Forum

Denying laggy players from playing official matches

Created 13th April 2014 @ 22:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Limp.

EPA

Swedish with shit ISP, souds fishy.

AnAkkk

A plugin could detect the number of packets/s a player is sending, and kick him after a while if it keeps being too low.

Razkar

cj.com

Quoted from AnAkkk

A plugin could detect the number of packets/s a player is sending, and kick him after a while if it keeps being too low.

i love you anakin

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

OK, Ond Kaja and I’ve come up with a few things:

First, packet loss shows up in the status output. From the status screenshots on the match page, the player in question has 0 loss. Simulating actual packet loss with net_fakeloss (expressed as a % of packets that were dropped) the status output updates accordingly.

Since packet loss is trivial to detect (there should be no false positives), I don’t believe the player in question is experiencing packet loss. It’s probably choking at ISP level (the server cannot detect this). This means that his local ISP equipment cannot handle all the upstream traffic and stuff gets choked.

The same warp effect can be achieved by simply seeding a torrent. Doing that makes you warp around while keeping everything smooth for yourself, hitreg appears to be fine although a bit delayed. Net_graph will not show anything wrong (no choke, no loss), except a higher ping. This can be quite a huge advantage!

TL;DR: Seed a torrent while playing. Instant warp while keeping the game somewhat playable for yourself. Am I correct in understanding that this is legal and allowed under etf2l rules?

olBaa

Played this match as a )bad) spy merc, from what I can say:

– Soldier was REALLY though to hit
– There was a hitsound played on my side, and the damage was denied on the server quite late (~.5s after the hit)
– The soldier exploited his partial invulnerability during the game, attacking hitscan-using classes

No accusations or anything, legality and detectibility to be discussed.

NsX.

Aht

DWI in my opinion, if it matters that much you’re too much into the game

Setsul

I’ll test netem, can’t really stream while seeding torrents.

Quoted from Twisted

ITT: Salty losers tries to find excuses to why they got rekt.

Quit crying. You had to play vs 1 laggy player.

Shit happens, you lost, move on.

So edgy.

4hp

I dunno, I have some experience with being the laggy player and trust me, it’s much worse for me than it is for my opponents.

rouHe

IMO there should be rules/force server configs about rates. Ppl should use certain rates during officials, so ppl wouldnt abuse rates and official servers shouldnt be some shitty sheit where you have choke up to 40 :,/

TF2 has really weird netcode, if you (with 200ms) hit something in your screen server makes it hit, even if enemy is far behind the wall, plus shitty hitreg&hitboxes. There should be updates, but comp community doesnt enforce em for some reason :/ ?
—————
Still wondering why ETF2L (European Team Fortress 2 League) is allowing for example americans to join league when connections are still sheit? ye its cool to play against some amuricans/high pingers, but when u dont know where to aim at its kinda frustrating + you give high pingers advantage when they can for example lag peak ppl :/

This all makes TF2 less eSports, so pls dont change anything… lets just wait for HL3 and TF3 :)

“Voi juku taas pääsee ampuu pyroja seinän taakse -56modeemi”

Last edited by rouHe,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from rouHe

IMO there should be rules/force server configs about rates. Ppl should use certain rates during officials, so ppl wouldnt abuse rates and official servers shouldnt be some shitty sheit where you have choke up to 40 :,/

TF2 has really weird netcode, if you (with 200ms) hit something in your screen server makes it hit, even if enemy is far behind the wall, plus shitty hitreg&hitboxes. There should be updates, but comp community doesnt enforce em for some reason :/ ?
—————
Still wondering why ETF2L (European Team Fortress 2 League) is allowing for example americans to join league when connections are still sheit? ye its cool to play against some amuricans/high pingers, but when u dont know where to aim at its kinda frustrating + you give high pingers advantage when they can for example lag peak ppl :/

This all makes TF2 less eSports, so pls dont change anything… lets just wait for HL3 and TF3 :)

“Voi juku taas pääsee ampuu pyroja seinän taakse -56modeemi”

aim for the head

rouHe

;__; but medic warps all over the place? Any good aimbots I could use?

Quoted from rouHe

IMO there should be rules/force server configs about rates. Ppl should use certain rates during officials, so ppl wouldnt abuse rates and official servers shouldnt be some shitty sheit where you have choke up to 40

sv_maxcmdrate 66
sv_maxrate 0
sv_maxupdaterate 66
sv_mincmdrate 66
sv_minrate 20000
sv_minupdaterate 66

From the etf2l config.

olBaa

Quoted from rouHe

;__; but medic warps all over the place? Any good aimbots I could use?

**link removed**

Angel

Quoted from olBaa

Played this match as a )bad) spy merc, from what I can say:

– Soldier was REALLY though to hit
– There was a hitsound played on my side, and the damage was denied on the server quite late (~.5s after the hit)

I.e. lagging soldier beats your cheat? What a shame!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »