Forum

[Highlander Season 6] Provisional Feedback

Created 16th February 2014 @ 19:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 16 Next »

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

I hate the clash between Wireplay and ETF2L so much. The maps are okay, Arctic instead of Lakeside wouldn’t hurt, same with Warmfront instead of Gully.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
I’m literally laughing off myself. How is barnblitz any different?

You’ve obviously never played Swiftwater 4th point, spawns on defence are ridiculously short, in general the design of the map makes it really hard to push. Barnblitz last is also hard to push but that is by design rather than spawn timings, and at least Barnblitz is being developed.

Swiftwater also has a lot of wasted space, it’s extremely hard to co-ordinate anything with so much potential for solo plays, so many different areas to defend and deny, so hard to gain good info on positioning of certain players, basically you just sit in a defensive position and hope your opponents don’t hit their shots, especially first 2-3 points, then 4th is broken. 5th is probably one of the only decent points on the map.

The map’s play different, Barnblitz is more like a less balanced design of Badwater whilst Swiftwater is some experimental large map design with a spawn system that works at the side of some points and behind other points at random distances. Ultimately none of the points really feel balanced for either team, most matches are decided at point 4 or momentum. It’s no longer being developed, it’s a failure it should not be considered until the big flaws like 4th point spawn and design are fixed.

Kissakala

MUUQ
bad

I don’t really have much to complain about the stuff in the season itself, except for one of the cp_maps could be changed to something new and better.

The problem I have with the seasons in general, is the fact that they seem rushed as hell. It’s only 3/4 weeks into the 6v6 season, and the new HL season’s already been announced.
Sure, why the hell not. It’s not like I wanted to finish my 6v6 season without having to think about the upcoming, overlapping HL season, which I also would have to practice, but simply don’t have the time for it early enough.
in b4 a batshit idiotic reply like “well don’t play both if you don’t have the time for it”. That’s teh purrblem. I’d reckon that ETF2L would rather have 200 teams to sign up for both 6v6 and highlander, than 150 for both, only because of the overlapping.
I’d be more than happy with a system where ETF2L is not running anything for 2-3 weeks between the seasons. That would give you some time to prepare and practice for the next season, which is pretty essential, and would in turn get better games out of the officials.
It’s easier for players, easier for casters and easier for admins.

It’s also not just me. There are a lot of people who want to play both 6v6 and highlander, but simply don’t have the time for either one, as they tend to (or don’t) prefer one over another. I think it’s a wrong kind of an approach from ETF2L, when you essentially want to have as many players playing in the seasons that you pull off.

For people who only care about either 6v6 or HL, there’s always UGC. Afaik, UGC 6v6 is pretty much at the same time as ETF2L HL, and UGC HL at the same time as ETF2L 6v6. Sure, there’s not too many 6v6 teams on UGC, but it’s due to the fact that the seasons and different leagues are so horribly overlapping, that it’s pretty impossible to do any sort of scheduling with the current system.

TL;DR, three 6v6, and two highlander (which makes 5 seasons that last 2 months each) seasons are a bit too much for 8 active months.

Last edited by Kissakala,

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Quoted from Kissakala

I don’t really have much to complain about the stuff in the season itself, except for one of the cp_maps could be changed to something new and better.

The problem I have with the seasons in general, is the fact that they seem rushed as hell. It’s only 3/4 weeks into the 6v6 season, and the new HL season’s already been announced.
Sure, why the hell not. It’s not like I wanted to finish my 6v6 season without having to think about the upcoming, overlapping HL season, which I also would have to practice, but simply don’t have the time for it early enough.
in b4 a batshit idiotic reply like “well don’t play both if you don’t have the time for it”. That’s teh purrblem. I’d reckon that ETF2L would rather have 200 teams to sign up for both 6v6 and highlander, than 150 for both, only because of the overlapping.
I’d be more than happy with a system where ETF2L is not running anything for 2-3 weeks between the seasons. That would give you some time to prepare and practice for the next season, which is pretty essential, and would in turn get better games out of the officials.
It’d also be easier for casters.

