Forum

A more liberal whitelist?

Created 27th August 2014 @ 22:33

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

ash

(Legend)
:D

If you’ve played the recent seasons you probably have noticed that we gradually allow more and more unlocks each season. Do you expect this season to be different?

rockie

Quoted from Tom Spillfat

Why don’t we do like the americans and allow some unlocks that arent broken, but add the option to sometimes play things differently? I’m talking stuff like the shortstop, market gardener, sticky and rocket jumper, backburner, scoRes, some pyro flareguns, booties, deadringer, targe etc. A more controversial one would be the direct hit, which could be an interesting alternative to stock imo. It doesnt strike me as OP in 6s just because of how seldom its used in ESEA despite being allowed. yeah, airshots all day, but no splash is a big deal.

Thoughts? I’m expecting a lot of you to disagree – but keep it civil lads! :)

you must be kidding dude

sorsa

mooz

Powerjack some beautiful day. I just want to be a scout-pyro.
;__;

Quoted from Setlet

It would be possible to add every worthless unlock just to make the whitelist look more liberal, but what’s the point?

Well, im not talking worthless unlocks – but situationally usefull ones… Besides, is there any point in banning useless unlocks?

Quoted from rockie

[…]

you must be kidding dude

Nope, i think some more variety could be fun. Obviously the broken unlocks would be left out, and by that i mean gamebreaking stuff. Include the DH if you wish, but other ones would be lnl, wrangler, sc, dds, pbpp, jarate, mad milk, sandman, quickfix, gru, tomislaw, natascha, gunslinger etc. They are banned for a good reason.

But I dont really see how stuff like the shortstop, stickyjumper, detonator or scoRes would break the game… They are hardly going to get picked over stock in any but a few rare situations, as they are pretty weak unlocks.

Last edited by Tom Spillfat,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2