Forum

Highlander Season 8 Maplist Discussion

Created 28th February 2015 @ 05:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

Tuffy

pd!

Quoted from Spreijer

Keep reservoir.

I stopped developping the map a while ago. The map is broken and nobody wants to see it in another season.

RTC

Quoted from Spreijer

My suggestion would be to replace viaduct with warmtic/coalplant, badwater/gravelpit for keikoku (if it improves). Keep reservoir. Sunshine doesn’t feel that good for highlander. Try intermodal instead of 5cp maps we have at the moment if we need a new 5cp map.

I don’t despise Reservoir like a lot of people, but over Viaduct?

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from BAITO

I wish ppl would learn to do strats and focus on team play a bit. It’s just ridiculous to see map old as gpit and ppl whining about it cuz it’s not stratmap enough. Especially the prem ppl. But ye keep yelling about the map instead of doing something about ur own strats and team. Meanwhile, I’ll give free buds for the team which beats premtech once in gpit.

Do I get free buds for beating you in S6? :^)

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from Permzilla

gravelpit is the most teamwork orientated map there is in my opinion, it’s one of the least clusterfucky and most tactical too.

+1

Gravelpit is one of the best maps. Also if one of the current 5cp maps need to go, then it should be gullywash. Process is way better than gully. Koth_viaduct could easily be replaced by koth_warmtic.

Last edited by Toba,

sorsa

mooz

Replace reservoir with warmtic and gullywash with sunshine.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Just bring back lakeside and get rid of gpit and reservoir tbh

neon

:think:

fix lakeside sightlines and it’ll be an okay map
remove barnblitz
ashville is ok map
gravelpit is good

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

replace process with sunshine

RTC

Quoted from sorsa

Replace reservoir with warmtic and gullywash with sunshine.

Pretty much in agreement.

Forty-Two

LOOΠΔ

I love playing gullywash on highlander to be honest, though I’ll admit it can be really stalematey. However, I’d say process is much worse in that regard. Imo sunshine would basically have the same dynamic as process anyway, so I’d rather see it replace process than gullywash, if it’s going to replace anything.

Warmtic as new koth map instead of reservoir would be great!

DyaWyb

(ETF2L Donator)
Let it rip

Gravelpit and steel needs to stay. I prefer more of team coordinated maps than just pure DM based maps which are most KOTH/5cp maps.

I would remove reservoir and if cp_keikoruwhatever gets some work done to it I would get that in the season. Something fresh something new. I enjoyed playing it in the one night cup !

Also personally would remove process and replace it with sunshine. For me Gully and sunshine seems more fitting to HL but that could be just because my teams have never been good on process :D and neither have I .

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from BAITO

I wish ppl would learn to do strats and focus on team play a bit. It’s just ridiculous to see map old as gpit and ppl whining about it cuz it’s not stratmap enough. Especially the prem ppl. But ye keep yelling about the map instead of doing something about ur own strats and team. Meanwhile, I’ll give free buds for the team which beats premtech once in gpit.

Challenge accepted.

Just need to play the same strategy but execute better. Not hard.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Why does process keep getting connected to the word “stalematey”?
It’s probably one of the maps with the lowest scores, but I’ve had quite a lot of games that went 1-0 but the game was back and forth the entire time, which is not the definition of stalematey at all. Low score doesn’t mean the map is stalematey.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from MARS^

It’s probably one of the maps with the lowest scores, but I’ve had quite a lot of games that went 1-0 but the game was back and forth the entire time, which is not the definition of stalematey at all. Low score doesn’t mean the map is stalematey.

If you go back and forth for 10 minutes or more without scoring a cap even when the opposing teams aren’t really toe to toe against one another then it’s not exciting in the least for people playing nor for people watching. It’s arena deathmatch that later turns into a hair-pulling war of attrition before you can actually get a proper cap.

Tight games should exist for teams that are just about equal in skill, which is what usually makes games like that intense. The whole point is lost in process, it’d be a whole lot more exciting to play a koth version of it.

Last edited by Fuxx,

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from MARS^

I’ve always seen it like that the last point in Process is a lot more open with sentries being a lot more effective and harder to push in than Gullywash last, making the defending team able to kite back from last point a lot more easily. Maybe it’s not stalematey, but it’s very painfully slow if anything.

Something else that I don’t like about Process which is better in Gullywash is the long distance to move to push from one place to another on any point, and that you’re not as easily able to put any pressure to the last point as an attacking enemy since there’s no way to get on to the point without being seen.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »