Forum

[Highlander Season 6] Provisional Feedback

Created 16th February 2014 @ 19:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 Next »

jakeowaty

RTR would’ve been fine if it didn’t reset the metal count in the dispenser. It’s insanely annoying to have a fully built dispenser and then after 3 seconds have one lvl2 and with no ammo in it…

I would actually unban Enforcer. Running around with no disguise sure is stupid and can lead to the Dead Ringer abuse, but spotting a Spy behind your lines with a gun out is easier than anything.

Holiday Punch – IMHO one of the weirdest. The argument against it is that it can stun enemy team’s uber. So what? Like (i think it was Xacher) said, it deserves an applaud. Not to mention that heavy is gonna get destroyed within 1 second of making other heavy laugh. And getting behind the whole combo is hard as a Heavy in itself… Honestly, it’s a straight upgrade to the fists and downgrade to FoS and GRUs, so why the ban?

Phlog: Crits. But first you have to grind them. And you have no airblast. And you can’t extinguish your teammates. And even if you get those crits, you’ll get decimated in no-time when you run. AND EVEN IF your Medic ubers you, enemy team can uber too. So banning Phlog, especially after those nerfs, is questionable.

Cleaners Carbine: Get a kill with it first, then we can talk. Almost useless, and mini-crits aren’t useful at all after you get a kill with it. Honestly, straight downgrade to the SMG and even Jarate. I’ve had a hard time getting anything with it on pubs, it’s damn near impossible unless you are a dotard and you steal last hits.

Pretty Boy’s Pistol: More health, but 50% more fire damage, no fall damage and generally speaking weaker pistol. Negligible upgrades, and can get absolutely destroyed by a Pyro. Still can get headshot. Can however survive a bit more, but the health boost isn’t too big to be considered OP.

The rest of the bans are okay for me, generally speaking banning broken weapons that would be used in OP ways in competetive.

Reserve Shooter probably is one of the most talked about, and sure, after the buff, it can be devastating for anyone, who trains shotty aim. The main argument against it is that an airblast practically stalls enemies in air, allowing you for easy and clean shots for 140 each. If enemy player could move at all during the airblast, then it could’ve been allowed, but since most of the knockbacks render you motionless, it’s broken too much to be used.

Diamond Back: True, it makes Spies play more carefully, but who cares about it. 1-2 stabs, or 2 buildings destroyed and you have a Medic dead from across the map with no effort put in it whatsoever. Amby on the other hand is balanced: weaker DM for crit headshots, that require a vast amount of skill to land. Whereas with the Daimondback you just shoot wherever and get 102 dmg…

Could go on for hours, but I can’t be asked to, you get the idea.

Last edited by jakeowaty,

Popcorp

@Jake

RTR: Well that’s the thing about it, it Reverts everything, even Metal inside of a dispenser. Allow

Enforcer: IIRC there’s a script that drops your disguise, so a Spy could just drop his own disguise and 2 shot a Sniper. Keep it Banned

Holiday Punch: Well, if team is SUPER smart and have some new gen. strats, they could use Kritz with Holiday punch, you dont have to hit them in a back in order to make them laugh, but it’s very hard to execute such thing yet it’s very interesting and game changing, so i would unban it, could be quite useful on Last point PL defense. Allow

Phlog: Pretty much yeah, without airblast, your team is going to get destroyed by Soldier and Demo easily, but you can still extinguish (with manmelter), but it can still decimate whole enemy team if Pyro is playing alone. 50/50

Cleaners Carbine: Nothing to say. Allow it

PBPP: It makes a Scout literally a new Pocket for a Combo, 210 overheal is a Soldier level health, even though it’s an overheal, it still makes scout much powerful class and dealing against a scout with 210 HP is major pain in the ass, yet it’s easier for Scouts to deal against Mini sentries and it’s harder to get the Combo classes since Pyros most of the time around the Combo, so Scout is going to get destroyed in few seconds with this weapon. 50/50

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Popcorp

RTR: Well that’s the thing about it, it Reverts everything, even Metal inside of a dispenser. Allow

It’s terrible to play against, unless you kill the spy in seconds the sentry would be down to lvl1.

Quoted from Popcorp

Enforcer: IIRC there’s a script that drops your disguise, so a Spy could just drop his own disguise and 2 shot a Sniper. Keep it Banned

Incorrect, there is a delay between dropping a disguise and the damage buff taking place.

Quoted from Popcorp

Phlog: Pretty much yeah, without airblast, your team is going to get destroyed by Soldier and Demo easily

Are you being serious here?

Popcorp

RTR opens new ways to “Counter-Annoy” Engineer, it takes like 10+ seconds for full HP mini-sentry to get destroyed, which means Engie cant build Mini-sentry, this actually stops Engineer from being annoying, i know Xacher, you’re an Engie main but still, RTR could open some new possibilities at Countering Engineer. Think of it this way, if Spy saps your Sentry with RTR, where is your team? why they didn’t help you? if they are far away and you killed a Spy, you have plenty of time to Upgrade your sentry again to level 3 else why is your team not with you to assist you against a Spy? Don’t forget they fixed RTR, it takes like what, 2 or 3 seconds to downgrade if i remember correctly.

