Forum

Highlander Season 8 Maplist Discussion

Created 28th February 2015 @ 05:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

4hp

oh yeah I remember smokeyridge, that map has some serious potential. so good for pyro :3

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

If there is one Thing i can assure You, there will be No smokeyridge and No wooodbridge in season 8. though we ofc Keep Track of These in the Future. But for now, we dont want another Reservoir-esque Drama? Do we?

But Keep guessing, its enjoyable to read. Some of You are very close to the Truth….

(:

Toast

WEED
S-O

Quoted from b33p

Week 1: pl_upward
Week 2: koth_viaduct_pro5 + cp_sunshine_rc5
Week 3: pl_barnblitz_pro5
Week 4: cp_gravelpit
Week 5: pl_badwater
Week 6: koth_ashville_rc1 + cp_process_final
Week 7: cp_steel

Yeah, putting in sunshine with this would be great. Personally I would also like to see lakeside return, but in some sort of pro version where the “major” problems are tweaked slightly. Doubt thats going to happen though.

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from b33p

Week 2: koth_viaduct_pro5 + cp_process_final
Week 6: ashville/coal + cp_gullywash_final1

That mappool with a map ban system used in playoffs,would be nice season to watch

MS

0fo
0FO

Am I the only one here that likes ctf maps?

Please do not add keikoku xoxoxox

Last edited by MS,

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Quoted from MS

Am I the only one here that likes ctf maps?

I actually kinda like turbine. Is there any other ctf map that can be considered?

Last time we had a lot of negative feedback on it because of QF (and the obvious flaws you get when playing converge).

Is capping / picking up the intel when QF is popped too broken?

Which CTF maps can we consider for a cup?

MS

0fo
0FO

Quoted from kKaltUu

Which CTF maps can we consider for a cup?

People might hate me for this but I loved playing turbine and haunt when they were in UGC.

Last edited by pntn,

Quoted from MS

[…]

People might hate me for this but I loved playing turbine and haunt when they were in UGC.

Haunt? Really?

That map is the most bullshit map I have ever played. I remember when it was in UGC, my team figured out beforehand that if we can get a lead you can win the game by just running the clock out and literally beat any attempt at the enemy team stopping you.

Literally, score your lead, take their intel, don’t cap the intel, defend it at the left hand side spawn with your entire team. Sit around for 20 minutes taking the piss. We managed to beat a significantly better team than us doing that shit lmao. At the end of the day we even managed to have fun, whilst winning and proving how broken a map it is.

Popcorp

Quoted from Tomu

[…]

Haunt? Really?

That map is the most bullshit map I have ever played. I remember when it was in UGC, my team figured out beforehand that if we can get a lead you can win the game by just running the clock out and literally beat any attempt at the enemy team stopping you.

Literally, score your lead, take their intel, don’t cap the intel, defend it at the left hand side spawn with your entire team. Sit around for 20 minutes taking the piss. We managed to beat a significantly better team than us doing that shit lmao. At the end of the day we even managed to have fun, whilst winning and proving how broken a map it is.

That’s a very gay strat, it’s the same thing as winning 1 round on Process and just parking the bus on 2nd for the rest of the match.

I still got STV of my team’s match on that map :^)

Last edited by Popcorp,

same thing happened in the nations cup when we ran converge, people tried to hog the intel for a long time before capping it.

small example here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OtJIxsC6BQ

Problem with CTF is that there isn’t a lot of incentive to cap the intel when you finally have the upper hand.

But back to the original matter, b33p got really close to what next season’s map list looks like.

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

Quoted from MS

[…]

Also guilty of this, probably because in silver my team’s solly was one of the only ones at the time who could reliably do this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAnl5_hWQMQ = easy win!

Zimmer

Quoted from b33p

Week 2: koth_viaduct_pro5 + [cp_croissant_final or cp_sunshine_rc5]
Week 6: koth_ashville_rc1 + cp_process_final

That’s a good looking map pool.

+1

4hp

I think we’re getting to a consensus here, but are people really that keen on playing barnblitz? It’s horrible. That last point simply cannot be saved no matter how much work you put into it. I don’t care if it’s pro5, pro6 or pro20. The map is broken beyond repair.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »