Forum

feedback S8 Highlander: Raising an issue

Created 25th April 2015 @ 01:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Fuxx

REMOVE

Scissors, b33p, same thing.

Now I’ll concede that this could simply be a one time thing and next season might be better, however I will say that some sort of effort should be made to prevent a repeat of this. Whatever the choice made don’t really matter much to me.

Last edited by Fuxx,

Spreijer

CONCORDIA

Quoted from Clark

[…]

If prem table was reduced to six teams we could have five more topics before season 9 about “how awful it is that such a good High team “asfgyuagf” and such an awesome team “yuyopuypu” can’t play in prem because of scissors’ crazy ideas of total elitism”.

TOTAL ELITISM

Toast

WEED
S-O

Mega and BD didn’t want to play prem becasue they didn’t feel ready for it. But I’m pretty confident both of us will play prem next season, that is if we don’t fold. Wonder what the leaders of unpopp and emone were thinking when they signed up.

Presuming that next season none of the actual prem teams fold, it would be cool to see something like this as the next table:

Chessclub
Highpander
Premtech
Fair Enough
Stacked
WASP
Biggus
MEGA

Last edited by Toast,

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

I don’t think it’s really any problem on highest level, but according to my information admins check logs from scrims before seeding, it is really hard to do it perfect all the time. But can be done better because in my opinion admins failed with seedings this season, but the biggest issue was moving teams to higher division without contacting team leaders if they feel their teams can compete on higher level. Leaders could give them evidence(results from scrims and then decide) but instead they just did divisions with moving teams higher than they wanted and waited for complains from them. IMO it should be done before division were made.

Also I think playing premiership after promotiong from High Tier is more noble than just applying it with new team. With new teams it’s hard to predict if they gonna promote. If we will have 2 teams which are week, they gonna drop next season, and team who earned it will play. That’s not really an issue. I was thinking about scenario where jumping divisions wouldn’t be a thing, but admins think being better team amongst other is unfair(according to their logic sometimes).

Last edited by Hajdzik,

stephen

Quoted from quell

Loveclop plays in a prem team.

No he doesn’t /thread

Burn

I sincerely don’t see the problem. If 7 out of 8 div1 teams fold, OF COURSE there are going to be spaces to fill. 6-team prem would only do harm for highlander imo. Why would you keep whining about decisions that you would have had the chance to “improve” but did not have the passion or backbone to even try and instead took the safe way? I personally was rooting for going prem, not because of what the community would think, but as a chance to get better at the game.

Edit: the system is made to balance divs and to give everyone the spot they deserve. This will kick in before next season, don’t worry.

Last edited by Burn,

To be fair in previous seasons we’ve had a big distinction between low and high prem. That’s the name of the game.
Whether it’s
http://etf2l.org/etf2l/archives/236/1/ – Legolas
http://etf2l.org/etf2l/archives/184/1/ -27
http://etf2l.org/etf2l/archives/252/1/ -ET
http://etf2l.org/etf2l/archives/295/1/ -Voodoooh
it doesn’t matter. There will always be teams in highlander or 6s that end up doing bad in premiership.

At the start of the season most if not all S7 div 1 teams just folded. The reboots weren’t super either. I had to make a choice, shift up the top teams from high or make prem smaller.

So I asked around if the top premiership teams were up for it. Biggus Dickus, BDSM and a few other teams I asked were adamant on not playing prem.

On the other hand, I had 4 teams that did sign up for premiership, and actually wanted to play. Making a qualifier of those driven teams sounds a lot more interesting than taking games away from prem or seeding teams that don’t want to play.

In the end, it doesn’t hurt prem and gives those teams experience. Please don’t give them any hate for trying, unlike the other teams in high asked they are actually brave to undertake this huge risk.

Last edited by kKaltUu,

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quell, on the one hand you say we should have moved teams to Prem against their will, on the other hand you complain about other teams being moved up to high instead of mid… That doesn’t really add up.

I am sure, that moving a team from mid to high might be hard for them, but that team has still more chances to have even games that the team that’s forced to play in Prem. so I would rather have people there that actually want to be prem…

Division seeding is utterly difficult and I apologize for inconveniences. Especially newly formed teams with players coming from different skill levels are hard to seed. All in all though I think it went okay, we moved gE, Veni vedi Vici and TC Express up to high and they are doing just fine.

Everything is gonna be good boys. Also: what kkaltuu said!!

Last edited by DCS,

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Oh, and I can’t believe you made a thread because loveclop is prem. how are we supposed to prevent this, teams can add any player they want

Kick Stinson, problem solved

:)

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

What’s the problem? Someone always has to come last.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from T0m

Because people forget that this is a competition and when they lose its the systems fault,not the lack of practice :^)

Burn

Quoted from Tseini

[…]

Because people forget that this is a competition and when they lose its the systems fault,not the lack of practice :^)

The funny part is the ones blaming the system are everyone except the teams that are losing :^)

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Quoted from T0m

This, they wanted to play prem won playoffs, moving someone higher against their will is not really good option those good teams hopefully will play prem next season.

Last edited by Hajdzik,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Fuxx

Scissors, b33p, same thing.

I am honoured

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »