Backspawning as medic

Created 14th May 2015 @ 15:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from wpminnows

yes

on a related note isn’t badlands the only 5cp map that lets you walk back into a forward spawn

I think you’re right. it’s not uncommon for a team mate to open the door

Clark

SDCK!

No, because back-spawning is a part of the game. It’s just that simple and there should be no other explanations. The following is not a very good comparison, but still: it’s like banning engineer on last defence because a sentry creates less dynamic and isn’t as risky as using two scouts.

Last edited by Clark,

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

I actually always assumed it was banned because i knew it was in America, but to be honest i have been playing medic for five seasons and this upcoming season will be my sixth and i have never ever gotten caught out in forward spawn and had to backspawn on badlands so i don’t even think there is a need to change the rule

ducky

Quoted from Clark

No, because back-spawning is a part of the game.

The argument isn’t about back-spawning, nobody says that backspawning in itself is a bug or a questionable feature.

The problem that OP is trying to adress is that this specific kind of backspawn (changing hats to keep the ubercharge) could be considered a bug since valve didn’t intend it to be done this way.

After all a medic regularely backspawning (by changing to another class then changing back again) would lose the uber.

Collaide

Quoted from molesto

Reasons why/why not would be greatly appreciated, if I simply wanted yes/no i would have created a strawpoll. Thanks!

Did I not give you one?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

How would you even enforce it?

feeling

ist doof

There’s even an allowed console command that defines this game behaviour: tf_respawn_on_loadoutchanges. “When set to 1, you will automatically respawn whenever you change loadouts inside a respawn zone.” So there’s no reason to ban it in my opinion.

R4ndom

Devon

I think this adds another sparkle when playing medic, it isn’t the sparkliest class in the game, but small stuff like that make a medic what he/she is. Knowing what to do in those types of situations and the best way to react to it while still doing your job perfectly, is what makes a good medic, a better medic. No, I do not think this should be banned. Yes, it’s very annyoing to let a medic skip by a nipple hair, but that’s just how this game is.

Last edited by R4ndom,

ducky

Quoted from fraac

How would you even enforce it?

If this was to be declared a bug then admins could watch the STV demo of matches where teams suspect this to have happened, then default the round/s in question if necessary.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from ducky

[…]

The argument isn’t about back-spawning, nobody says that backspawning in itself is a bug or a questionable feature.

The problem that OP is trying to adress is that this specific kind of backspawn (changing hats to keep the ubercharge) could be considered a bug since valve didn’t intend it to be done this way.

After all a medic regularely backspawning (by changing to another class then changing back again) would lose the uber.

The “Valve didn’t intend on it” argument is really dubious for such small things. You can also say that Valve did not intend for cheeky roaming soldiers to be able to sit in certain map spots from which they can drop the medic/backcap, but such map tricks aren’t banned. Edgebugging is also allowed as far as I know and that’s an actual abuse of the in-game engine malfunctioning.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

You wouldnt be able to enforce it fraac, only punish it. Same as things like using 2 pyros currently.

Also no.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Arguably you could stop people from running two pyros by enforcing a class limit.

(which I think is retarded, but thats another story)

Last edited by ash,

ducky

Quoted from Fuxx

The “Valve didn’t intend on it” argument is really dubious for such small things. You can also say that Valve did not intend for cheeky roaming soldiers to be able to sit in certain map spots from which they can drop the medic/backcap, but such map tricks aren’t banned. Edgebugging is also allowed as far as I know and that’s an actual abuse of the in-game engine malfunctioning.

You informations are wrong. Bugs of any sort are not alllowed.

We even have a rule for that:

6.1 Bug-Using is not allowed

Any kind of “Bug-Using” is not allowed. Player using bugs will be punished. If you are unsure about the legality of any sneaky spot on a map, please contact an admin to clarify the situation and prevent complaints from your opponent.

I’m confused as to what makes you think that exploiting the game is ok, just because it rarely (or never) happens doesn’t mean that it’s not forbidden.

sorsa

mooz

So technically edebugging is illegal?

spammyh

brew

If edge bugging would be illegal then RIP everyone who used solly spot under the skybox at earlier version of granary.
Also no, let’s not change something that’s bothering noone and been out there for quite some time.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »