Forum

[Highlander Season 7] Provisional Feedback

Created 14th October 2014 @ 22:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 21 Next »

Useless

TC.Noobas

Banning something because it is simply annoying isn’t the way to go. As previous people have mentioned, try to adapt to the weapons.

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

Quoted from Tomu

[…]

BRB sapping 3rd point hold on Badwater.

..Oh…Oh wait I can’t.

You´re not trying hard enuf

Quoted from Useless

Banning something because it is simply annoying isn’t the way to go. As previous people have mentioned, try to adapt to the weapons.

A Medic can’t “adapt” to 3 rockets being fired at him at once at close range.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Neither can he adapt to a headshot
Neither can he adapt to a backstab
Neither can he adapt to a market gardener
Neither can he adapt to opening up his console and typing ‘kill’

Oh wait my bad yes he can. Only one player in the entire league has managed to perfect this unlock and turn it into something viable, new and challenging.

Is that motive for banning it?

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from Fuxx

Neither can he adapt to a headshot
Neither can he adapt to a backstab
Neither can he adapt to a market gardener
Neither can he adapt to opening up his console and typing ‘kill’

Oh wait my bad yes he can. Only one player in the entire league has managed to perfect this unlock and turn it into something viable, new and challenging.

Is that motive for banning it?

I see lots of bad soldiers that use it and suddenly do well. It’s certainly not easy to perfectly master it, but it’s pretty easy to use efficiently in most situations and on most maps.
And yes I dare to say that Hartz wouldn’t even be close to his current efficiency without beggar’s bazooka. (no offense hartz I love you)

I just don’t think it’s fair that a soldier gets an unlock which basically disables the element of dodging for most classes in most scenarios.

Last edited by MARS^,

S@GA

MERKEL
Nein

^truth

Fuxx

REMOVE

I also think the dead ringer is a bullshit unlock that makes spy a lot easier than it should and destroys the same kind of stealth skill other watches provide

If we’re going to go down the road of banning unlocks that blatantly make a class easier/more effecient then let’s start with the others that are overused, mmkay? Let’s make a list:

dead ringer
sandvich
wrangler
jarate
mad milk
ubersaw
escape plan
black box
degreaser
rescue ranger

etc.

But no, you’d rather target an unlock that is used a lot more rarily and even those who tryhard it do open up exceptions for different variations. Is it because it’s new?

Quoted from Fuxx

Is it because it’s new?

It’s because it’s a crutch that takes little skill to use and allows bad players to get away with ridiculous shit that’s just plain unfun to play against. It’s the same reason I hate the Dead Ringer. although you can at least adapt to someone abusing that.

NULL

Quoted from Freakie

[…]

It’s because it’s a crutch that takes little skill to use and allows bad players to get away with ridiculous shit that’s just plain unfun to play against. It’s the same reason I hate the Dead Ringer. although you can at least adapt to someone abusing that.

If i say : “Lol playing heavy is only for noob” Do you get offenced ?
Cause when you say Dead Ringer is a ridiculous shit weapon for bad player, its how i get it.

Go play spy ! It’s a easy class, just need to watch stabby stabby videos man.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from NULL

[…]

Cause when you say Dead Ringer is a ridiculous shit weapon for bad player, its how i get it.

I’m sure he didn’t want to insult anyone using it because abusing unlocks is obviously a smart thing.

Furthermore anyone can use the same argument against you: “Go play this class that you don’t main, it’s so easy right?”

Fuxx

REMOVE

If it’s OP, everyone would use it in nearly every situation. A shitton of unlocks fit in this category but are not considered OP. Yet an unlock that isn’t included in the list of ultra-overused weapons is considered OP?

Not fun to play against is a far more logical argument

But then again etf2l allowed the phlog

L0L

Quoted from NULL

[…]

I’d agree on the thought that Heavy is one of the comparatively easiest classes. I have a problem with Spies just using Dead Ringer and then using it to run around like a downs person shooting everywhere and then using Dead Ringer the second they’re even remotely in danger.
I don’t like it when they use it to go behind with the Ambassador and then actually aim when they shoot, but even then I can respect that. I’m tired of playing people that just play like retards and get away with it, even if that’s in part the fault on whoever they’re playing against. No other class can cause as much trouble for the team just by running around.

Last edited by Freakie,

NULL

Quoted from Freakie

[…]

I’d agree on the thought that Heavy is one of the comparatively easiest classes. I have a problem with Spies just using Dead Ringer and then using it to run around like a downs person shooting everywhere and then using Dead Ringer the second they’re even remotely in danger.
I don’t like it when they use it to go behind with the Ambassador and then actually aim when they shoot, but even then I can respect that. I’m tired of playing people that just play like retards and get away with it, even if that’s in part the fault on whoever they’re playing against. No other class can cause as much trouble for the team just by running around.

First : Heavy is a easy class was an exemple. Personnaly, i found this class very hard to master, i played a lot of classes, and its when i play heavy in Pickup etc… than i do the worst and the other heavy reck me very hard.

Btw, you cant say this weapon make the game easier. I know a lot of spy using DR, and lot of them are still big noob and will do maybe better with running Invis. Watch. I played Invis Watch when i begin TF2 and really, its as easy to use as the Dead Ringer.

I have the same opinion for the Beggar’s Bazooka. I never see an other guys use this shit weapon as well as Hartz. Lot of soldiers try to play with this weapon cause they see hartz made insane frags, and they fail very hard.

And to come back to the subject, let engi have fun with wrangler. Engi is already a bad class to main <3 (jtm cobz)

quintosh

wL.

beggars bazooka leaves up for very creative ways of jumping and playing, but the fact that you can load three rockets, peek around a corner, unload and get away with it easily (even against buffed heavies in your face) while still being able to fire a whole 16 rockets more if you like to while running away… hmm no
another shitty thing to deal with is that you can skyrocket in any map and be free to load another three rockets into your beggars before the other team can deny you the slightest

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

I can’t really agree with the argument that nobody uses the beggar’s bazooka or that they fail with it. As I mentioned before, I see lots of bad sollies that do much better with it than they would ever be able to with stock or another unlock.
Same goes for myself, I’m not a particularly good solly but whenever I play with beggar’s it just feels more like a crutch than anything else, it didn’t take me a particularly huge amount of practice to get used to it either, even the jumping is fairly easy once you get used to it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 21 Next »