Forum

Denying laggy players from playing official matches

Created 13th April 2014 @ 22:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Earlier tonight we played vs. a team who had a player who was literally teleporting as he was moving. His team explained us that he has a shitty ISP and he has to live with it.

http://etf2l.org/matches/47258/

While the loss was certainly not due to this laggy player, it was still really frustrating to play against. I’ve requested his POV demo to see what it looks like from his perspective and he’s just spazzing all over the place…

I’ve talked about it with an admin and he said there are no rules against lagging as such (when no exploits are used).

You can view the demo for yourself, it was horrible to play against (and probably for him to play as well, but he appears to not notice much of it).

Should there be a rule in place that allows teams to reject opponents players that are lagging so hard they’re teleporting around the map?

kronis

NASA
hi im dog

Few season faster this topic would be up, Killswitch 6s team could be denied :(

ash

(Legend)
:D

How are you planning on enforcing that rule?

‘If a player warps more than 2m per warp he isn’t allowed to play’

Henghast

open
bobs

Ban enef

juju

TBA
Tissi

i can say its not fun to play against player who is pretty much impossible to hit.
In our pov’s he is seriously teleporting :D

”Lag” didn’t seem to do anything to his playing but for us holy shit…

juju

TBA
Tissi

http://serveme.tf/uploads/76561198029392891-79595-2-20140413.zip

stv from this game

damneasy

#banjackylegs

AnimaL

capped uplink?

Casual

prtyboiz
T⑨

Quoted from ash

How are you planning on enforcing that rule?

‘If a player warps more than 2m per warp he isn’t allowed to play’

I don’t know where the line should be drawn, I do know that this guy was clearly over it. It’s not ‘he’s occasionally glitchy’, no he’s outright warping the whole game. Not even NiCo’s movement script was this bad.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Casual

[…]

I don’t know where the line should be drawn, I do know that this guy was clearly over it. It’s not ‘he’s occasionally glitchy’, no he’s outright warping the whole game. Not even NiCo’s movement script was this bad.

My point is, there’s no way for us to realistically enforce such a rule or even draw a sensible line.

Last edited by ash,

Larath

/gE/
GoodE

The lag isn’t as bad as the pov makes it out to be (I’m the laggy guy btw Hi :3 ) the pov for some reason makes it over twice as laggy as it is on my end, I just have some delayed actions and occasional lag, not really sure how you would enforce somekind of rule on this though either like Lyrete told you in the chat I only have these lags randomly during a week sometimes its on matchdays and sometimes its not, I didn’t even lag as bad in my own official that was played after that game.

Twisted

:think:
GRAHAM

ITT: Salty losers tries to find excuses to why they got rekt.

Quit crying. You had to play vs 1 laggy player.

Shit happens, you lost, move on.

Billy

xD

This makes me think people cant actually handle loosing a game.

juju

TBA
Tissi

Quoted from Twisted

ITT: Salty losers tries to find excuses to why they got rekt.

Quit crying. You had to play vs 1 laggy player.

Shit happens, you lost, move on.

At what point are we crying? We don’t care that we lost. They played better anyway.

But the fact that there is one player who is pretty much impossible to kill as sniper (for example) Can upload my pov if someone want to see how impossible it really was when there is a player teleporting all time during game. In this case the ”lag” was really fucking annoying. This lag was more worse than any +300ping player i have met in any server.

just watch the demos before posting shit :D

Angel

Quoted from Casual

vs. a team who had a player who was literally teleporting as he was moving. His team explained us that he has a shitty ISP and he has to live with it.

Ping can’t be considered as lag indicator. What is a lag in TF2? And how it can be measured by a standard ‘tool’ or some third-party plug-ins? (Sorry for noob questions, but I can’t understand how “anti-laggy rule” can be formalized in “Rules”.)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »