Forum

[ETF2L] Theme Beta Feedback

Created 31st July 2014 @ 22:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 9 Next »

emb

(Legend)
ciortai

If you have any ideas, suggestions or wishes for the new theme, please post in this thread. Constructive, point-by-point suggestions/criticism are preferred, but general feedback is welcome as well.

The new design seeks to add features, not remove them. If you notice any old functionality missing, please report this as it is probably a bug.

Last edited by emb,

CHERRY

Things I am aware of (excluding the ones from the previous theme):

No add reply button at the bottom of the forums

Popovers breaking when there is no division for the team and in national highlander teams

Lack of joined/left icons in team historyPage links at the bottom

User ranks on forums

Real quote block when using quote buttonNo styling for links in recposts

Last edited by CHERRY,

Spycy

TC.Express

I liked the way the match pages shown what players played after the steam id screeshot was submitted, would be cool to see this back imo.

edit: nvm the matches I looked just didnt submit them.

Last edited by Spycy,

Lyrete

BAGC
RUN!

I think you should make link’s be another colour than the normal text or at least have some kind of formatting so it’s distinguishable.

Also you can’t sort the recruitment page by anything else than last post.

Last edited by Lyrete,

beach

[DA]
[DA]

It’s oddly both too busy and too sparse at the same time.

The banner at the top is terrible, the ETF2L logo, 3 miles of space and then 2 little sponsor logos doesn’t look good at all. Way too much space between everything (need more sponsors? :P )

And then the background itself makes everything look really busy and kinda confusing, and it’s all very dark as someone pointed out in the old thread I think…

(sorry if this was too critical or not constructive enough, was just babbling really..)

Last edited by beach,

CHERRY

Quoted from Lyrete

I think you should make link’s be another colour than the normal text or at least have some kind of formatting so it’s distinguishable.

They have different colour in forums and in the articles, though it’s not needed in the places like widgets or navbar, but maybe I was wrong. Still it’s extremely hard to find a colour for the link that’ll work on 3 shades of blue :/

Lyrete

BAGC
RUN!

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
They have different colour in forums and in the articles, though it’s not needed in the places like widgets or navbar, but maybe I was wrong. Still it’s extremely hard to find a colour for the link that’ll work on 3 shades of blue :/

They’re not on the recposts at least I think. Unless I’m dumb.

CHERRY

Quoted from Lyrete

[…]

They’re not on the recposts at least I think. Unless I’m dumb.

That is my mistake. Sorry for that :!

Last edited by CHERRY,

winterz

(è_é)

The website doesn’t work on my smartphone. It looks really odd on all my browsers.

CHERRY

Quoted from winterz

The website doesn’t work on my smartphone. It looks really odd on all my browsers.

What smartphone are you using? Should work on all smartphones with resolution bigger than VGA

deli

IKEA

Contrast between Background and whole site is too high for my taste.
Post on forum are odd, a lot of free space, not comfortable to read/use also replay button on bottom of the site is needed why scroll all the way up?.
In Recruitment post there is no sort by option by Name/Div/Type/Date by clicking on label for example clicking on Div was sorting by highest to lowest ect.

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

On Teampages the matchresults used to be colored to show win/lose/draw at glance

classes: “winr” and “looser”

pretty much the same on the league-tables. You used to be able to see promotions/drops/relegations at glance

EDIT: after browsing the forum a bit, I think the userinfo being its own (pretty high) row is taking up a lot of unnecessary space.

EDIT2: also there is a unnecessary “Next” button on single page threads that is not visible on on multi-page thread when you are on the last page.

Last edited by slate,

AnimaL

i posted my cunt response in the news comment section

love the design change btw, was needed for long time

thanks

why is there (next) button when there is no next page?!

Also using ad block (im using adguard) i dont even see banner. Not sure you “need” to fix this, just a minor remark.

Last edited by AnimaL,

Might just be me but I really liked to see the exact number of days that someone has been registered on etf2l

CHERRY

Quoted from Solid

Might just be me but I really liked to see the exact number of days that someone has been registered on etf2l

This is different change that has nothing to do with a theme though as it’s the same on etf2l.org

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 9 Next »