Forum

[ETF2L] Theme Beta Feedback

Created 31st July 2014 @ 22:44

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »

private_meta

STDs

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]
Disable adblock then! Read the message at the top under the toolbar!

Good thing you mention that. Flash ads are despicable, and I will not view them, and I find them even worse on mobile. If they were text ads I would allow them. This way I have to disable ads in a different way.without adblock and I doubt that was your intention.

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Starkie

the competitions tab is really cluttered

you should just have the link for each competition’s “home” page and have links from there for the tables/whatever

that way there would be 5 things to click not 12

I agree with this one. Each season should be the option under the Competitions, and then sub options under those for home, tables/groups and fixtures.

Aside from that, I really like the new site. Fantastic job guys!

Last edited by Russian Guyovich,

maidos

can you add a rotating tf2 background, it would be nice to see something new for a change and refreshing rather than seeing one background all time if several ppl dislike it

private_meta

STDs

Some more stuff:

– It would be nice to have Page index on top of forum pages as well as the bottom.

[Link] <- if no jscript, format is a bit broken

– There is no way to navigate the top menus without jscript

– “No Adblock” still shows when only etf2l.org jscript is allowed. (I do that because of security concerns)

Mobile General:

– When scrolling, every item (e.g. every news entry) that is scrolled into view will display with up to half a second delay. This means you will not see content immediately.

– Scrolling screws with the header option bar, especially if you are on top of page with firefox, where the address bar shows up or disappears. I can explain more in detail if needed.

Mobile Portrait:

– More than half the screen is taken up by logos and sponsors. (1080×1920)

Mobile Landscape:

– Logo and other “screen pollution” on top is larger than the entire screen (1920×1080)
– There was a “border” where you can see the background if you popped open the option/navbar, but that seems gone, maybe you fixed that

– You cannot scroll the navbar at the sides, that counts at scrolling the page (see [Link])

– While scrolling, the white text of the navbar scrolls into the main page. That “fixes itself” after you stop scrolling.

**Edit:**

Broken Style Picker/Chooser: [Link]

Last edited by private_meta,

CHERRY

Quoted from private_meta

[…]

Good thing you mention that. Flash ads are despicable, and I will not view them, and I find them even worse on mobile. If they were text ads I would allow them. This way I have to disable ads in a different way.without adblock and I doubt that was your intention.

Did you ever see the cpm of the text ads? It’s closer to 0 than anything

CHERRY

Quoted from private_meta

Some more stuff:
– It would be nice to have Page index on top of forum pages as well as the bottom.

I am aware of this and will fix it soon once I find a way to fit it somewhere

[Link] <- if no jscript, format is a bit broken
– There is no way to navigate the top menus without jscript
– “No Adblock” still shows when only etf2l.org jscript is allowed. (I do that because of security concerns)

Don’t provide support for website functionality with any of it’s dependencies blocked :s Also pictogram font doesn’t require javascript to work, the issue is somewhere else (fonts blocked?)

– When scrolling, every item (e.g. every news entry) that is scrolled into view will display with up to half a second delay. This means you will not see content immediately.
– While scrolling, the white text of the navbar scrolls into the main page. That “fixes itself” after you stop scrolling.

This is basically caused by your device not by the theme. A lot of mobile browsers (Chrome, Safari) do this to scroll smoothly even on lowend devices and to be easier on the battery

– Scrolling screws with the header option bar, especially if you are on top of page with firefox, where the address bar shows up or disappears. I can explain more in detail if needed.

If you meant twitch players getting onto the navbar then I’ll commit a fix for it soon, if it’s something else please elaborate.

– More than half the screen is taken up by logos and sponsors. (1080×1920)
– Logo and other “screen pollution” on top is larger than the entire screen (1920×1080)

This will be fixed along with the zoob’s request. Resolution doesn’t particulary help since it’s the mobile device and it renders webpage for different resolution, but we’ll take care of it[/quote]

– You cannot scroll the navbar at the sides, that counts at scrolling the page (see [Link])

That’s cause of how breakpoints work, unfortunately it’ll stay this way.

Broken Style Picker/Chooser: [Link]

Will be fixed soon.