It’s also not just me. There are a lot of people who want to play both 6v6 and highlander, but simply don’t have the time for either one, as they tend to (or don’t) prefer one over another. I think it’s a wrong kind of an approach from ETF2L, when you essentially want to have as many players playing in the seasons that you pull off.

For people who only care about either 6v6 or HL, there’s always UGC. Afaik, UGC 6v6 is pretty much at the same time as ETF2L HL, and UGC HL at the same time as ETF2L 6v6. Sure, there’s not too many 6v6 teams on UGC, but it’s due to the fact that the seasons and different leagues are so horribly overlapping, that it’s pretty impossible to do any sort of scheduling with the current system.

+1

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Hildreth

You’ve obviously never played Swiftwater 4th point

#Rude

Quoted from Hildreth

spawns on defence are ridiculously short, in general the design of the map makes it really hard to push. Barnblitz last is also hard to push but that is by design rather than spawn timings, and at least Barnblitz is being developed.

That doesn’t change the fact that it’s hard to push.

And stop being so elitistic about maps. All maps have “THE” point, Badwater third, Barnblitz last, Swiftwater 4th, Upward last, Steel B e.t.c.

Popcorp

why cant we play some other maps like Croissant instead of Gullywash and Arctic instead of Viaduct?

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]

All maps have “THE” point, Badwater third, Barnblitz last, Swiftwater 4th, Upward last, Steel B e.t.c.

Every point on swiftwater is “THE” point

Quoted from Popcorp

Croissant instead of Gullywash

Because noone wants to play cp_stalemate

Marf

Strejk

Quoted from Popcorp

why cant we play some other maps like Croissant […]

Last time I played Croissant in an official (sometime in UGC) it took 2×30 minutes + ~5 min of GC for a team to score once. So no, thanks. :X

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Why do people not like 5cp in highlander? I get that it can be stalematy, but so can payload. Gullywash might be my favorite hl map tbh, love all the different stuff you can do to push last

Marf

Strejk

Quoted from Scissors

Why do people not like 5cp in highlander? I get that it can be stalematy, but so can payload. Gullywash might be my favorite hl map tbh, love all the different stuff you can do to push last

Nothing wrong with 5cp itself, in my opinion.
I just don’t want cp_croissant. :)
process and gully are perfectly fine with me.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from Scissors

Too many people

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Marf

[…]

Nothing wrong with 5cp itself, in my opinion.
I just don’t want cp_croissant. :)
process and gully are perfectly fine with me.

Same

Never really liked the map before, but when they started making random tunnels everywhere for no apparent reason I just couldn’t take it seriously anymore

Oxy

TC.Express

Swiftwater is crap imo. It’s too long for me and there are so many bad designs (especially as already mentioned that 3rd spawn door is laughable).

Also please please please no granary. It is literally the worst 5cp map for highlander. Process is far superior and although I’m not the biggest personal fan of gully I would still rather see it over granary.

Steel and gravelpit in the same season is a mistake; we already have to play 9 maps in 7 weeks! That coupled with the fact the season overlaps with pretty much everything (UGC, Wireplay, 6v6) means its an awful idea. If you really expect us to find time to practise all these then your wrong.

What I would do:

Week 1: cp_steel
Week 2: koth_pro_viaduct_rc4
Week 3: pl_upward
Week 4: koth_lakeside_final
Week 5: pl_badwater
Week 6: cp_process_final
Week 7: pl_barnblitz_pro4

Then find someway to make the koth/cp maps work, possibly with a similar scoring system to the pl maps somehow. Maybe something like UGC style for them so they ain’t over in 30 mins though I understand that would be confusing for new people.

Also lastly I would like to say to some of the people in this thread that your all allowed your own opinions and you should prolly stop attacking each others, at the end of the day most of this comes down to personal preference. Also some maps are real crap for some classes and that can show sometimes.

neon

:think:

Please no barnblitz or 2 maps a week

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 16 Next »