Forum

Option to add preferred time slot within avaliable time range

Created 11th March 2015 @ 21:19

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Higs

$$

So far I’ve been pretty satisfied with the scheduling for the new season, but I would like to offer one change.

A team X might be able to play from 20 CET to 22 CET. However, they might prefer to play at 21 CET, so that they can have a warm up game. Currently, there is no way to indicate a preferred time within the available time slot. Teams either have to risk getting an even worse date after changing their availability to 21 CET, or they have to negotiate with the other team leader to try and change the time.

It would be nice if I could say something like:
Available time range: 20 CET – 22 CET Preferred start time: 21 CET.

Thanks.

ducky

Or you could just submit the time window in a way where your earliest available time is 21 cet, so that you can play a warmup match?

If you don’t want to play before 21 then why submit your availability from 20-22…

EDIT: Besides, we already have such a feature:

http://etf2l.org/help/swiss-system-faq/

Q: How can I submit my teams availability correctly?

A: The first dropdown is to select the day your team can play. The ‘Preferred Time‘ option should be the ideal time your team would like to play at in CET/CEST. The ‘Time Window‘ option should be the range of times your team can play at.

For example, if my team can play Sunday, Monday, Thursday, the ideal time would be 21:15 and we can play between 20:00 and 21:15. I should select Sunday, Monday and Thursday all with 21:15 as the Preferred Time and 20:00 – 21:15 as the Time Window

Last edited by ducky,

Higs

$$

My reasoning is that if we submit the availability as from 21 CET, we may end up with a date we cannot play on at all. Having an option for earliest possible and another for preferred time would mean we are more likely to get a better default date.

R4ndom

Devon

Instead of just putting actual real available times you can play, just put the time you want to play.

What is up with the drama today about how things are organised. I can see a pattern now.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Higs

My reasoning is that if we submit the availability as from 21 CET, we may end up with a date we cannot play on at all. Having an option for earliest possible and another for preferred time would mean we are more likely to get a better default date.

This is already how it works.

Add A Reply Pages: 1