Forum

[ETF2L] Questions about Swiss Tournament System

Created 17th December 2014 @ 16:51

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 9 Next »

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

First off, if you haven’t read the newspost go read it!

This thread is for people to ask questions which could be featured in the Fully Charged EU on Monday 22nd December featuring myself. Please keep all questions/suggestions related to the change of tournament system . Other questions will be ignored, especially any questions about hobbies!

BoneSponge

cool

Roque

brz
[hePPa]

sounds fun!

adysky

Quoted from BoneSponge

cool

What’s the length of the season going to be? Skimread the newspost, couldn’t see it jumping out at me.

loopster

Sound fun and fair. :)

Selek

Dr. med.

Quoted from Tomu

What’s the length of the season going to be? Skimread the newspost, couldn’t see it jumping out at me.

“The Premiership tier will also run alongside this schedule, however there will be slight differences since it continue to be run in a Round Robin format. Obviously the fixtures for all 7 weeks will be available in advance, the same as it is currently.”

7 weeks, if all tiers run the same amount of weeks, which I would assume.

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

“The names of the tiers have not yet been decided, we are open to suggestions but were thinking of following the ESEA/CEVO trend with Premiership/Main/Intermediate/Open.”

Why not just call them “Tier 1″ Tier 2” ect?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Before the season the admins will seed the top 50% of each tier

the new team will be given real match points from imaginary games based on a team rating given by the ETF2L team

How will these be done?

Sepu

(Kovein)
0fo

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

“The names of the tiers have not yet been decided, we are open to suggestions but were thinking of following the ESEA/CEVO trend with Premiership/Main/Intermediate/Open.”

!tier

rockie

While you’re there, ask the coder to change the name into ESEA EU :>

Popcorp

How medals are going to work with this System? will there be now Tier 1 Winner Medal or something? And will there be Placement medals for each Tier?

CHERRY

What happens to the div 5 mix group then?

What would this mean for map schedules? how many maps per week? 1 like ESEA (better option) playing 2 teams? 2 playing 1 team?

And does this mean one more map to the list?

sheepy dog's hand

(Cutest boy in TF2)
F!
Pander

Quoted from sheepy dog's hand

I also want to add that doing this would make thing simpler for new players. Using Main/Intermediate/Open is so much more confusing for new players than just tier 1/2/3/4. People who have never played esea won’t know what it means while people from all kinds of games (dota 2, LoL, SC2 ect) will understand what tier 1/2/3/4 means.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 9 Next »