Forum

ETF2L Highlander Season 8 Feedback Thread

Created 8th March 2015 @ 19:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 15 Next »

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

i have said before in this very thread that the wording needs changing but that doesn’t change the fact that the rule is there for everyone to see, because i have read the rules when i had this situation before (several players on my team couldn’t commit so i’d have to change 3 out 6 players on my sixes team) i contacted the admins and they told me i’d be running a risk but i should be fine since i had told them about it. are you telling me that not one of these players could have looked at that rule and thought
“oh well this will be our 5th new player on a team of nine thats quite a lot i’ll check with an admin”?
because i don’t think thats the case at all they could have easily read that rule and thought to check just because they didn’t doesn’t mean they should be given some free pass. it shouldn’t be “oh you broke the rules cos you didn’t read them properly or just couldn’t be bothered checking something? well don’t worry we’ll let you off” because if thats the case why bother having any rules at all?

Last edited by birdy,

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

[…]

It says contact admins if your team is going through major lineup changes. I think its a bit ridiculous, you’re basically saying that people don’t realise that changing half the roster counts as a major change.
I don’t think this is the kind of rule that should be clear cut. The way I see it it’s just don’t take the piss, and contact admins if you’re toeing the line. If you cut it clear people will just toe the line and replace the most they can.

In the end problems could all be solved by communication, but people would rather ask to have a system implemented for them, as opposed to 3-4 people taking the time to !admin because they don’t know if half the roster is major or not, or, far more likely, just didn’t care

Admin discretion’d

this exactly

Toast

WEED
S-O

I agree with munky and asaaj. But now that the rule will actually be worded properly, that problem should go away. A warning of sort should be given anyhow, instead of an instaban from the League; perhaps something like Asaaj mentioned, or maybe let teams give a chance to explain themselves before you drop them. I still don’t think the rule is entirely feasible, as there will be times where you maybe could need new players, as a result of real life stuff (exams, new job, whatever). Leaders actually readiing the rules, which now shouldn’t be vague as fuck, would also help :^)

Also, ban the loch-n-load next season 8)

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

in an attempt to move this thread away from “i didn’t read the rules and am now upset because my team dropped” could we look at the default merc rule for next season and maybe use the system they use in Australia which is a default merc is allowed in all games but you can’t use the same player multiple times. it seems a bit stupid to me when you see teams using the same default merc 3 or 4 games in a row and also isn’t really good for the competitive side of the league in my opinion

Munky

AEUGH

Quoted from MEGAMIDDIE

Admin discretion’d

http://etf2l.org/teams/23729/ This team got banned. In their last fixture they had 5 players who played their first game and a sub who has been on the team since the start of the season. They had three players who joined mid season. And they got banned for it. That is wrong.

Admin discretion is needed and I understand that. But when it is misused like it has been here there will be people outraged by it.

Last edited by Munky,

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

the start of the league is from the point that you are put in your div so everyone with joined 4 weeks ago has joined since the start of the season so they have 7 people who have joined the roster

prof

Quoted from Morphine

We cannot monitor every player change for each team in the season

I’m probably going to get a smacked bottom from one of the big boys for this but… isn’t that exactly what the HL admins have been doing?

Munky

AEUGH

Quoted from birdy

the start of the league is from the point that you are put in your div so everyone with joined 4 weeks ago has joined since the start of the season so they have 7 people who have joined the roster

Firstly teams should know better than to change half their roster. Now teams should know that players being added a day or two late will cause them to break an unpublished limit on new players even if they have kept the majority of the roster from their first game and not broken the unpublished limits in spirit? Okay glad we straightened that out.

I swear I must be going crazy because that seems beyond screwed up to me. I will leave this thread in peace now before I get it locked.

ducky

Quoted from prof

[…]

I’m probably going to get a smacked bottom from one of the big boys for this but… isn’t that exactly what the HL admins have been doing?

Not really, only the teams that’ve undergone extreme lineup changes (in HL that’s 4+ new players in a single official) have action taken against them.

Besides, whether we’re capable of investigating every team or not is rather irrelevant, it’s not our job.
We are not required to babysit every single team, they are instructed to come to us.

I couldn’t have said it better than mould: http://etf2l.org/forum/feedback/topic-31224/page-10/#post-532660

Quoted from Munky

[…]

Firstly teams should know better than to change half their roster. Now teams should know that players being added a day or two late will cause them to break an unpublished limit on new players even if they have kept the majority of the roster from their first game and not broken the unpublished limits in spirit? Okay glad we straightened that out.

Let’s put it like this:
In a world where every single team is mentally handicapped and unable to make use of common sense your arguments might be relevant to this discussion.

I realize that this is HL and as such my ridiculous assumption might hit closer to home than most would expect, but I’ll give those 9v9ers the benefit of the doubt and say that not everyone is retarded.

