Forum

[Highlander Season 7] Provisional Feedback

Created 14th October 2014 @ 22:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21

EmilioEstevez

GG

I’m not a big fan of the way the names rule is enforced. Warnings for j@m@l instead of jamal, fanny instead of fanny_filth (even though he used the full name in the match just not the status screen) and inso instead of inso2stronk (after kkaltuu OK’d him just using inso) sucked. It didn’t affect the standings at all so it’s not the hugest deal, but it just feels kind of petty.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

I’m not a big fan of the way the names rule is enforced. Warnings for j@m@l instead of jamal, fanny instead of fanny_filth (even though he used the full name in the match just not the status screen) and inso instead of inso2stronk (after kkaltuu OK’d him just using inso) sucked. It didn’t affect the standings at all so it’s not the hugest deal, but it just feels kind of petty.

You have to draw a line somewhere, and if you want to create a list of all acceptable violations (trust me, people are creative) then you’ll be doing it for a while. And I don’t think anyone would be able to make head or tails of it afterwards. It’s much easier to be super strict, although even easier to actually follow the rule .

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

You have to draw a line somewhere, and if you want to create a list of all acceptable violations (trust me, people are creative) then you’ll be doing it for a while. And I don’t think anyone would be able to make head or tails of it afterwards. It’s much easier to be super strict, although even easier to actually follow the rule .

I get your point but I was always under the impression that the rule was there to stop people being abusive or changing their names to purposefully ruin a cast which I can’t actually think of an instance where that has happened in any game I’ve played. All the nickname warnings in prem this season have been for stuff like MUSA instead of musa_tr and it was the same last season.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

[…]

I get your point but I was always under the impression that the rule was there to stop people being abusive or changing their names to purposefully ruin a cast which I can’t actually think of an instance where that has happened in any game I’ve played. All the nickname warnings in prem this season have been for stuff like MUSA instead of musa_tr and it was the same last season.

It doesn’t happen because the rule is in place. Before any sort of nickname rule was in place, people would play with weird name and no one would know who is who. It’s not always a weird name to necessarily ruin a cast, but there are plenty of people out there who would as a ‘joke’ even now.

All these petty nickname rule breaks are completely the players fault. It is not challenging to use the same name exactly as your ETF2L name, as the 95% of players correctly managing it show.

EmilioEstevez

GG

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

The rule has gotten harsher as the seasons have gone on even though there have been no instances of abuse of it. From here it feels more like warnings are being given out for the sake of it, rather than any actual harm done.

Maybe the admins could use their discretion sometimes to take the edge off when no harm has been done?

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

[…]

The rule has gotten harsher as the seasons have gone on even though there have been no instances of abuse of it. From here it feels more like warnings are being given out for the sake of it, rather than any actual harm done.

The admins repeatedly tell us how they have final discretion on any decision, maybe they could use it sometimes to take the edge off when no harm has been done? ;)

The rule has gotten harsher as it was simply too vague before, like you were saying is j@m@l ok for Jamal? It made sense to simply make it super strict since its much easier for us, the casters and you only have to play officials with this name so it’s not difficult for you.

Rule breaks for the nickname rule used to be very weak for that reason, perhaps we gave a minor for j@m@l, but not MUSA instead of MUSA_tr. It was inconsistent, and it was reasonable highlander players were getting frustrated at the inconsistency.

We have final discretion, but as I’ve explained it’s much easier to simply not draw a line, than draw a line that keeps on moving. As soon as you bring discretion back into you, you bring in the jamal/musa issues I mentioned above.

b33p

(ETF2L Donator)
-st-

My team probably suffered more from the rule penalties than any other team in hl this season but I understand them and happen to agree with the current rules. It’s simple to use your etf2l name. It’s simple to save demos.

I fucked up twice as far as demo recordings go. First, got a new server and didn’t set it to save STVs just to have STV enabled. My mistake, stupid mistake, didn’t do it to deny people STV but it happened once and won’t happen again. Second time I accidentally deleted demos. The other warnings, sorex got a new PC and didn’t install prec. Genuine mistake again, nothing more behind it but we understand the rules. MUSA had his name as ‘MUSA’ instead of his old etf2l name ‘MUSA_tr’. Oh well, again as the leader I take this as my fault for not being strict with our players.

As far as I can tell every warning can be avoided by strict leadership and attention to detail. I don’t think the rules affecting warnings should be changed, they’re fine.

Something something seedings.

edit: typo

Last edited by b33p,

Clark

SDCK!

I’ve read this topic backwards up until page 16. Best laugh I had in days, thank you, guys :D

When do i get my participation medal for Tom vs Highlander?

Last edited by Tom Spillfat,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 20 21