Last edited by CHERRY,

Muerte

elev8

First off, sexy as fuck new site. Great job on the look of it. Feels incredibly smooth.

Just a couple things (not sure if already pointed out):

– Page Numbers for threads with multiple pages should appear at both the top AND bottom (not just the bottom as they do now); previously they appeared in both locations.

– The same thing with Page Numbers is relevant for the ‘Add Reply’ button

– When threads only have a single page, having a ‘next page *arrow*’ type thing looks and feels really weird, given that clicking it simply reloads the same page. Making it so it doesn’t appear (as with the old skin) would make more sense IMO. Check this 1 page thread to see what I mean; [Link]

EDIT: Just noticed you knew about the add reply at the bottom, sorry D:
Ok this seems to be another issue –  I just edited this post and for some reason this edited text is now auto-linking to the same thread I initially tried to link above.  Might want to look into that….

Last edited by Muerte,

private_meta

STDs

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
Did you ever see the cpm of the text ads? It’s closer to 0 than anything

Well, ok then, but that also means that I can never allow ads here for being horribly annoying, out of security concerns, and on mobiles I can’t allow them because they suck up my monthly traffic (potentially and practically). Not that I would click any ad if I were allowing them anyway. The only way I’d click one was by accident.

Muerte

elev8

Quoted from private_meta

The only way I’d click one was by accident.

As would most people…

private_meta

STDs

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
If you meant twitch players getting onto the navbar then I’ll commit a fix for it soon, if it’s something else please elaborate.

When you have Firefox Mobile open, and you scroll down, the Address bar disappears. Apparently the style however works with fixed widths while scrolling, so it looks like the browser bar for the navbar is still there while scrolling, but it isn’t, so there’s a bar. When you stop scrolling it normalizes. that happens in both directions.

Also, “That’s a problem for your device” isn’t really something you should say when you are supposed to develop something device independently >_>

yak

DUBSTEP
Gungaginga

Really need to be able to sort stuff by div, name, date in the rec section like on the old theme

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Awesome that the new theme is in beta now, but that does mean I have a few suggestions:

– http://puu.sh/aAjNs/98865ae38d.jpg the folder icon seems a little “misleading” given it links you to the match page, maybe you can make it so clicking “vs” takes you to the match page or replace the folder icon with two fists hitting each other?

– Would it be possible to make the teams in the “tooltips” you get when hovering over player’s names clickable?

– The “older comments” button on matchpages seems broken. But even if it would work I think I would prefer the match comment system to work so that it just extends to show all comments, instead of taking you to a separate page. More or less like the way youtube video descriptions are shown.

– Will there be an option to choose between different backgrounds?

Sorry if anything I mentioned here was mentioned already, I didn’t take the time to read all comments. Anyways, you guys have been working hard, keep it up!

Last edited by BenBazinga,

CHERRY

Quoted from private_meta

[…]

When you have Firefox Mobile open, and you scroll down, the Address bar disappears. Apparently the style however works with fixed widths while scrolling, so it looks like the browser bar for the navbar is still there while scrolling, but it isn’t, so there’s a bar. When you stop scrolling it normalizes. that happens in both directions.

Also, “That’s a problem for your device” isn’t really something you should say when you are supposed to develop something device independently &gt;_&gt;

Yeah, but that was addressing other points. What do you think I can do with your software not loading the whole page at once? :O

winterz

(è_é)

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]What smartphone are you using? Should work on all smartphones with resolution bigger than VGA

I’m using a motorola moto x with a 720×1280 resolution.
The current site: http://www.imgur.com/BSMK1iJ
The new one: http://www.imgur.com/BN3Kf13
I don’t mind using the desktop version of the site on a mobile phone.

Last edited by winterz,

Kaneco

Really liking it. I really love the improvement to the forums and comment boxes with the Formatting options. Just wish you could go a bit ahead and add a few more formatting options (ex: lists, embedding images (maybe limit to a small size), color, font size, etc…

Also what is that last button? Is that to automatically embed videos? Is it working already, I hope it is because that would be a great addition as well, also liking the player / team quicklinking

Last edited by Kaneco,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 9 Next »