Forum

[ETF2L] Swiss Style Tournament System

Created 13th November 2014 @ 00:57

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

hr

I think it’s better sure scheduling becomes more difficult/rigid but the lower divs are a mess in ETF2L – I guarantee I could get a div5 team into div3 if I had long enough to cherry pick screens.

CHERRY

Quoted from birdy

i like the idea i say try it and if it doesn’t work switch back to the old system

You say it like implementing this change is just switching a button :D

rockie

Quoted from birdy

i like the idea i say try it and if it doesn’t work switch back to the old system

i suggest you to read again permzilla’s WOT, this time paying more attention

HightDetal

CENATION

Well i think main con is that div 4 teams don’t want to get crushed and they go play in open.My team played 2 games and they both have been against div3/4 people and we got rolled(one of the teams ran div2 perma sniper and div3 perma heavy).i think this system is a failure

ducky

Quoted from HightDetal

Well i think main con is that div 4 teams don’t want to get crushed and they go play in open.My team played 2 games and they both have been against div3/4 people and we got rolled(one of the teams ran div2 perma sniper and div3 perma heavy).i think this system is a failure

Go back to start. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200€.

Read how the system works because your post makes it obvious that you didn’t do so in the first place.

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

Quoted from HightDetal

so the system is a failure because of sandbagging?
what the fuck?

Fwn

(ETF2L Donator)
tR67

Quoted from HightDetal

Sorry to break it to you but I’m not even close to div2 :–(

shoras

Well, my div4 like team got matched against a team who had the 1st place in div4 and a div3 season on week 3 because they’ve had the same ammount of points (duh).

TaylorSwiftFan100

BB

if you would get matched against div4 teams all the time and win you could get into playoffs without actually winning against good teams. with any system you’ll lose once in a while it happens

Last edited by TaylorSwiftFan100,

ducky

Quoted from TaylorSwiftFan100

if you would get matched against div4 teams all the time and win you could get into playoffs without actually winning against good teams. with any system you’ll lose once in a while it happens

Exactly. After all being on a winstreak will place you against teams who’ve also won as much as you did, thus giving you tougher opponents the more succesful you are.

Unless you’re the absolute best team in your tier you will end up losing a match or two.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Has the size of playoffs been decided yet?

AB

if it’s any less than 16 (for mid) I’d be very dissapointed considering how many teams there are near the middle-top of the tier that are all close with each other.

8 for high and 32 for open?

Last edited by AB,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I thought 4-8-16 would do at a minimum – the main aim being to find the worthy candidates rather than rank everyone in order, then letting the playoffs sort them out. 8-8-16 maybe. I’m sure Open needs at least 16 places after 7 regular fixtures anyway.

double elim right? i dont think its fair to have a single elim since if you lose one game you’re basically out of it

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

We can’t support double elim brackets.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »