Forum

Autorize Decorated Weapons In ETF2L Configs?

Created 24th August 2015 @ 14:22

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Erlite

Hi guys!

As you may know, decorated weapons don’t work on official ETF2L configs. Don’t know why they are banned. For exemple, a decorated medigun is banned. Console says ‘Weapon “Medigun” is not allowed on this server/config’ forgot the last word.

It’s not a big thing but would still love to be able to have decorated weapons in game because I’d like my competitive ubers to be put on my strange stat module xD

Thanks guys!

sorsa

mooz

Sounds like outdated whitelist.

shoras

I bet some whitelists are just not updated yet.

Last edited by shoras,

Popcorp

http://etf2l.org/rules/configs/

// Whitelist generated at Mon, 24 Aug 2015 14:36:52 +0200

Nice timing

EDIT: Servers need to updated with newest whitelists, you can do it manually by typing in console:
rcon tftrue_whitelist_id
4129 – 6s
4006 – Hl
3759 – Bball
3312 – Ultiduo

Last edited by Popcorp,

the whitelist system doesn’t support reskins, some also cause decreased performance for players. until then decorated weapons won’t be added.

If you absolutely can’t play without decals, you can use the whitelist.tf versions:

rcon tftrue_whitelist_id etf2l_9v9

Erlite

Quoted from kKaltUu

the whitelist system doesn’t support reskins, some also cause decreased performance for players. until then decorated weapons won’t be added.

If you absolutely can’t play without decals, you can use the whitelist.tf versions:

rcon tftrue_whitelist_id etf2l_9v9

Thanks! Can play without them :) But would still be a good addition

Selek

Dr. med.

If reskins actually decrease performance for people, I don’t think they should be allowed at all. They don’t add anything to the gameplay anyway. Wasn’t bad performance the reason the Phlogistinator was banned a few seasons ago?

Last edited by Selek,

shoras

Quoted from Selek

If reskins actually decrease performance for people, I don’t think they should be allowed at all. They don’t add anything to the gameplay anyway. Wasn’t bad performance the reason the Phlogistinator was banned a few seasons ago?

If skins are decreasing your own performance, disable them for yourself. No need to ban them for everybody.

ducky

Seeing how this is a competitive TF2 league getting reskin weapon models to work is about as low of a priority for us as it gets.

Blame valves policy of “add stuff to game first, fix shit later (maybe)”.

You’ll have to wait until they patch it, or use a custom non etf2l whitelist/cfg for scrims.

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from shoras

[…]
If skins are decreasing your own performance, disable them for yourself. No need to ban them for everybody.

Can you tell me how? I am greatly enjoying my nohats mod, I didn’t know you could disable the Gunmettle reskins.

sorsa

mooz

Quoted from Selek

[…]

Can you tell me how? I am greatly enjoying my nohats mod, I didn’t know you could disable the Gunmettle reskins.

dx8

Selek

Dr. med.

Oh, I thought there might be a VPK or so. Fair enough, I have enough FPS when it counts and I am no fan of DX8 aesthetically (and somewhat gameplay-wise).

Add A Reply Pages: 1