fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Does seem harsh.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from Hajdzik

The problem is that new rule was kind of suprising and I don’t believe people understood it well. Banning people for example is bad habbit. I realise that the violation being made, but you can just use common sense let those teams play it to the end of season. And make this rule more clear. And more straight. Also when doing rule changes such big, you should announce it in news topic. But I still don’t really believe that punishing people for improving even through roster changing is good for etf2l.

What new rule are you talking about? The hijack rule is in place for ages. And once it was introduced I’m fairly sure it was featured in a newspost. The players are also not banned.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

As co-leader of a team I feel obligated to protect my palyers from invading jihadis hijacking our promised premiership spot. If I fail my duties, I pray to you, based etf2l admin ke-kal-tu-yu, banish the evil doers into the realm beyond competition.

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from CHERRY

We need upfrags, I don’t know what position should I take without them.

Agreed. For every +frag you get the font size of your post should get bigger too.

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Quoted from Sonny Black

[…]
What new rule are you talking about? The hijack rule is in place for ages. And once it was introduced I’m fairly sure it was featured in a newspost. The players are also not banned.

So it’s first time it being used. It was never used before, I know players are not banned. Can you just see I am trying to get to the agreement. I really sorry if you felt offended Sonny but I really aim to do good here. So can we discuss peacefully.

Here is what I found:
http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-9429/page-1/
http://etf2l.org/forum/feedback/topic-21788/page-4/

It’s being a rule for long time, but it’s being enforced first time in highlander, how many time people asked you about changing they roster dramtically? I know one example and Morphine just told me about it. And I can’t remember any other situations when teams being dropped. My team few seasons ago counted towards that rule. And It was like 90% of team.

“It is not allowed to let another team or a new lineup take over the place of a team that is registered in etf2l seasons or cups. Teams can be qualified as ‘new’ if less then 25% of the lineup at the start of the season or cup are still active and participating. The ETF2L admin team will look at teams breaking this rule and holds the right to remove them from the league. Any decisions made will be at the full discretion of the admin team and all circumstances will be taken into account. If your team is facing extreme lineup changes please contact an admin.”

Old rule, so it still is 25% of teams are still in those teams you disqualified. Please answer to my questions in last two posts. Obviously on one point hijack rule was changed, but when? I didn’t notice, also you obviously change your policy towards punishing such.

One more thing what drastically changing roster meens? Does changin 1-2 people every week because of some bad luck, people leaving roster, or changing 50% of team in 1 week? The changes in those time happen of time, it wasn’t their goal to admit to just change half of the team and still they remove only about 3-4 people from roster from 12 people roster it’s changing 25-33 percent of roster.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from Hajdzik

So it’s first time it being used. It was never used before, I know players are not banned. Can you just see I am trying to get to the agreement. I really sorry if you felt offended Sonny but I really aim to do good here. So can we discuss peacefully.

It was used before in 6s for sure and I am also fairly sure it was used in highlander already.

The rule is in place since February 8th 2010 btw.

RTC

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/61446582.jpg

Atzebumm

(ETF2L Donator)
Dr. med.

Hijacking rule was used before in Highlander. Example: UAPlayer last season.

byte

Quoted from Sonny Black

[…]
Just shows to me how little you know from the get go already. Changing 50%+ of a roster is changing a roster a little? We are looking at replacing teams once they are playing an official with more than half their active roster consisting of new players. A new player being a player who joined after the start of the season.

[…]
Makes sense, because our goal as admins is obviously to kick as many teams out as we can.

[…]
People requesting admins in almost all cases are very happy with the answers or the support they received, what are you even basing your argumentation on? The only few times when players are not happy, is when a decision is made against them. Sometimes they understand after you explain it for them, sometimes they still think they are being treated unfairly or whatever, thats the only case when players might not be satisfied really. And that happens fairly rarely.
I talked to you over an hour yesterday already, something I dont have to do, especially if you dont cannot or dont want to understand the reasons behind the decision that was seemingly made against your team. But I still explained it to you and disapproved your argumentation over and over again. But you just kept playing the same record like a broken record player, so at some point I will end the chat, when I feel that my time and effort are wasted and can be spend in a better way.

[…]
How do you even know that?

[…]
As stated above, we are looking into possible hijack cases once you play an official with 50%+ new players, which is more than 4 or in other words 5, as ash said in a different thread. He never said 4, he said more than 4.

