Forum

So you change Divs?

Created 12th February 2015 @ 11:25

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Kengur

Hey. How would api.etf2l.org change? Do we get like {tier: “High”} now? What are the ratings comparisons between old and new system? Is there a timeline on when this change is going to take place?

ash

(Legend)
:D

At least Dave’s div plugin already gives you ‘high’ and ‘mid’ etc, if I understand correctly without any changes to the api. What exactly do you need?

team:{
competitions:{
305:{
category: "6v6 Season",
competition: "Season 20 powered by Tt eSPORTS",
division:{
name: "High",
tier: null
},
url: "http://api.etf2l.org/competition/305"
}

just query any team in season 20, eg: http://api.etf2l.org/team/22355

Last edited by kKaltUu,

Kengur

Quoted from ash

At least Dave’s div plugin already gives you ‘high’ and ‘mid’ etc, if I understand correctly without any changes to the api. What exactly do you need?

Well if adding new field, and nulling the other constitutes “no changes” then yes.

I wonder how he does average div now…lel

Last edited by Kengur,

Kengur

There’s no easy way to know skill level inside those High / Mid / Open braketing?
It would be actually nice if you still supply divs the old way via API. Say top 5 teams of High braket are Div1, next 5 Div2 etc. Is this possible on your end?

Last edited by Kengur,

It’s not a ladder. just use open/mid/high/prem

Kengur

Quoted from kKaltUu

It’s not a ladder.

how’s that related? b4 change there were 8 levels of gradation, now there’s only 4. Now yours granularity is even smaller than UGC.

Last edited by Kengur,

ash

(Legend)
:D

Let’s be honest, any and all skill ratings in TF2 are rather pointless if not used to rate a team with a given lineup.

Spike Himself

TC

I think you misunderstand what “division” means in terms of skill. It is a term defined by how ETF2L seeds the teams. If suddenly only half the teams from last season sign up, a lot of teams that were previously div 5 might now be seeded into div 3. Does that mean they got better? No. Does it mean they are now div 3? Yes.

All that doesn’t exist anymore and as such its use has become completely meaningless. As already metnioned, just use the tier names.

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

The API is pending an update. Waiting for Dave to have time.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

You can’t even translate Swiss tiers into divs, as the point is they only make sense towards the end of the season.

Kengur

Quoted from ash

Let’s be honest, any and all skill ratings in TF2 are rather pointless if not used to rate a team with a given lineup.

Can you at least give their present position and total number of contestants in said tier/competition?

Add A Reply Pages: 1