Forum

Loose Cannon is pretty op. Maybe we should ban it?

Created 15th February 2015 @ 21:29

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

Quoted from Pistolvania

Well, we should remove snipers

.zero

-chess-

Quoted from Klefsas

Omg, you, people, really think that I created this topic just cos I was killed once with lucky shot? What is your problem? I just gave u an example how stupid spam with this weapon can win u a game (I know how hard for u to use brains and imagine some situations so i tried to give u some examples of it). But no, let the trollz and wrong findings come in. Ok, whatever.
Thank you for reminding me about that most people do not tend to think.
And yes, I agreed that this weapon is not very strong on SOME cp_ maps but it is abnormally strong in koth_ and pl_ maps. It deals terrible damage and required no skill at all for using it. Plus, the knock back ability of this weapon makes pyro pick before uber push meaningless, cos demoman can easily ruin all uber push by himself. That`s why I think that it should be banned, not because I died from it…
P.S. Sorry for my English.

The best choice of the primary weapon is very situational. And in most situations the grenade launcher is just a better option. You can’t spam over objects with the loose cannon, which is already a huge disadvantage imo. The cannon ball also explodes earlier than the pipes, so you can’t reach targets that are further away. The knockback is very strong as you said. But you can achieve the same thing with stickytraps. I barely use the loose cannon cause in general you can just deal more damage with the grenade launcher.

PS: sorry for my english.

Last edited by .zero,

olBaa

Quoted from .zero

cause in general you can just deal more damage with the grenade launcher.

cbihok did almost the same dagame as Joe last match playing with the shield & loose cannon.

I still do believe it’s viable sidegrade though, hitting scouts & soldiers is way too hard with this

AB

shitty netcode means hitscan reg is off and is luck. ban scout pls!!!

Tseini

Damn!
0FO

Quoted from olBaa

[…]

cbihok did almost the same dagame as Joe last match playing with the shield & loose cannon.

I still do believe it’s viable sidegrade though, hitting scouts & soldiers is way too hard with this

Isnt it just good to have some variety? like you said he made same dmg so its not direct update to pipes+stickies nor OP. And if he would be using stickies he doesnt have much protetctions against bombers like skyro stated

Collaide

Quoted from Popcorp

Just force HL to have 3 Soldiers, 3 Scouts, 2 Demos and 1 Medic, thx

Would actually be fun to see 12v12 with double class limits. I wonder if this has been done.

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from Klefsas

Don’t waste your time for this topic.

That’s up to me to decide, mate. You created this topic, you should have been prepared for a reasonable dose of criticism.

olBaa

Quoted from Tseini

[…]

Isnt it just good to have some variety? like you said he made same dmg so its not direct update to pipes+stickies nor OP. And if he would be using stickies he doesnt have much protetctions against bombers like skyro stated

The point is the weapon does require very little skill to be very decent, as I understand. I mean, Joe is considered to be the good demo, cbihok admits he’s bad at pipes. This was the first day he tried this combo, yiedling the same damage as Joe did.

4hp

Quoted from Pistolvania

[…]

Well, we should remove snipers

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

I got backstabbed by a spy once, can we ban that as well?

repu

the loose cannon is very situational and incredibly skill reliant. the sniper rifle isn’t really balanced either, if you’re just going to look at the stats (at least 150 damage with every shot, can kill every class with one shot). the sniper rifle, just like the loose cannon, is very skill reliant.

what i am trying to say is that any class, with any weapon, could be “pretty op” in the right hands.

you don’t see people complaining when you for example are using kritzkrieg and suddenly triple a players damage output, it is situational.

Bona

PMW

Please can someone ban rocket jumping? I am sick and tired of these soldiers jumping my medic, and if they jump high enough it’s just pure “luck” to hit an airshot, do you just want to play a game based on luck????

Crow‾

WASP

i agree with my teammate on this one. the loose cannon (and the direct hit when I’m at it) shouldn’t be in the game in the first place. why? because it kills 125 hp classes whit only 1! projectil.

and dont start the shit like “the sniper kills you with one 150hp headshot DURRHURR i’m so smart and funny!” you the hell know that to do so you need to hit a TINY space called viewmodelheadarea and you actually need so called skill for it right? right. the sniper (and spy) are weak support classes that are meant to kill ppl with “one hit”, if they dont, THEY DIE to preaty much everything in the game.

well lets look at the demo with the loose cannon (and shield) – not only you can kill and spam for 141 damage in one direction easily! but with a shield you have 20-50% resistance to fire and explosive damage. So? you have a +175hp (~260hp for pyros because of the sofair 50% fire resistance and pyro the only class thats actually uses it to kill someone thus making pyro even more useless, not like being the weakest class it the game isn’t already enough, but dont let me start on that).
SO! Not only the ability to do massive damage (that valve is so masterfully nerfing) you cant kill him as well. and you call that fair? oh realyy?

