Forum

ETF2L Highlander Season 8 Feedback Thread

Created 8th March 2015 @ 19:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

The Loch n load is not a straight Upgrade. While we are Aware it is powerful and it certainly Could have Been banned we decided against it. You still have 1 Pipe Less and your spamabilitY/ area Denial is not as effective since your dont have These pesky rollers.

I kinda agree with hildreth. The pomson will never be allowed, but instead of crying about 1 weapon use this time and try to figure out how to play around that. Pyros can still airblast, the projectiles are not faster then the dh’s…

RTC

You do realise that the Pomson’s bolts can’t be deflected, right?

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from RTC

You do realise that the Pomson’s bolts can’t be deflected, right?

Neither does it penetrate anymore and the projectile is slow as fuck.

don’t ban the beggars

keep loch n load unbanned for a season, see how many demos actually use it

when you consider anymore unlocks just follow three steps
1)is it broken?
2)is it overpowered?
3)is it a straight upgrade?

the loch n load isn’t broken nor a straight upgrade, overpowered however it might be, let’s give it a season to see whats up

the beggars is none of the above, keep it

maps are quite fine, ashville/coalplant is a great replacement for warmtic but warmtic can be just as good, give it a season and you’ll see if it’s good or not and judge for next season, so far looks like the map pool got really solid from last season, well done

sunshine is going into rc6 soon, check the WIP on the tftv thread, give feedback and make it better, don’t complain unless you can make suggestions

is there any progress on viaduct_pro6 yet? it’s been 2 months from the latest version and there is still work to do on it, Fubar/bubblebobbler please

btw, can anyone explain the hate towards gravelpit?
if the demand gets overwhelming, consider cp_edifice perhaps

Last edited by JackyLegs,

Raelyn

:Blinky:

I dunno. I just think that the speed of LnL pills reduces skill ceiling for Demo. It becomes less about prediction and more about reaction. The speed that the pills come out, paired with the extra base damage of them, will just result in quicker damage output that good teams will capitalize on immediately. Not to mention that the demo will just flat out be better in 1v1 scenarios because LnL does less self damage, more overall damage and has less chance to miss due to the projectile speed. It is also arguable that your area denial increases, because nobody will want to approach a LnL Demo as they know they’re going to get blasted for 123 damage unless they get far away.

I just think the attitude of “allow it and get on with it” is a poor attitude to have when a majority of players aren’t going to find it fun. Hildreth hits it right on the head really. “Unbanning the Short Circuit and Pompson will sound shit to most.” Shouldn’t this count for anything? Projectile classes will be forced to play in ways not natural to their class, and this will apparently be fine because “it’s a new challenge”.

Essentially you boil it down to running the best weapons at all times, and that’s supposed to be fine because “we’ll learn to deal with it?”. What originally made a class fun will now be frowned upon, and this will apparently have to be accepted just for the sake of get good. You have to draw a line somewhere. It’s not a Moba or CS:GO where we can put our faith in the developer that they will sort it out to how they want it, and in the meantime we’ll blindly follow their judgement.

This would be all well and fine if TF2 weapons were initially made with the competitive scene in mind, but it’s evident they aren’t. And it’s clear that the community acknowledges this due to having a whitelist in the first place. Allowing every weapon actually restricts players choices, and that does not make for a fun competitive format.

—-

My views above aren’t entirely directed towards LnL/BB. More-so Short Circuit/Pompson/Anything blatantly OP

Last edited by Raelyn,

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

For me it’s all (though in this case, some) or nothing. Until there’s a pick/ban system, I think we should allow all weapons and learn to adapt and play against them.

It’s not like the enemy has unlocks and you’re only allowed vanilla.

Popcorp

Make a Mix div2+
Custom whitelist (add X, remove Y)
(Alternatively Pick and Ban system)
Play
Leave feedback

Is it that hard? Someone just make a Mix, unban few Unlocks, everyone must use them (class dependent ofc) and that’s pretty much it, free feedback…

Last edited by Popcorp,

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Popcorp

Is it that hard? Someone just make a Mix, unban few Unlocks, everyone must use them

okay go ahead then

Popcorp

Nvm I am making it in advance

Last edited by Popcorp,

Raelyn

:Blinky:

Quoted from b33p

For me it’s all (though in this case, some) or nothing. Until there’s a pick/ban system, I think we should allow all weapons and learn to adapt and play against them.

It’s not like the enemy has unlocks and you’re only allowed vanilla.

Sorry, but I just don’t think that would be enjoyable. Like I said, people would simply run the best items against eachother, and we’d be introduced with a stale format where you’d be punished for running anything different. By introducing everything, you actually limit everyone’s choices. You turn the game into everyone doing one specific thing with zero variety. Scouts will never change off BFB, Medics will never not use Vita-saw, Snipers will always be Darwins-ing against eachother, Engies will be punished if they don’t use Short circuit.

I think it’s inane to think that allowing everything is a good solution. You lower the enjoyment and variety of the game by allowing these things just for the sake of “get on with it”. I enjoy Highlander more, but 6s just has whitelists down perfectly. Why can’t Highlander?

Quoted from Popcorp

Make a Mix div2+
Custom whitelist (add X, remove Y)
(Alternatively Pick and Ban system)
Play
Leave feedback

Is it that hard? Someone just make a Mix, unban few Unlocks, everyone must use them (class dependent ofc) and that’s pretty much it, free feedback…

Not opposed to this in the slightest, though imo a pick/ban system would probably take too long.

Goreston

Quoted from DCS

The Loch n load is not a straight Upgrade. While we are Aware it is powerful and it certainly Could have Been banned we decided against it. You still have 1 Pipe Less and your spamabilitY/ area Denial is not as effective since your dont have These pesky rollers.

Even if we accept this as true, it still makes the decisions made regarding currently banned weapons look arbitrary.

I hate to keep arguing in favour of the Reserve Shooter. It’s an awful weapon that punishes people for jumping in a game where half the skill in playing half the classes is finding ways to move through the air. Nevertheless, the idea that it has more impact on the game than the Loch ‘n’ Load or the Beggar’s Bazooka is ridiculous. If we could see the reasoning behind the bans that have been enforced, it might shed some light on the ones that haven’t.

The biggest issues we ran into with the pick ban system (me and viche used to host them for a few weeks) were:
-Time, nobody wants to wait 20 minutes to start, HL already takes too long
-uploading it, whitelist / tftrue kind of fixed this
-a lot of weapons aren’t used or impactful, demo doesn’t care about bans, wrangler completely changes engineer

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from Goreston

[…]

Even if we accept this as true, it still makes the decisions made regarding currently banned weapons look arbitrary.

Indeed, there is no reason for beggar’s and LnL to be allowed, and RS and SC to be banned. I lean more towards allow everything, but they all fall into the same category of being controversial. Perhaps it’s not just a coincidence that these weapons which negatively impact demo and soldier are banned, as well as their equally ‘abusable’ weapons being allowed. Conclusion is that demos and soldiers are being taken care of far too much by the whitelist system. Why should everyone have to learn to deal with their shit, and they shouldn’t have to learn to deal with our shit?

Last edited by b33p,

Currently banned weapons will be unlocked in further seasons, given the weapons functions as described (no major bugs)

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

I genuinely don’t know, are Short Circuit and Reserve Shooter bugged at the minute? If so, I understand why they’re banned but if not it’s just giving demos and soldiers an easy ride.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »