Forum

ETF2L Highlander Season 8 Feedback Thread

Created 8th March 2015 @ 19:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 15 Next »

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Have to agree with Munky, beggars needs to be banned.

Also is everyone blown away by how awesome the new tier system is? Or am I the only one that preferred the old system?

Maplist seems okay.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Munky

Quoted from Hildreth

I think if you find an unlock too powerful and want to ban it, you’re just being lazy and copping out learning how to counter and improving your game.

If the admins want our players to be lazy, go ban unlocks.

By that logic why not unban all the weapons? Why not unban pomson? Bazooka isn’t overpowered it is just a clusterfuck and situationally OP. Loch-n-load pretty much one hits light classes and moves too fast to dodge for most classes. 

Both weapons have been banned by UGC so I wouldn’t say my views are that out of line tbh. 

Admins could unban Pomson if they wanted to, it’d fuck up the uber meta game but it’d mean we all learn a new meta game. That’s all. Then we’d be thniking about “oh shit how do we counter the Engi sucking our uber away?” and thus, new gameplay is born.

Good or bad? I don’t know, most will be against it but we’d either have to adjust or get left behind. You can change the meta very easily, only reason the admins keep these weapons banned is people don’t want to see it in their version of comp TF2. I can live without these weapons in the game, but I also see it is as a cop out by players.

Admit it, you’re copping out. Bring on the Beggars and Hartz jumping on my Medic, we ain’t scared.

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

These two points completely contradict each other lol

3) Listen to feedback please

4) Thank you for ignoring everyone who gave feedback and wanted gravelpit out (which iirc was the majority of that thread)

But seriously Gravelpit is amazing please never remove it

What? How exactly do they contradict? I just expressed gratitude for keeping the map that I like, I didn’t ignore anything or anyone.

And as for Lakeside, the majority of those who gave feedback said it should be at least considered to be brought back.

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

These two points completely contradict each other lol

3) Listen to feedback please

4) Thank you for ignoring everyone who gave feedback and wanted gravelpit out (which iirc was the majority of that thread)

But seriously Gravelpit is amazing please never remove it

No problem, you know what to do https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=17446873&token=3JoXu04h

In all seriousness, I read all comments that are feedback. Just make sure you try to build your arguments. If you do, it has a higher chance we change our minds on that subject.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

We’ve seen some really amazing gullywash matches in the past, same can’t really be said for process, although I love both maps.

It’s a huge mistake to take gully out imo

inso

itsallgood

http://youtu.be/HS5ZkPXkto0?t=2m20s

mfw no lakeside

Last edited by inso,

Quoted from Clark

Thank you for keeping gravelpit.

no sunshine plz, it’s a shit map :(

BAITO

( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡9

Is there any light so far for possible goods as prizes, or possibly a bigger prize pot, or are we gonna stick with the 1000e system? Would be good to get something different there to fight for.

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from Muuki

how do you know they dont listen to the feedback or consider it???????? feed back doesnt mean that u say something and they have to implement it

We did consider it.

We talked about every single map in the pool. We even talked about every unlock. Even about the weapons that are banned for multiple seasons on a row now.
So don’t worry about us not reconsidering. I think the map pool has a good mixture of newer and older maps. Gully might or might not be better than sunshine but we felt it was time for something new and gully was benched for a season. It is hard to find good 5cp maps for HL to begin with. Also I played sunshine in ugc an we had a really back and forth match, ending 4-3. Cant say it’s more stalematey than any other 5cp map.

this is evil evil

Link for barnblitz pro6 anyone?

san alex

Quoted from Scissors

We’ve seen some really amazing gullywash matches in the past, same can’t really be said for process, although I love both maps.

Not true! Do you still remember that Chessclub vs Navegadores on process? epic match :D

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Nice maps, though I think Ashville > Warmtic.

Can the premiership table and other tables please all be on the same page? Maybe this is somehow a coding issue but it’s a bit silly the one season’s tables being split across two pages. Surely it should be a place for people to take a glance at the season and see how everyone’s doing and not just premiership teams or lower teams.

I doubt this will happen but it would be more consistent if premiership used the swiss system too. Every team will play every team regardless of the system used, but you had an advantage over teams who use the swiss system if you know your opponents on certain maps in advance.

Example:

Week 6: [V Good team 1] vs [Garbage team somehow in prem] koth_viaduct_pro5 + cp_sunshine_rc5

Week 7: [V Good team 1] vs [V Good team 2] cp_steel

[V Good team 2] is at a disadvantage. A map like steel or gravelpit is arguably more strategic that other maps. [V Good team 1] can start map talking, strategizing and scrimming cp_steel a lot earlier because they know 6 weeks in advance their basic team play and DM can win them viaduct and sunshine without much of a gamble.

Your mind is more at ease when you know the fixtures for the entire season, it allows you to plan better than those who have to use a different system. You could argue that one won’t impact the other which is true. But why give premiership teams an advantage? Swiss system is more interesting to spectate anyway as there is interesting news every week. Just a thought.

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Premiership teams have an advantage not using the Swiss system? Advantage over whom?

skyro

#SaveMelee

Quoted from DCS

Premiership teams have an advantage not using the Swiss system? Advantage over whom?

He’s talking about premier teams possibly garnering an advantage over other premiership teams due to the order of which a fixture is generated. If the 2 best teams in premier face off, but only 1 team has to worry about strategizing for 2 weeks in a row, and the other team has 2 weeks to strategize for only 1 team, the advantage is obvious.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 15 Next »