Forum

New idea for pointing system.

Created 19th May 2015 @ 22:30

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

firej

You’d get more points for crushing bad enemies than for winning against good enemies.
E.g. if you get really bad enemies in the first 2 weeks you’d already have a 2 – 4 point advantage to a team that had to play against better teams …

sorsa

mooz

Quoted from AB

[…]
if the team gets a round lead and manages to keep it for the duration of the game by not letting the other team break their hold of mid/2nd then they are the better team and any reasonable system should award them with full points.

Phnx

Quoted from sorsa

[…]

yeah because it’s possible to push out from logjam second when ubers are equal right?
or push out from sunshine last when there are so many routes to get back capped from.

sorsa

mooz

It’s your fault for giving the enemy team a round advantage then.

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from sorsa

hello get good is not a response to a complaint about map design
Now offering tutoring on how to debate & gradeschool logic, add me.

AB

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
yeah because it’s possible to push out from logjam second when ubers are equal right?
or push out from sunshine last when there are so many routes to get back capped from.

maps are designed so that holding mid is advantageous, which is why winning mid is important.. I don’t see what your point is.

sorsa

mooz

This topic isn’t about map design, it’s about points in the system. You should be fully rewarded for winning the map, regardless of how you won. And if you are losing, it’s your team’s fault for giving the enemy an option to park the bus.

Last edited by sorsa,

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from sorsa

Quoted from sorsa

This topic isn’t about map design, it’s about points in the system. You should be fully rewarded for winning the map, regardless of how you won. And if you are losing, it’s your team’s fault for giving the enemy an option to park the bus.

This isn’t a thread on how to not have the enemy team park the bus against you, its a thread suggesting a new system to discourage parking the bus. What’s listed in bold is completely irrelevant and logically not applicable.

sorsa

mooz

My point just is, that if you lose, you deserve to lose. Why punish the enemy team for using their own playstyle? Some teams go all-in until the match ends, some teams hang around on mid when they are leading by 2 rounds. Don’t punish the team for being passive, punish the other team for not winning.

RTC

Can someone tell me what’s inherently wrong with parking the bus? Isn’t a team supposed to do everything in its power to win within the ETF2L guidelines? It’s hardly akin to a true asshole move like denying equal level mercs or scheming to gain default wins as it’s taking place on the playing field, where team synergy and skill should triumph.

AB

people find it boring, which should never matter.

boring the other team into doing something dumb is also a pretty common and fun strat.

Last edited by AB,

zhs

remove timelimit , first to 5 wins

NeuTronas

Quoted from zhs

remove timelimit , first to 5 wins

Some games would take forever.

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

we should also allow quick fix and just stalemate forever

Is this just for 5cp? I love making the rules more complicated than it is for a single game mode!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »