Forum

feedback S8 Highlander: Raising an issue

Created 25th April 2015 @ 01:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

quell

UbeR |

I have an issue i would like to bring to light.

http://etf2l.org/teams/19773/

This team is in premier division. I am not here to dispute team placemtn (although there is plenty of dispute to be had regarding team placement but we all know ETF2L admins do not listen to criticism.), but let’s get to the point.

Loveclop plays in a prem team. Aside from all the rightful criticism regarding etf2l admins, this has to be the most doubful (personality-wise) decision ever made. Just when you tought b33p was the best of the worst to grace our type of team fortress; you open up the doors to this.

I guess this is more of a request (to fix the future) than it is feedback (I cannot judge your position of decisionmaking because I wasn’t there.)

Cheers! Keep on rolling, love HL.

Last edited by quell,

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from quell

http://etf2l.org/teams/19773/

This team is in premier division

This team is in Prem because:

http://etf2l.org/teams/23348/
http://etf2l.org/teams/23518/

These two teams didn’t feel like applying for Prem.

What can we do?
What can the admins do?

Last edited by Fuxx,

quell

UbeR |

That just testifies to the bullshit that is the though-process of whoever makes these divisions. It is not up to what you request (we requested mid and got high) but about what the division needs (according to the admins). If you employ lords of emoji and unpoppable instead of the teams you linked well, I question your judgement.

I haven’t played the team with the furry image yet but the team with Elysium alone should be in prem (or banned, lol!). That guy alone can carry any other 8 shitters to prem.

RTC

They beat a team in a similar position to qualify for Premiership. I know it had come to a point where they were going to ask He-Man or Mad? to compete in the playoffs, despite He-Man applying for High after beating Mad? in the Experimental Cup, but they managed to get 4 teams together for playoffs. Were they the best 4 teams in an ideal situation? No, but they were the best 4 teams that both wished to go premiership that weren’t already in Premiership. What didn’t help is the only Div 1 team that didn’t fold got automatic promotion into Premiership by winning Div 1.

As for the Loveclop issue, he’s roster riding, and I can provide plenty of examples of this happening in Prem in the past. Who the hell cares?

Minor correction, it’s a weeaboo image, not a furry image. :P

Last edited by RTC,

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from RTC

They beat a team in a similar position to qualify for Premiership. I know it had come to a point where they were going to ask He-Man or Mad? to compete in the playoffs, despite He-Man applying for High after beating Mad? in the Experimental Cup, but they managed to get 4 teams together for playoffs. Were they the best 4 teams in an ideal situation? No, but they were the best 4 teams that both wished to go premiership that weren’t already in Premiership.

As for the Loveclop issue, he’s roster riding, and I can provide plenty of examples of this happening in Prem in the past. Who the hell cares?

you type a lot of words (112 words, 599 characters) but they are not relevant to the discussion. it doesn’t matter what people apply for, the problem is the teams that got put into the playoffs are not the teams that, when you look at the current divs, should have been put in the playoffs.

it’s not about what you ask for. maybe in the diffeence between open and mid, but in the difference between high and prem it should be up to the admins discretion. (that said, although id love to put my trust into the admins discretion, we al know that is bound to be as big of a fail as a broken condom)

edit: Loveclop is a sample goat to ignite this discussion.

Last edited by quell,

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from RTC

They beat a team in a similar position to qualify for Premiership. I know it had come to a point where they were going to ask He-Man or Mad? to compete in the playoffs, despite He-Man applying for High after beating Mad? in the Experimental Cup, but they managed to get 4 teams together for playoffs. Were they the best 4 teams in an ideal situation? No, but they were the best 4 teams that both wished to go premiership that weren’t already in Premiership.

IceClique’s demise was unfortunate and their Prem playoff was somewhat justified given that they used to be a team that did compete in Prem (Sookie Doing Work).

I wont lie and say my team is near Prem level just because we somehow played in the Prem playoffs. (Look at our current table position lol) I’m also certain that if we won and went into Prem ourselves then this thread could also be about us.

The reason we were there was because our leader applied for it and got what he wanted, even though the decision was questionable.

Honestly it all boils down to whether or not we want to treat Prem HL as an actual serious thing (which imo we should since it offers money and hardware prizes). If no then let things remain the way they are.

If on the other hand we do decide to treat HL Prem as something that’s actually serious then it should be expected of every team in the division to be capable of putting up a show worthy of being called “Prem”, something that will make viewers sit on the edge of their seats watching the match with anticipation on who shall come out victorious. To assure that, admins must be a whole lot more selective with Prem (and bump actual prem teams into prem rather than letting them sandbag in a div that’s 90% div2/3). At the moment I don’t see any reason to watch Prem games other than to laugh at people being crushed by superior ubermensch teams.