and just look at the damage of direct hit https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Direct_Hit
looks fair right? your medic is in the air? well f* him. and yes, i agree that you actually need to aim and be good with this weapon. but no! it shouldn’t do the 140 damage pointblank. the stock rocket launcher does 112 damage for a reason! no other classes then the spy and sniper should be able to “oneshot”. IMHO!!

the things we can do to “balance” if valve don’t want to reduce the damage is the allow the pretty boys pocket pistol for one and the reserve shooter for two! (i don’t get why was the reserve shooter banned in the first place, if doing 140 damage is OKEY)
yup scouts with 140hp to not die to direct hits well and still die to loose cannons duh! its fair. but no one wants that, right?

(oh wait they still die to directhits too, ohwell why is the pbpp banned again?)

Last edited by Crow‾,

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from Crow‾

i agree with my teammate on this one. the loose cannon (and the direct hit when I’m at it) shouldn’t be in the game in the first place. why? because it kills 125 hp classes whit only 1! projectil.

Loch n’ Load wasn’t banned either in any HL league when it was able to deal more than 125 damage. Only now when it’s able to deal more than 350 damage with a single magazine of grenades it got banned from UGC.

Quoted from Crow‾

well lets look at the demo with the loose cannon (and shield) – not only you can kill and spam for 141 damage in one direction easily! but with a shield you have 20-50% resistance to fire and explosive damage. So? you have a +175hp (~260hp for pyros because of the sofair 50% fire resistance and pyro the only class thats actually uses it to kill someone thus making pyro even more useless, not like being the weakest class it the game isn’t already enough, but dont let me start on that).
SO! Not only the ability to do massive damage (that valve is so masterfully nerfing) you cant kill him as well. and you call that fair? oh realyy?

Pyro does still have shotgun as the default secondary weapon, if the fire damage doesn’t do much, you can always shoot with the shotgun anyways, pyros could rely on other weapons too than the ones that deal more damage when you’re ignited which aren’t even that good.
Besides, let’s be honest, does anybody in higher divisions (except UGC Plat because obvious reasons) use something else than a stickybomb launcher for more than 2 minutes? Why would anybody use the shield to charge away fast instead of dealing thousands of damage on enemies with a stickybomb launcher?

Quoted from Crow‾

and just look at the damage of direct hit https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Direct_Hit
looks fair right? your medic is in the air? well f* him. and yes, i agree that you actually need to aim and be good with this weapon. but no! it shouldn’t do the 140 damage pointblank. the stock rocket launcher does 112 damage for a reason! no other classes then the spy and sniper should be able to “oneshot”. IMHO!!

I might understand why would direct hit annoy people in 6v6 if some people barely get buffs or aren’t able to dodge the rockets, but in HL I would call it as your own fault for letting a soldier come so close to you without any of your teammates helping you if they aren’t able to kill a one enemy who barely deals any splash damage with the DH rockets. It has it’s upsides and downsides in both gamemodes, splash damage is really that important for soldiers.

Quoted from Crow‾

the things we can do to “balance” if valve don’t want to reduce the damage is the allow the pretty boys pocket pistol for one and the reserve shooter for two! (i don’t get why was the reserve shooter banned in the first place, if doing 140 damage is OKEY)
yup scouts with 140hp to not die to direct hits well and still die to loose cannons duh! its fair. but no one wants that, right?

I don’t understand how would those help, it’s like saying as well that short circuit should be allowed because DH is able to twoshot any big sentry down, but it’s far too much to allow Short Circuit to prevent that, Reserve Shooter is already broken since any normal jump would make you airborne so you’ll take mini-crits even from that.
Pocket pistol could be tried out since it does have the disadvantages as well in HL where you would get fucked by pyros instantly, but allowing that wouldn’t really make either Loose Cannon or Direct Hit any less viable if the flank classes just get weapons that would make them more powerful.

I really don’t see any problem with Loose Cannon in general, even the most cases Klefsas is talking about are situational, you might not want to accept it but you don’t get oneshot by a Loose Cannon every single time that you get shot by unless you’re that stupid to run into them to just get double donked instantly. Besides, is it that much of a problem to do something that’s outside of the meta game so that everything needs to be banned so that everything will always be the same as ever?

tldr Let’s just ban whole TF2 since the game too only has situational use like Loose Cannon for all of us during our lives, right?

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by Bloodis,

cyka blyat

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »