Forum

[S9] Highlander Season 9 Feedback

Created 21st September 2015 @ 15:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 18 Next »

Quoted from Doom

[…]

Homewrecker is not nearly as powerful as short circuit. And it doesnt change your role/playstyle that much.

It’s just as powerful as the short circuit but is a trade off for powerjack. And it depends on the pyro but compared to my style in the past it would change up mine significantly if I thought the homewrecker was even worth it.

It’s not as spammable as it used to be when it got banned and if you merely held the button down you’d miss most spam if at the point you started was miss timed.

Thirdly just because a weapon is allowed doesn’t mean it will FORCE you to be in the combo or change your style it just allows for more options. More variety is better.

Finally a pyro wouldn’t waste 200 of their ammo reflecting all the spam incoming at the team that’s just pointless. A pyro which takes care of more duties within a combo than you possibly could with a short circuit still has lots of time to rotate out of the combo and go where needed. I don’t see what situation on any map that it would be worth you being with the combo 24/7 as an engineer lol…

I think it should be tested to see if it’s as broken as it was with the nerf it got a couple months ago.

Doom

Quoted from Tomu

[…]

It’s just as powerful as the short circuit but is a trade off for powerjack. And it depends on the pyro but compared to my style in the past it would change up mine significantly if I thought the homewrecker was even worth it.

It’s not as spammable as it used to be when it got banned and if you merely held the button down you’d miss most spam if at the point you started was miss timed.

Thirdly just because a weapon is allowed doesn’t mean it will FORCE you to be in the combo or change your style it just allows for more options. More variety is better.

Finally a pyro wouldn’t waste 200 of their ammo reflecting all the spam incoming at the team that’s just pointless. A pyro which takes care of more duties within a combo than you possibly could with a short circuit still has lots of time to rotate out of the combo and go where needed. I don’t see what situation on any map that it would be worth you being with the combo 24/7 as an engineer lol…

I think it should be tested to see if it’s as broken as it was with the nerf it got a couple months ago.

Killing projectile ability for a class that would love it vs destroying sapper ability which is useless anyways because once engie is dead sentry will go down no matter what. I would call Short Circuit a lot stronger. And yes, weapon being allowed can force you into using it (example crusader crosbow, degreaser) because its just better. Also, given the opportunity, I dont see why pyro wouldnt use 200 of his ammo to reflect all the spam coming at combo. However, maybe with that nerf to Short Circuit its worth giving it a chance. Just because wrangler is so good.

Last edited by Doom,

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from Doom

[…]

Homewrecker is not nearly as powerful as short circuit. And it doesnt change your role/playstyle that much.

Short circuit doesn’t either, you’re just assuming that your team will force you to do something so based on that the league should not allow an unlock. Quite entitled!

Playing Gravelpit pro in the cup is an absolute waste of time. Firstly, gravelpit pro in its current state is worse than gravelpit stock. It makes pushing generally easier for blu, when the main gripe with gravelpit is that blu get it too easy already by getting one third of the control points for free.

Most teams are only starting to scrim this week or next, and playing the map which arguably requires most cohesion before most teams have that cohesion won’t help playtest the map at all. This is the same reason you don’t see gravelpit doublemixes, pugs and lobbies being played. If gravelpit pro is played you’ll see teams who have a higher potential of going far in the cup losing to teams which lack that potential, but have been playing for the past two weeks. Pointless playing gpit ‘pro’.

Feri

MF

I doubt anyone would force you (Doom) to stay with the combo all the time, assuming your teammates know your DM. That would be even more useless than 100% passive pyro who just spychecks, pyro has to wait for spy to actually do something, you’d have to wait for bombers jumping your med or for kritz being popped. I can imagine new stuff like “they’ve 80% crits, save your metal engie and prepare for sick plays 8)” though
And yes homewrecker is worse than powerjack, I agree here. If pyro stays with the engie to unsap stuff, spy is (probably) gonna go for combo picks, isn’t he? Same when you are staying with your combo, you can’t get fast enough back to your engie (on upward last for example) to remove the sapper. It’s only useful on few points. Too few to consider it being better than PJ

Last edited by Feri,

Feri

MF

oops double posted somehow

Last edited by Feri,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Feri

I doubt anyone would force you (Doom) to stay with the combo all the time, assuming your teammates know your DM.

I would.

Feri

MF

Quoted from Hildreth

[…]

I would.

Don’t allow it then!
#savedoom

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from Goreston

Is this still the case? The Gunmettle update put a .5 second firing cooldown on the short circuit. Airblast is .75, so it’s only a little more spammable than airblast. (figures taken from the wiki, so I can’t vouch for their accuracy)

Well judging from pubs with potato engineers just able to take every single rocket you spam at them from point blank range, it doesn’t seem to be the case. Still seems like a broken weapon that’d make using kritz far less powerful

Steve!

S-O

Chronos, the Short Circuit was recently redesigned and it doesn’t allow for that anymore.

Fuxx

REMOVE

kritz heavy more
laser beams yo

Chronos

BMS

Quoted from Steve!

Chronos, the Short Circuit was recently redesigned and it doesn’t allow for that anymore.

Ok, I take things back about the short circuit. It’ll still be situationally powerful, but so are a lot of weapons. Seems more balanced. Gl potato engineers

4hp

Thing is the short circuit does have a slightly faster fire rate than airblast and is more effective at denying damage. Airblasting stickies, rollers and ESPECIALLY the loose cannon can be risky but with the short circuit you don’t have that, they’re just gone.

Steve!

S-O

So what? Think about the bigger picture: your combo will be weaker if you heal the engie and SC allows for more skill and variety in defensive play by providing an alternative to wrangler.

It seems, 4hp, that the weapon you really want gone is Loose Cannon. Pyro does better what you think SC might do. You can even clear sticks with scorch shot or detonator if youre so keen on the class=weapon line of thought. The fire rate is meaningless because its offset by positioning, and believe it or not reflected projectiles are also a damage tool.

Replace pyro with engie in combo = force pyro on flank = stalemates on flank and spy heaven on combo

Last edited by Steve!,

4hp

I don’t want either of them gone. Loose Cannon is irritating but so is the entire pyro class. And I like the combo engie idea, if short circuit gets allowed I’d probably be the first one to push my engie to use it and let me fool around in the flank.

> You can even clear sticks with scorch shot or detonator

This is great for sticky traps and I use it sometimes but it does not replace the airblast for spam stickies, which is what I was getting at mostly.

> and believe it or not reflected projectiles are also a damage tool

The most reliable ones for this being rockets, and if I have a combo engie I can go bother the soldier in the flank instead of waiting for him to bomb.

> Replace pyro with engie in combo = force pyro on flank = stalemates on flank and spy heaven on combo

That’s a bit overstating pyro’s spycheck abilities no? Spychecker is anyone who turns around. The engie can do it. And the engie is usually trying to cause stalemates in the flank too by stopping the scout from running around and forcing the soldier to shoot the sentry before doing the same. I don’t see what’s so different.

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

The short circuit is about as good as it was when it was allowed in ETF2L last time, was that around season 6?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 18 Next »