Forum

[Highlander Season 6] Provisional Feedback

Created 16th February 2014 @ 19:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 16 Next »

I love swiftwater, probably my favourite map. But I’d rather not see swiftwater or barnblitz for the same reasons: game time.

Most maps are limited to 30 minute rounds, 2 rounds maximum. Swiftwater and barnblitz can be 15+ minutes per attack in close games, best of three with some delays + pause can be 2 hours long.

Tuto

8-)

Week 1: cp_steel
Week 2: koth_pro_viaduct_rc4
Week 3: pl_upward
Week 4: koth_lakeside_final
Week 5: pl_badwater
Week 6: cp_process_final
Week 7: pl_barnblitz_pro4

As oxy mentioned already, I think it sounds like the best solution, I would be satisfied with these maps. But I would also love to have a swiftwater week, I don’t even know when swift was played last time, in etf2l hl. Maybe replace process or barnblitz with swift (i know a lot of people disagree), but just a personal opinion though.

Max

Fusion

If Swiftwater gets a play week in ETF2L, I’ll pray to the gods. I LOVE that map.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Having a single koth map in a week is unfair due to the way the point system works. You can only get 6 points or 0 points in a koth map. In a payload/CP map you can get 0,2,4,6. Therefore the randomness of the fixture list and the maps you get certain teams on can have a larger impact on the season than normal.

Max

Fusion

Quoted from Permzilla

Having a single koth map in a week is unfair due to the way the point system works. You can only get 6 points or 0 points in a koth map. In a payload/CP map you can get 0,2,4,6. Therefore the randomness of the fixture list and the maps you get certain teams on can have a larger impact on the season than normal.

Simple solution: Put a simple pl map beside the koth map.

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from Permzilla

Have 2 Koth maps at 1 week? lakeside + viaduct

Max

Fusion

Quoted from Toba

[…]

Have 2 Koth maps at 1 week? lakeside + viaduct

nonononnonnononononoononono

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Permzilla

The current system is flawed in the exact same way, you can get a 6-0, 5-1, 4-2 and 3-3 on a koth+5cp week. While 6-0 and 4-2 are the only results that a pl match can have.
A great solution on koth maps is to share the match points 4 to 2 between teams if the score is 4-3, and 6 to 0 if the map was won by a difference of two or more. And 5cp would be styled in the 6s golden cap way. Tell me how is this worse than the current system.

quell

UbeR |

Quoted from Permzilla

change system to be more like wireplay points?

Munky

AEUGH

Quoted from Permzilla

Aren’t things already partly like that? I mean you can go 3-3 on 5CP/Koth weeks but not during PL/AD weeks.

Swedish Santa

We never learn, do we?

I will swallow my feelings about the chosen maps and try to put this as polite as possible.

No process, no steel, no gullywash. You NEED to make a community poll about the maps who should be played in the season. An “internal” discussion is far from enough. In fact, you may do an internal discussion of which maps to be suggested for a poll. The competitive community should have the final word over which maps to be played.

And for the love of Merasmus, use some NEW maps. cp_sunshine is there, just screaming for getting into competitive HL. I could give a whole suggestion of CP maps but I am trying in keeping it short.

TL;DR. The community should be the one giving the final word over which maps should be played

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Swedish Santa

You NEED to make a community poll about the maps who should be played in the season. An “internal” discussion is far from enough. In fact, you may do an internal discussion of which maps to be suggested for a poll. The competitive community should have the final word over which maps to be played.

Terrible idea, wouldn’t you rather have a bunch of somewhat qualified people deciding the maps than a ton of new players?

If not, enjoy your feeling of justice while struggling through dustbowl stage 3.

Green

As pretty much everyone said:
1. CP maps suck for HL.
2. Use new maps.
3. Make the community choose.

Swedish Santa

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Terrible idea, wouldn’t you rather have a bunch of somewhat qualified people deciding the maps than a ton of new players?

If not, enjoy your feeling of justice while struggling through dustbowl stage 3.

Read. Competitive community. Not public community.

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from Swedish Santa

[…]

Read. Competitive community. Not public community.

yaeh well the majority of competitive community consists of div4 and lower and from looking and hearing what they say i really dont want to have them take any part in deciding whats good for this gamemode and whats not

case in point look at this thread

Last edited by Muuki,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 16 Next »