[…]
Because we cannot possibly babysit and monitor every team. The rules are openly available for everyone for a reason. Teams want to change their roster, they come to us in advance. How would we even know if a team plans to change their roster? Once they changed their roster and played the official with 50%+ new players its too late already.

Generally this rule exists and is enforced to ensure that a team playing against a certain team at the start of the season, has the same chances for the sake of fairness compared to another team playing the same team at the end of the season. If a team replaces over half of their active players mid season, it can be unfair to the teams they played earlier in the season (if they are replacing better players with worse) or unfair to the teams they are playing later in the season (if they are replacing worse players with better ones).
As the rule also states, the whole situation can be avoided by contacting an admin and informing him that you will need to replace players or get new players in and by presenting these players. The admins will then evaluate if the request is reasonable, which happens fairly quickly and you can continue from there if everything’s fine. Teams not even bothering to contact an admin, let alone read the rules, shouldnt really except any leeway from the admins. Since every team is treated the same, based on the same rules.

[…]
Have fun with that. :)

<3 u Sonny miss you buddy :(

Cheers

Byte

ducky

F.6 – Do not bring up conflicts (e.g. team arguments, or disagreements with the admins) on the forum. Such threads will be deleted.

I’ve removed the posts that were mentioning individual cases (again) rather than deleting the whole thread because I’d like to see what happens when the “petition” reaches a substantial amount of more yes than no votes.

Surely this will make admins ignore all policies and logic to undrop teams that’ve violated the hijack/roster change rule.

antso the helper

So you ignored all my questions which was about general issues + how it could be exploited. As i was merely giving examples to backing it up. Since you didn´t answer any questions, this seems very fishy.

Last edited by antso the helper,

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Ducky the quote was from this thread, not private conversations with Sonny, I added his removed post on my steam group linked in first post. Cheers

ducky

Quoted from antso the helper

So you ignored all my questions which was about general issues + how it could be exploited. As i was merely giving examples to backing it up. Since you didn´t answer any questions, this seems very fishy.

If you want your questions answered use the correct platform.
We provide individual support through http://etf2l.org/help/support/ , not the forums.

EDIT:
If you decide to ignore my warning and bring it up again I’ll have to ban you from the forums.

F.5 – Do not go against a forum moderator’s warning or decision, for example by re-posting deleted content, re-creating locked threads, or ignoring a warning issued in the thread.

Last edited by ducky,

Aoshi

(Legend)
:think:
GRAHAM

Quoted from

Yes that’s is true and apparently it was used in the past, but does someone remember being in enforced in highlander, also like I wrote the older version was different than current one.

It got enforced last season.

Quoted from

So let’s have look at rule itself what is very few of the lineup are still active and participating?

The rule is being enforced by judging if the players who started when seasons begun. But it also checks if players actually play, but it’s really hard to judge because players added to roster can be as well just subs, and just bad luck and it ends having 5 non regular players and 4 which started the season.

If you need to add in 5 or more players to your team it just goes to show that your team is badly prepared for the season. If it is due to bad luck and players dropping we ask you to contact us so we can take it into consideration. Asking teams after they broke the criteria seems unreasonable because they could come up with whatever reason they want.

Quoted from

Also I want to bring that really what extrem lineup changes mean, because from my pespective dropping one player and getting one instead once a week, or even twice is hardly extreme for highlander. Players dropping left and right, quiting, getting bored.

If you would add in a new player or 2 every week you would have a whole new team by the end of the season. Because with some fancy math this would mean between 7-14 new players. This would be eligible for the hijacking rules criteria.

Quoted from

The rule itself force people now to do math and by removing those teams it will cause just panic with some leaders. I really think the rule should be just removed for rest of season

The rule has been here for a long time and has been enforced in the past. No reason to remove it mid-season now because some teams got dropped due to it.

Quoted from

and rules should be different for highlander and for 6v6 and be straigh forward with numbers or percentage.

We have league specific rules. You said that you “spend a lot of time in rule section”, I would expect you to have found the different league specific rules by now. Being number specific would not help seeing these get decided on a case by case scenario. This would include teams having a lot of new players + perma mercs and other stuff like skill level.

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

i’ll simplify this
1. read the rules before signing your team up for the season
2. follow the rules
3. enjoy your season

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 Next »