Or they could, as B33p once suggested, reduce the Premiership table to 6 teams instead of 8. Given Highlander’s current state and how less popular it is than 6v6 (not to mention the huge difference between the amount of people who can play the gamemode and people who don’t), this is starting to seem more logical.

It’s not like Unpoppable (who I have nothing against) for example weren’t already pretty much a meme because they got into Prem.

Last edited by Fuxx,

Asaaj

Loveclop is in prem because stephen thought it was a nice thing to do.

Stephen is in prem because he won against Graba’s team.

I do agree though the way the playoffs were handled this time around (NOTE: I have no clue if they’ve ever been handled differently) was a bit shit. I would’ve liked it if they were handled like the season 20 prem qualifiers, that was way more exciting to watch.

Sadly though apart from the obvious two teams (BD and Megakillerz) and maybe a few teams here and there, the skillgap in high is a bit large. I am even surprised my team is as high as we are on the table right now, but we can definetly not compete with prem teams, except the last two.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quell what are you waffling on about?

RTC

Of the 8 teams in Div 1 last season, 7 folded, with the only team left standing being Wasp, who were guaranteed qualification for Premiership as they won Div 1 last season.

Voodooh and Kill Switch folded, and Heppa made the decision to go High, resulting in 3 vacant positions, one filled by Wasp. This meant that the positions were open to teams that performed well in the pre-season Experimental Cup and those with Div 2 experience prior. Emone won Div 2 last season, Unpoppable finished 3rd, a fun team filled with players from its Team reached the second round of the Experimental Cup Prem bracket (the team it defeated being Mega) and IceClique were formerly #SDW. All those teams made the decision to apply for Prem, whereas Mega, Biggus Dickus, He-Man or Mad? didn’t.

Liberties were taken when necessary (over-qualified teams applying for mid, or under-qualified teams applying for high), but in terms of Premiership, I think it went fairly. It’s not like those teams are stealing spots from more deserving teams (keyword is stealing before you tell me that BD or Mega are better teams, which they are.)

I’d also like to point out that people were taking the piss out of Wasp before the season; a team who took points from Highpander in Week 3.

Last edited by RTC,

RTC

Just another note, if a team was forced against its will to participate in the Prem playoffs, all that would happen is that they would throw the match so they could compete in High. How would that remotely be entertaining or fair? Why not *gasp* have two teams that actually want the Prem spot contest against one another for it?

Last edited by RTC,

Menty

myx
Nein

lol highlander

Jaakarhu

Quoted from Asaaj

Loveclop is in prem because stephen thought it was a nice thing to do.

I am even surprised my team is as high as we are on the table right now, but we can definetly not compete with prem teams, except the last two.

ez game, ez life

Last edited by Jaakarhu,

4hp

Is any of this an issue? In the end lods of emone and upp earned their spots in prem by applying to prem and winning their playoff matches. The fact they are losing now is irrelevant. The fact some possibly better teams decided not to apply to prem is also irrelevant.

Last edited by 4hp,

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Fuxx

Or they could, as B33p once suggested, reduce the Premiership table to 6 teams instead of 8. Given Highlander’s current state and how less popular it is than 6v6 (not to mention the huge difference between the amount of people who can play the gamemode and people who don’t), this is starting to seem more logical.

It was Scissors’ proposal.

And no, it’s not logical at all. Reducing the prem tables to six slots is basically like saying: “Oh well, I guess we only have 6 top-skilled and somewhat evenly matched teams in Europe”.

We have more. But they decided not to play prem. Fair enough, it’s their decision.

Both emone and upp will be swapped for the winners of High next season and everything will be back to normal. If prem table was reduced to six teams we could have five more topics before season 9 about “how awful it is that such a good High team “asfgyuagf” and such an awesome team “yuyopuypu” can’t play in prem because of scissors’ crazy ideas of total elitism”.

I bet admins thought it through, big kudos to them for that.

tl;dr: It’s better to have one relatively mediocre season than make a bad decision and suffer the consequences in at least a few more.

Munky

AEUGH

I wouldn’t place the blame on the admins as they just did what was logical. I don’t entirely blame new teams taking the safe route of getting a season under their belts before competing for prem either.

Still prem and high would have been a lot more competitive if Biggus Dickus and Lods of Emone had switched places. And teams are moved up to high and mid for the benefit of the league overall.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »