Forum

Consider taking B.A.S.E. Jumper off the whitelist.

Created 30th September 2014 @ 01:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Atzebumm

(ETF2L Donator)
Dr. med.

While testing new suicide jumps we found a glitch with the B.A.S.E. Jumper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1__xT_QuvjI

As long as it isn’t fixxed by valve, putting it off the whitelist would be a nice idea.

ondkaja

IKEA

Keep it unbanned, and see how it affects an actual game before banning it. I’d imagine suicide bombs still being pretty hard to pull off, even with this glitch so there might not even be a problem.

Quoted from ondkaja

Keep it unbanned, and see how it affects an actual game before banning it. I’d imagine suicide bombs still being pretty hard to pull off, even with this glitch so there might not even be a problem.

How is being immune to a sentry, the one that you might be targeting, not affecting the actual game?

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

[…]

How is being immune to a sentry, the one that you might be targeting, not affecting the actual game?

Sometimes I wonder why people post replies without actually reading the post they are replying to. I didn’t say the glitch does not affect the game, I said it affected the game in an interesting way that requires evaluation.

The sentry immunity brings other downsides, such as being more easily shut down by other classes, such as pyro and heavy, since using the parachute decreases your speed. You are seemingly still not immune to a weangled sentry and the trick itself seems to take at least some sort of skill to pull off (though I can’t really comment on this). And during the time you’re setting up the suicide you won’t have whatever unlock the base jumper replaces. I highly doubt this bug is game breaking so it doesn’t really justify a ban.

Sorry Kaja, I did not know you are such a forum warrior. Calm your tits, I meant affecting the game in a negative way.

It’s a glitch that makes you invulnerable to a sentry whilst you are bombing medic/engie. It’s can be used by both soldier and demo at the same time. I don’t think any engie or medic can survive that/not get forced.

Whilst they get taken down, they’ll have enough time to smash everything.

Last edited by Reservoir Dog,

Kengur

I’d say this is bug exploit and should be bannable offence anyway.

Does a wrangler sentry glitch the same?

Last edited by Kengur,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Kengur

I’d say this is bug exploit and should be bannable offence anyway.

Not sure I understand how it’s done. Doesn’t it just happen when you float in range of a sentry?

Kengur

Quoted from fraac

[…]

Not sure I understand how it’s done. Doesn’t it just happen when you float in range of a sentry?

“I’m sorry officer, I have no idea how this pot got into my car” doesn’t really fly

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from Atzebumm

While testing new suicide jumps we found a glitch with the B.A.S.E. Jumper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1__xT_QuvjI

As long as it isn’t fixxed by valve, putting it off the whitelist would be a nice idea.

here i was confused about why qnx didn’t take any damage in the bronze final from my sentry.

olBaa

Great to hear about this bug, was used in past UGC season.

Yes it affects the gameplay. A lot.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from Kengur

[…]

“I’m sorry officer, I have no idea how this pot got into my car” doesn’t really fly

Never let the police search your car.

But this is more like sand getting in your car when you visit the beach.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

how does it affect gameplay?
surely if you have the parachute out youre a sitting duck for everything

Popcorp

Quoted from Starkie

how does it affect gameplay?
surely if you have the parachute out youre a sitting duck for everything

http://youtu.be/T9wsz5qbaTI?t=8m41s

CHERRY

Quoted from fraac

[…]

Never let the police search your car.

But this is more like sand getting in your car when you visit the beach.

I don’t know how is it in Russia, but here they can even search your baggage when they pull you off, not everyone lives where you do and law is different everywhere :).

cirlo

cirlo

it’s a known (by a few people) glitch :v

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »