koth_product
cp_sunshine
cp_steel

Potentials:
koth_lakeside
pl_borneo
cp_gullywash
???? (need suggestions)

The least liked map in premiership s8 is gravelpit, most liked one is steel.
Premiership was fine with leaving the map format (1 stopwatch or 1+1 koth+5cp) as is.

Merc rules
Any suggestions to the current merc ruleset?

items
The HLNC whitelist was decent
I’d like to see a discussion about enforcer, sidney sleeper, short circuit etc…. Please provide whatever feedback you want!

Medigun pickups will be the same as 6s, disabled.

prizes
yes.

So, let us know what you think. Shitty posts without any constructive feedback will be ignored/removed. Use realtalk or steam for shittalking, I want something decent here

Last edited by kKaltUu,

Bren

Take my opinion with a grain of salt as I’m not the most skilled player nor experienced when it comes to tf2 however, especially at the lower levels of game play (open), sniper dominant maps like lakeside are never really fun to play on.  More so at open level where the skill levels are really disperse and if the opposing team has a solid sniper it can almost mean an instant loss. 

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

process is a mindless stalemate of a map, impossible to actually push or anything, it’s just a map where you wait for your sniper to get 6 picks before you can make something happen on last, especially since it’s also equally impossible to push out from last, the mid point is also really boring, just a sniper/spamfest until either team gets 5 headshots or hits 2 lucky pipes on the enemy combo, i would like to see it swapped out for any 5cp

also if shitty posts are removed, why is the op still here? XDDD

Last edited by Muuki,

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

first and foremost, the latest version of warmtic is warmic_b6 and barnblitz is pro6

I prefer gullywash over sunshine

but more importantly

I’d like to have a rule change on how we distribute points on koth maps.
If a koth map goes down to the last round (round 5/scoreline 3-2) the league points should be shared just like in a 5cp Goldencap scenario. if the koth map ends with 3-1 or 3-0 all points should be awarded to the winner.

If you think about it, the 5th round is basically a goldencap round except the admins dont treat it as such, but whoever wins that round is the winner just like in goldencaps.

RTC

Schedule seems fine, but I’d personally put the Premiership finals after the playoffs for Open/Mid/High to cap the season off on the highest possible note. It also gives the Premiership teams more time to prepare for their matches, which is actually for rather significant prizes.

The map pool seems fine the way it is. As much as I love Lakeside, it’s hard to argue that it’s a better competitive map than Warmtic or Product. Gullywash works well for sixes, but with only 2 ways to push into second, it becomes congested for Highlander. Also, pro4 Barnblitz is ancient, I think there was an updated version of that map in Season 8. I’d personally replace Blitz with Borneo; as I’ve had a lot of fun playing Borneo scrims and matches in UGC, as well as developing strats (Anyone from Bureau remember Jenkins?).

I’d keep Gravel Pit, it’s a map that allows every class to shine, and rewards you for having good gamesense.

STiNGHAN

inVincible

Warmtic <3

unu

As long as no lakeside I’m good. Easily the worst map in the current HL pools.

Popcorp

If something dissatisfies someone on Warmtic, you better add me or leave a comment on Warmtic thread, in Maps forum. I’m up for fixing, updating or adding new stuff on it as long as there is a need for it.

Also I don’t understand why we have to play Pro version of Badwater, stock version was fine. :/

Jaakarhu

Quoted from HartzFartz

I prefer gullywash over sunshine

Quoted from Popcorp

Also I don’t understand why we have to play Pro version of Badwater, stock version was fine. :/

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from Bren

Take my opinion with a grain of salt as I’m not the most skilled player nor experienced when it comes to tf2 however, especially at the lower levels of game play (open), sniper dominant maps like lakeside are never really fun to play on.  More so at open level where the skill levels are really disperse and if the opposing team has a solid sniper it can almost mean an instant loss. 

That is based on how the Sniper was designed, this is a thing in every division. I suppose Valve never assumed people would become as good as they are today. Getting a Sniper pick can be VERY crucial. I think there is no good KOTH map where the Sniper isn’t a big threat (He is a bit easier to pick on Product, but he can also change positions much faster).