It says contact admins if your team is going through major lineup changes. I think its a bit ridiculous, you’re basically saying that people don’t realise that changing half the roster counts as a major change.

^^^^^ Can’t stress this enough.

Quoted from Munky

I will leave this thread in peace now before I get it locked.

If it wasn’t for kkaltuu the posts related to the lineup switch/hijack rule would’ve long been gone, seeing how they’re not you can assume that this thread isn’t going to get locked…yet.

birdy

(ETF2L Donator)
GoodE

Quoted from Munky

I will leave this thread in peace now before I get it locked.

probably for the best since you aren’t coming out of this looking good

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Hey, obviously previous thread was closed and closing post sound very insulting for people who believe the rule itself is being missused, I managed to get through with closing message from me but it got removed, I don’t think language like that from an admin is really appriopiate but I’ll leave it to you. Also it’s hardly considered closed topic when people feel to discuss it more and also I think they don’t want to answer to new questions and arguments. I am being treated like I repeat myself, but I have multiple questions. And admins are frustrated with questioning them and arguing a lot(but I keep it in good manner, despite a lot of sacrasm or even insluting from them) and I am just contacted now by trial admins and not the people I contacted before with case.
http://etf2l.org/forum/feedback/topic-31436/page-8/#post-532563

I’ve got banned for bringing up individual cases like Munkyman did here right now, so it’s really dangerous to put those bans into discussion. My statement which I managed to sneak to closed topic:
http://pastebin.com/Nn3JquuX

Now to address some issues or things being posted in this topic in last day as it’s about this season more I really think time to discuss this exact rule will be discussed more and only rule itself before next season so hopefully we can start a topic only about this rule.

Let’s look at the rule itself:

3.5 Switching line-ups or hijacking teams is not allowed

A team may not be replaced in a competition by a new team or lineup without admin permission. Teams can be qualified as ‘new’ if none or very few of the lineup at the start of the season or cup are still active and participating. We will look at teams breaking this rule and holds the right to remove them from the league. Any decisions made will be at the full discretion of the admin team and all circumstances will be taken into account. If your team is facing extreme lineup changes please contact an admin.

According to this rule teams “Teams can be qualified as ‘new’ if none or very few of the lineup at the start of the season or cup are still active and participating.” So it’s really unclear how many is not very few? I wont bring up individual cases but, the bans as we now were issued after judging one game(using 5 new added members according to this rule is forbidden, but really when those teams didn’t kick half of their members and saying that you’re only contributing to the team only by participating which in admin eyes mean play officials. Also it doesn’t say in the rule that admins are forced to remove teams when rule is violated. If you can form the rules to say: “We will remove or ban if you to that or that, but we can do it also if you do thing not mentioned in the rules. Also the rule misses some point about adding 4 prem players to an open team and it’s being brought in by multiple admins.

Also I’ve heard complains by some admin that deafult merc rule is to complicated and when I say that admins could just make rule simpler by making it as in my statement on pastebin. Admin said(admin discretion can’t say the name) that it would give them a lot more admin requests! And how is that different if the rule itself says that teams need to contact admin if they are doing extreme lineup changes. Which weren’t extreme in at least 3 from 4 cases. But this is my last statement I will use same argument like admins doing over and over, nothing they will say to that will be different, they explained the rule multiple times, but it’s bad habbit to make rules that open to interpretation and this is most important in this case. I know what was their point of view, I just don’t believe it’s enough to remove teams from competition.

Hope we will have time to really think this rule through before next season starts. Adress it before 6v6 season to sixes players, explain it to them if you wont change the rule. Also what I am encouraging teams to do is just be careful with your roster changes until season end, to avoid any more teams being removed by this stupid rule.

Last edited by Hajdzik,

10/10 admin work

#goadmins

Spycy

TC.Express

Quoted from Morphine

Warn a team for violation that has already occurred?

We cannot monitor every player change for each team in the season in order to warn them of the risk of breaking hijack rule.

The rule is here to prevent hijacking, but a team isn’t hijacked if they have a ton of subs only once, right?

I didnt mean to go and talk to them, but just to give a major warning if its the first time they break the rule, and drop them if it happens again.

Teams would be allowed to use lots of mercs for an exeptional occasion and the warning would make sure they plan their others games more carefully.

Hajdzik

SUAVY
ㄕサ

Also for something that was posted in this thread, I would be happy to send application for an admin, but you know someone who shares conversation with admins shouldn’t be one. That path is closed for me. Also it is really sad how players don’t have anyone in the opposition in the admin teams. Admin team really lacks in people with different aproaches and it really looks like you have only one voice.

Sorry for little offtopic but I think it’s not that much offrail.

Last edited by Hajdzik,

Jaakarhu

Quoted from Permzilla

lol hl players

Please come back to us Premzilla. The league needs you (((

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 15 Next »