Forum

[ETF2L] Questions about Swiss Tournament System

Created 17th December 2014 @ 16:51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Quoted from Sideshow

Imagine football using a poll system to decide a ruleset – but then allowing everyone from Premiership to Sunday League teams to take part. Madness!

Instead, football leaves it up to the administrators (FIFA). Problem solved.

On topic:

I may have missed it in previous posts – how many teams will be promoted/relegated each season?

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from Sideshow

EDIT: On topic, I think it should be Premiership/Upper Tier/Middle Tier/Beginner Tier

But sideshow you have been registered for 5 years. How can we have someone who has played for 5 years in the “Beginner Tier”?

rockie

Quoted from Sideshow

Sorry ana and rock but you’re just vastly wrong. Imagine football using a poll system to decide a ruleset – but then allowing everyone from Premiership to Sunday League teams to take part. Madness!There are as many division 5/6 players as there are Prem-d4 players AND that’s only the ones taking part currently! If you count the people who aren’t on teams at the moment (WHO CAN STILL VOTE in these polls) the numbers become ridiculous. It’s essentially a free-for-all, with no shred of democracy. Besides which, TF2 is unlike football in the sense that the things separating the top and the bottom are not just ability and skill. There are people making these decisions who know far better than the general populace what’s best. As evidenced by the obscure/freight/whatever-the-fuck-happened-that-season shenanigans.And I’m not defending that group of people because I’m in it at all, I have no part in it, but it’s damn better than doing it by vote.

EDIT: On topic, I think it should be Premiership/Upper Tier/Middle Tier/Beginner Tier

You can’t even compare he two, please, one was invented over a hundred yrs ago, and the rules were discussed with all the people who knew it, the other was invented 7 yrs ago, and it came out with no rules, the community had to invent and think on how it could be played to have the best experience possible, ofc with the times some of those rules where changed (i.e. 1 demoman instead of 2 demomen), and pretty much that was what the majority (i guess almost everyone in that case) wanted, but now, only because top players don’t like a map or can’t play properly a map, they decide over the decision made previously (asking the community), in short, the influence of like 10%? (it’s probably too much) decides over the much bigger 90%, and the reason for this is “well if we ask the community, we have maps like obscure, ecc,” SO BE IT, the majority asked for that, if after that season the same majority notice that map shouldn’t be played anymore, just take it off, but only then. Again, we’re in DEMOCRACY http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/democracy or if you feel that just some should lead the sorts of this league, just tell us, and next time don’t even ask for feedback or don’t even try and make polls or any vote of any type, because, it’d just make no sense

Last edited by rockie,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

They decided based on the previous discussion, in which anyone could participate. I think that’s much better than valuing the opinion of hundreds of people who hadn’t even read the thread equally with those who had researched the subject.

ash

(Legend)
:D

There seems to be a certain misconception that ETF2L is a democracy. It isn’t.

Anyhow, if you want to indulge the idea of ETF2L being a democracy, feel free to count opinions of people here. Feel free to include the newspost’s comments or even previous discussion threads.

PuzZle

Boys
GG

I hope it turns out well

Having fewer divisions is good imo, because I don’t even think there’s 7 different stages of skill in competitive tf2, hence why alot of us go about searching games and teams/players around div6-5, 5-4, 4-3, 3-2 etc. They are more or less the same anyway

Last edited by PuzZle,

rockie

Quoted from ash

There seems to be a certain misconception that ETF2L is a democracy. It isn’t.

Anyhow, if you want to indulge the idea of ETF2L being a democracy, feel free to count opinions of people here. Feel free to include the newspost’s comments or even previous discussion threads.

If it’s not, well just make turn it into democracy, i remember we had votes about things once, like maps, etc…

byte

ETF2L has never been a democratic league, dunno where this view has come, since Canfo/emb was head admin at least. Frankly it can’t be a democratic league so to speak, if it was, we’d end up with a joke ruleset, joke league(s), joke cups. So while I’ve had heated discussions with that lithuanian fiend he and Canfo always set out rules/formats based on listening and discussions never opinionated views from a small amount of ppl, so a good job to them.

‘If that’s what the players want then so be it’, is like saying the same shit to a toddler ‘if you want to chew on some live electricity cable so be it!’ disregarding the fact that the toddler is a mindless species, same goes for the vast majority of players in this league. Most of them just want to play and leave the logistics to a selective group who discuss via tf.tv shows and on a forum thread.

While I know you are referring to my beautiful snowy map which is great, but maybe the meta of that map isn’t suited, last time we’ve done polls of it, it was like 50/50.

The only downside to this format is those who’ve worked their bacon off to get into div 1/3/5, have to now deal with scrub lords from the previous div they were in.

Shit happens, but long term will be for the better, gj ETF2L.

*I have a sneaky suspicion that SonnyBlack should be mentioned in all of this new format* IF SO SONNY WELL DONE :P (so u don’t msg me on steam and say HEY I DID THAT NOT EMB) :p

Cheers

Byte

Indxyou

Quoted from Bob Bami

low – mid – high – prem sounds good.
You wont have new people being confused about division 6 or 1 being the lowest division anymore

do this

Gentleman Jon

Quoted from rockie

Again, we’re in DEMOCRACY

ETF2L is private property

rockie

Quoted from Gentleman Jon

[…]
ETF2L is private property

and? it’s not democracy, i know, and you all are fine with it?

basshead

mid

Quoted from rockie

[…]

and? it’s not democracy, i know, and you all are fine with it?

I’m fine with it as long as your opinion doesn’t affect any thing to do with the league

Bona

PMW

All I think that the people who want to have a vote are tired of the prem circlejerk deciding everything while they put in just as much time and effort.

What happens now is people are arguing which is better, letting the people who “apperently” have a far greater and more intelligent understanding of how the game should be played, or let everyone vote.

Both are bad. Just find a good compromise which will benefit not just the premiership players.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

Quoted from Bona

All I think that the people who want to have a vote are tired of the prem circlejerk deciding everything while they put in just as much time and effort.

What happens now is people are arguing which is better, letting the people who “apperently” have a far greater and more intelligent understanding of how the game should be played, or let everyone vote.

Both are bad. Just find a good compromise which will benefit not just the premiership players.

how can you say “prem circlejerk”, i swear everyone hated each other last season

Last edited by Starkie,

Bona

PMW

It’s really easy to discuss things that won’t have influence on your experience isn’t it?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »