[ETF2L] Questions about Swiss Tournament System

Created 17th December 2014 @ 16:51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from rockie

[…]

and? it’s not democracy, i know, and you all are fine with it?

LOL

Herr_P

IKEA

Quoted from Bona

All I think that the people who want to have a vote are tired of the prem circlejerk deciding everything while they put in just as much time and effort.

What happens now is people are arguing which is better, letting the people who “apperently” have a far greater and more intelligent understanding of how the game should be played, or let everyone vote.

Both are bad. Just find a good compromise which will benefit not just the premiership players.

Back when we had silly votes about lots of (and arguably, way too many) things I remember still reading posts exactly like this. “These votes aren’t followed!” “The prem ‘circlejerk’ has too much sway in the decisions!” “The votes are followed and now we’re upset about it!”. I feel nostalgic now.

How is an easier division climb beneficial only for prem though? Please, do tell.

This is mostly admins that has decided to go forward with something that has been in the works for a while and that they’ve approached the community about on the forums earlier. A democracy isn’t about voting on every issue.

Also, there’s hardly any outrage about this. Feels like there’s 5 people being really huffy about it atm while all the others are admitting that virtually everyone has been shafted by the — at times — arbitrary div-system at least once.

Also #2: How long have you been lurking in the scene to formulate the idea of prem deciding everything? I mean, back when I was climbing the divs there were constant rumours about “The secret prem cabal” being questioned in every important issue (down to bans even :D) and unless someone has really fucked up the invitation this just isn’t happening anymore.

Final thoughts: New system means a chance to advance in 1/3 of the time that the old system allowed (barring arbitrary admin decisions based on screens & logs), the removal of the stacked divs & closer games through the season – what are you really mad about?

Quoted from Bona

It’s really easy to discuss things that won’t have influence on your experience isn’t it?

Easier to advance = Easier to get into prem without being in a circlejerk (hello me). Contrary to whatever the fuck you’re thinking we want new blood in prem cause everyone is either dead or hating each other now.

Last edited by Herr_P,

Bona

PMW

I was talking to kKaltu but he removed his comment..

Last edited by Bona,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from caeli

[…]

And? People wanted it so shut up. Maybe it’s time you actually cared about what the community wants next time.

God how i miss racio, crasp… etc

Also, it’s just obvious we will end up with names like Invite and Open, so don’t even try… ETF2L things

good effort

rockie

Quoted from basshead

[…]

I’m fine with it as long as your opinion doesn’t affect any thing to do with the league

as always, very mature gj dude

CHERRY

Quoted from rockie

[…]

and? it’s not democracy, i know, and you all are fine with it?

It’s a free market, feel free to move elsewhere or start your own league.
Don’t think we don’t care about users though.

Also sideshow: giving everyone the equal numbers of votes is as democratic as it can be. I don’t see how you may think giving premiership players more is more democratic.

ana: it’s not like any of this affects you since you’re banned anyways so I don’t know why would you even care :*

Last edited by CHERRY,

rockie

Quoted from Herr_P

[…]
A democracy isn’t about voting on every issue.

Im not sure you know the meaning of the word democratic then :>

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
It’s a free market, feel free to move elsewhere or start your own league.

Well that’s what admins are showing us, and also i’m stuck with this, if only i had the chance…

Last edited by rockie,

Herr_P

IKEA

Quoted from rockie

[…]

Im not sure about your knowledge about the meaning of the word democracy :>

You’re talking about direct democracy, I’m talking about representative democracy. If you don’t want to muddle up what people are taking with them from what you’re saying then be clearer from the start.

In the end etf2l deffo isn’t based on a democratic system (and for obvious reasons can’t be) but practices, at times, a democratic process. I’d say that a dialogue was enough in this case.

Oxy

TC.Express

Haven’t read the whole thread so this might have been said, but I suggest seperating div 5 and 6. They both have plenty to fill one each anyway.

rockie

Quoted from Herr_P

[…]

You’re talking about direct democracy, I’m talking about representative democracy. If you don’t want to muddle up what people are taking with them from what you’re saying then be clearer from the start.

I wish i could… :(

Quoted from Herr_P

In the end etf2l deffo isn’t based on a democratic system (and for obvious reasons can’t be) but practices, at times, a democratic process. I’d say that a dialogue was enough in this case.

I don’t see these obvious reason, please enlighten me (*not maps, not maps*)

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

1. It’s vastly impractical to vote every time: you have to publicise it, sort through the votes etc.

2. It’s not representative: you can have HL players voting on 6s issues and vice versa, people can vote without playing in the season it affects, people can vote who’ve never played competitive before etc

3. It’s not going to give you the best option: the majority of the players voting don’t have a good insight into the game or the scene and just see a poll on the front page begging for their input.

4. Obscure Kappa.

Last edited by Sideshow,

Bona

PMW

Quoted from rockie

[…]

I wish i could… :(

[…]

I don’t see these obvious reason, please enlighten me (*not maps, not maps*)

It can’t be a democracy since the admins aren’t chosen by the community either.

caeli

#T4F

Quoted from CHERRY

ana: it’s not like any of this affects you since you’re banned anyways so I don’t know why would you even care :*

why do you even care of what I think if you don’t even play comp
also: my ban lasts until summer, I’m free to play afterwards, so I would only miss the first seaso of this honey :* (oh wait, that must be that you have another secret reason to ban me right after I get unbanned!!!!!! :3)

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]

forgot this.
ETF2L Admins always care about their users, especially in nations cup :>

Last edited by caeli,

Collaide

Quoted from caeli

[…]

why do you even care of what I think if you don’t even play comp
also: my ban lasts until summer, I’m free to play afterwards, so I would only miss the first seaso of this honey :* (oh wait, that must be that you have another secret reason to ban me right after I get unbanned!!!!!! :3)

chill out bro

rockie

Quoted from Sideshow

1. It’s vastly impractical to vote every time: you have to publicise it, sort through the votes etc.

2. It’s not representative: you can have HL players voting on 6s issues and vice versa, people can vote without playing in the season it affects, people can vote who’ve never played competitive before etc

3. It’s not going to give you the best option: the majority of the players voting don’t have a good insight into the game or the scene and just see a poll on the front page begging for their input.

4. Obscure Kappa.

1. It’s easier than you think to put 2 buttons and see how many pressed which button

2. You can easily fix that allowing only who currently is in a 6v6 team and played a number of past 6v6 seasons

3. Those players who don’t have the best insight, still play in your same league, using ur same rules and system to play it, and they matter as you do in fact.

4 What the fucking fuckerino fuck is so wrong with obscure? i mean it’s not a really good map, but it’s not even that bad, ofc it needs some fix some improvements, but a lot of maps we currently play, need that (i.e granary, logjam).

Quoted from Bona

[…]

It can’t be a democracy since the admins aren’t chosen by the community either.

True but as admin, you should be as democratic as possible, and give always the privilege to vote/decide to every player in the league

Last edited by rockie,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »