Forum

Petition to bring back removed teams from competition

Created 19th April 2015 @ 21:10

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Wow so actually getting worse or getting better should be banned? Why can’t we just play the game by the rules and let people lead their teams how they want?

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

or you just read the rules and contact an admin when you have to change your roster so drastically :>

it could be so easy….

LOGIC DOESN’T EXIST IN THIS LEAGUE

Popcorp

Quoted from Hajdzik

Wow so actually getting worse or getting better should be banned? Why can’t we just play the game by the rules and let people lead their teams how they want?

So by your logic, an Open team would be able to get like 4 or more prem players into their team and take an easy win, because that’s how they want to lead their own team

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from 4hp

You should contact the teams suspect of hijacking and give them an opportunity to explain their situation. Dropping first and asking questions later is not a fair policy.

That’s not how any system with rules works.
And repeating myself, we cannot babysit and monitor every existing team. And once we are aware a team has changed the majority of their roster, it is already too late.

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

Quoted from Hajdzik

Why can’t we just play the game by the rules

We are playing the games by the rules its the people who’s teams got dropped that aren’t

CHERRY

Generally this rule exists and is enforced to ensure that a team playing against a certain team at the start of the season, has the same chances for the sake of fairness compared to another team playing the same team at the end of the season. If a team replaces over half of their active players mid season, it can be unfair to the teams they played earlier in the season (if they are replacing better players with worse) or unfair to the teams they are playing later in the season (if they are replacing worse players with better ones).

This is some flawed logic. I don’t understand how you’re saying it’s unfair to the teams that they won against before in case the newcomers are worse. Players are not being replaced without a reason, there are many factors like schedule issues, holidays etc. I’d rather have them playing than dropping.

Team performance may depend on many factors too and there is really no way to ensure it’s consistent at all times. Would one of the players breaking his pelvis so he sits in an uncomfortable position or just getting a lot of stress count as being unfair to the teams they’ve won to?
Or is Highpander getting one of the lower opponents on Gravelpit which is their worst map where they could play PremTech on it instead?
There’s no way to make everyone happy..

Last edited by CHERRY,

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

I am like 90% sure that noone reading this rule would suspect that changin your roster as a leader would think about getting disqualified because of changing roster, people sometimes wants to stop playing, or people inside the teams can arque. Why ETF2L admins force team leaders to lead the team like they wish? That makes no sense.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Admins should ask every team every week if they plan any roster changes to advise if that is still a legal change. If you don’t do that, you are just lazy!

Munky

AEUGH

Quoted from Sonny Black

Who says we are treating 6v6 teams differently? If a team replaces 50% or 50%+ they will be dropped. Often enough teams contact us in advance to avoid these situations though. More often than highlander teams apparently.
Where exactly do teams decide their own divisions in 6v6 btw?

How many teams were moved around in 6v6 compared to Highlander? In fact before the season started an admin mentioned how few teams weren’t given the division they wanted as a point of pride. Because this new swiss system allows that to happen and was one of the benefits of switching systems. And I can’t remember 6v6 teams treated like this unless it was something far more clear cut.

So to me these are poor self destructive decisions which will only damage the league. It is like the old nickname rule in prem being over enforced. Yes it is within the rules but it still feels pretty fucked up.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Hajdzik

I am like 90% sure that noone reading this rule would suspect that changin your roster as a leader would think about getting disqualified because of changing roster

The rule literally says:

We will look at teams breaking this rule and holds the right to remove them from the league.

Dandere

Quoted from 4hp

You should contact the teams suspect of hijacking and give them an opportunity to explain their situation. Dropping first and asking questions later is not a fair policy.

^ This

If the purpose of this rule is to stop team hijacking, then why don’t admins let the teams stay in after they have spoken to team leaders (if they have bothered to speak to them before dropping them) and established that the team has not been hijacked and have just been suffering from roster issues, as is very common in Highlander? Hijacking is a sudden even where many members of the team are replaced over a short period of time after some sort of falling out, not something that happens over the course of several weeks, as it has for the teams the admins have dropped.

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

What next? Asking admin if I can leave a team? Or stop playing? Or you will force the teams not to accept enemy mercs? Sorry I didn’t asked, can I join Feila? I heard they are making roster changes, also in HL Kappa we picked 3 new players and dropped 3, please remove. This is just ridicoulus and you really can’t see that? It’s like watching other people what they’re doing in bed. Sandbagging is bad, but you can just really improve rules so people who switch players on same level of skill didn’t get banned from competition.

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from Dandere

[…]If the purpose of this rule is to stop team hijacking, then why don’t admins let the teams stay in after they have spoken to team leaders (if they have bothered to speak to them before dropping them) and established that the team has not been hijacked and have just been suffering from roster issues, as is very common in Highlander? Hijacking is a sudden even where many members of the team are replaced over a short period of time after some sort of falling out, not something that happens over the course of several weeks, as it has for the teams the admins have dropped.

That doesnt change the fact that the teams’ rosters may differ significantly from the start of the season which will make removing the teams a viable option, to ensure the following teams that were supposed to play the team will have the same better or worse chances as the teams before.

Quoted from Hajdzik

What next? Asking admin if I can leave a team? Or stop playing? Or you will force the teams not to accept enemy mercs? Sorry I didn’t asked, can I join Feila? I heard they are making roster changes, also in HL Kappa we picked 3 new players and dropped 3, please remove. This is just ridicoulus and you really can’t see that? It’s like watching other people what they’re doing in bed. Sandbagging is bad, but you can just really improve rules so people who switch players on same level of skill didn’t get banned from competition.

None of these rules exist, so I am not sure what point you are trying to prove by making those up.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Quoted from Hajdzik

I will make a football team and bring some player from Primera Division in lowest class, if someone can convince better players to play with his team, why punish, also two open teams are hardly in the middle of the table.

This is a bad example to defend your case and does quite the opposite actually. I don’t know how it is elsewhere but in the German Bundesliga (and also amateur leagues of the DFB) you have transfer periods and are only allowed to join another club during that time (2x per season, 2 months each; exceptions for inactive players). So even in tradtional sports you can not just replace the majority of your team midseason.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 8 Next »