” since its entirely situational

80x

I think that both Ashville and Borneo should be added to the rotation. Both have been played a fair amount there is a lot of diversity on both maps. Following on from that point, I think we should take a break from badwater, at least for a season. Not keen on gravelpit either.

unu

-Lakeside
+Coalplant/Ashville

pls

Bulow

GG

Don’t use badwater_pro, gpit should never be played again, bring back lakeside. Process is a great map, far better than gullywash. Finals should take place as close to the end of the season as possible, it’s so difficult to keep momentum up otherwise. Ban Beggars.

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from HartzFartz

first and foremost, the latest version of warmtic is warmic_b6 and barnblitz is pro6

I prefer gullywash over sunshine

^

Quoted from 4hp

I remember there was some interest in cp_edifice several seasons ago in UGC as a “gravelpit-style” map, anyone remember what happened to that? Was it just bad? Either way I do like gravelpit despite its flaws, and wish there were more good A/D maps for comp.

Played edifice in RETF2 tournament, it was okay. A bit weird. Gpit is better in their current forms but edifice has promise for sure (though in all honesty it’s a complete ripoff, a gpit_pro would be more interesting).

Quoted from Spreijer

I’d replace sunshine with gullywash, mainly because the map feels weird for highlander play, and it’s a pain for potatoes and toasters to play on less optimized maps with 18 people.

Quoted from Forty-Two

Personally I’d also much prefer gully over sunshine, and ashville instead of warmtic could be fun as well.

Quoted from HartzFartz

unban all the weapons (except airstrike&darwin shield)

Prem playoff should be last match played of S9.

Crow‾

WASP

Ban Beggar’s Bazooka, its not fair that it does whatever+300 damage and has a bugedfaster reload.
I still think loose cannon should be banned as well, overpowered, too spamy and random.

Ashville plz, would be much better than arctic or why not have both maps and not play viaduct this season? viaduct is just too small and a spamfest for demos.

I don’t get why gullywash wasn’t played, its perfect for highlander. process>sunshine

The new badwater is better, the changes makes the games faster. Fixes on second and third points are great and less stalematy.

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Koth_warmtic_b6 and pl_barnblitz_pro6 are newest version of those maps. Don’t think you want to consider outdated maps.

Last edited by Hajdzik,

Pstric

viaduct →pro_viaduct → viaduct_pro → product why?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 18 Next »