I really like the new dynamic in the Pro version, it can be viable to defend second more than only half-heartedly. And there are more ways on how to break third now.

ondkaja

IKEA

Badwater_pro is worse than the original badwater and doesn’t deserve to be called a pro version, because all the changes he made was to make it less punishing to make mistakes and easier to play the map. The pro version just removes skill from the map, it doesn’t add any new possibilities. The map creator should have fixed the map by creating more possibilities on third for attackers, not making it super close to spawn so that the defenders don’t get rewarded enough for playing aggressively and getting kills on blue players. He hasn’t even fixed splashbugs on stairs ffs.

Medigun pickups should be totally banned because it is a really dire mechanic which also have some serious flaws, for example if you drop your medigun while you are ubered you retain the % of uber you dropped at. In the finals I used kritz and got a demo pick with it, and then got stabbed while the kritzkrieg still had 80% left. even though the spy who killed me did a good job, and I fucked up, I still got a massive advantage out of it in the end because I could just pick it up again.

I would definitely ban loose cannon, because it rewards random spam way too much, especially on maps like Viaduct where you have to group up a lot. It is disgustingly effective and really random, and it’s not even difficult to use at all.

Quoted from RTC

Schedule seems fine, but I’d personally put the Premiership finals after the playoffs for Open/Mid/High to cap the season off on the highest possible note. It also gives the Premiership teams more time to prepare for their matches, which is actually for rather significant prizes.

If I was in the finals I’d really dislike the idea because good practice is hard to come by after the main season ends, since most teams fold/take a pause after their matches are finished. Also the supposed benefit of this idea is trivial.

Last edited by ondkaja,

4hp

I remember there was some interest in cp_edifice several seasons ago in UGC as a “gravelpit-style” map, anyone remember what happened to that? Was it just bad? Either way I do like gravelpit despite its flaws, and wish there were more good A/D maps for comp.

My personal map pool would be badwater / upward / process / gully / product / warmtic / steel / gravelpit (or A/D alternative). And yeah, I very heavily dislike barnblitz. Most of the map is extremely tight and inviting of back-and-forth spamfests, and then there’s last point.

If you absolutely need a 3rd payload map I’d consider borneo. It wasn’t super popular in UGC but maybe now that it’s official and everyone knows it well there’s more potential to strategize on it. I feel like when I played borneo before it was just the “weird custom map with the MC Escher-like third point”.

As for unlocks I’d say bring the short circuit back since it’s not much different from what it was before the big buff that got it banned, and back then it was a fun little weapon that engies could use on offence to push the cart through spam, or take aggressive fights with soldiers in the flank. Sydney sleeper seems fine as a counter sniper with a normal rifle will destroy him.

edit – ah yeah and I love ashville and I wouldn’t mind at all if it were added

Last edited by 4hp,

.zero

-chess-

You can never create a maplist that satisfies everyone. The best thing you can do is cycle through seasons.

– Remove process, add gullywash.
– Remove warmtic, add ashville.
– Remove badwater, add borneo.

Season 10 you can add these three maps again and remove 3 other maps.

Lurkki

SCOOPER
MUUMIT

Definitely want to see Borneo. Maybe ashville instead of lakeside?

Spreijer

CONCORDIA

Make playoff games best of 1 stopwatch game per map. It’s a pain to play and watch games that take ages because teams might play up to 3 bo3 maps. The games shouldn’t take longer than 1.5 hrs.

This is mostly my opinion but I’d like to see a lot more new maps in the season and some old maps removed. Cp_keikoku is a better replacement to cp_gravelpit, mainly because it’s dull to simply ignore a point. If you say that it encourages more strategic play, well it doesn’t, map like steel does. If we need to have a gravelpit type map, you may try ediface as well.

I’d replace sunshine with gullywash, mainly because the map feels weird for highlander play, and it’s a pain for potatoes and toasters to play on less optimized maps with 18 people.

I’d replace warmtic with coalplant, when I played it in UGC I haven’t stumbled upon any optimization problems and it’s my favourite koth map and it’s better than ashville. My problem with warmtic is that it’s hard to take ground after losing the point, and for a map bigger than viaduct, you can’t approach the point safely like in coalplant.

The only reason to play badwater pro is that it’s at least a bit different to classic badwater, which is boring by now. I wouldn’t mind badwater being removed completely for borneo.

What I’m pushing for here is that the season would be more interesting, and it’s boring to play the same rotation all over even if it’s decent.

Merc rule is fine.

Last edited by Spreijer,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 18 Next »