I don’t know much about Enforcer and Disguise system

Don’t know what to say more about Phlog

Last edited by Popcorp,

Jesse James

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
Are you being serious here?

Be a little bit open minded please. Isn’t that any boring to do the same thing every week ? What do you have against new tactics which will occur due the allowance of a new weapon ?

As a main engineer, I also see this pretty dangerous. An übered phlog pyro will destroy us in no time. But you see, new tactics.

Should riot ban teams from LCS just because some teams played 2 top or 2 mid instead of ad+supp bot ?

jakeowaty

Not talking about moba games here, but a quake style fps. There is a HUGE difference when it comes to weapon balances.

Introducing new weapons is hard as it is with the existing amount, requires hours and hours of testing, and then balancing once it’s out. Not to mention thinking of new ways of diversifying the combat (not blaming Robin of not releasing any weapons in the past year).

Thing is: keeping a balance while trying to keep the combat interesting is insanely hard, and if that requires a few weapons getting banned – so be it.

Why, for example, isn’t the Loose Cannon banned? It pushes back enemies, even can stall ubers if all the balls hit targets? It’s broken, right?
Not really: though it has the knockback and DM, but has downsides too (rollers aren’t effective at all). You might see few demos run with it, but getting double donks for 120 damage is based on pure luck rather than skill IMO, so people just stick to good, guaranteed 109.

Jesse James

jake, I was talking about keeping / changing the meta. I was talking about the restriction limits of a competitive community on the creativity of players.

Let the people be creative about their loadout man ! Just because a pyro uses backburner, it doesn’t mean, he is a wm1 noob. This is his playstyle, this is his game footage.

#RequestMoreOneNightCups

We are talking here about what is balanced and what is overpowered. We will never know, when we don’t try.

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from jakeowaty

RTR would’ve been fine if it didn’t reset the metal count in the dispenser. It’s insanely annoying to have a fully built dispenser and then after 3 seconds have one lvl2 and with no ammo in it…

I would actually unban Enforcer. Running around with no disguise sure is stupid and can lead to the Dead Ringer abuse, but spotting a Spy behind your lines with a gun out is easier than anything.

Holiday Punch – IMHO one of the weirdest. The argument against it is that it can stun enemy team’s uber. So what? Like (i think it was Xacher) said, it deserves an applaud. Not to mention that heavy is gonna get destroyed within 1 second of making other heavy laugh. And getting behind the whole combo is hard as a Heavy in itself… Honestly, it’s a straight upgrade to the fists and downgrade to FoS and GRUs, so why the ban?

Phlog: Crits. But first you have to grind them. And you have no airblast. And you can’t extinguish your teammates. And even if you get those crits, you’ll get decimated in no-time when you run. AND EVEN IF your Medic ubers you, enemy team can uber too. So banning Phlog, especially after those nerfs, is questionable.

Cleaners Carbine: Get a kill with it first, then we can talk. Almost useless, and mini-crits aren’t useful at all after you get a kill with it. Honestly, straight downgrade to the SMG and even Jarate. I’ve had a hard time getting anything with it on pubs, it’s damn near impossible unless you are a dotard and you steal last hits.

Pretty Boy’s Pistol: More health, but 50% more fire damage, no fall damage and generally speaking weaker pistol. Negligible upgrades, and can get absolutely destroyed by a Pyro. Still can get headshot. Can however survive a bit more, but the health boost isn’t too big to be considered OP.

The rest of the bans are okay for me, generally speaking banning broken weapons that would be used in OP ways in competetive.

Reserve Shooter probably is one of the most talked about, and sure, after the buff, it can be devastating for anyone, who trains shotty aim. The main argument against it is that an airblast practically stalls enemies in air, allowing you for easy and clean shots for 140 each. If enemy player could move at all during the airblast, then it could’ve been allowed, but since most of the knockbacks render you motionless, it’s broken too much to be used.

Diamond Back: True, it makes Spies play more carefully, but who cares about it. 1-2 stabs, or 2 buildings destroyed and you have a Medic dead from across the map with no effort put in it whatsoever. Amby on the other hand is balanced: weaker DM for crit headshots, that require a vast amount of skill to land. Whereas with the Daimondback you just shoot wherever and get 102 dmg…

Could go on for hours, but I can’t be asked to, you get the idea.

YOU FUCKING WAHT MATE FUCK OFF

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from TviQ

[…]
YOU FUCKING WAHT MATE FUCK OFF

jakeowaty

k

Thalash

wG
S-O

ye thats right homeboy back off

jakeowaty

Fuckin’ nerds gangin’ up on me, fite me rite now m8, I’ll hook ye up in ye gabber, I sware m8, come at me.

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from jakeowaty

Fuckin’ nerds gangin’ up on me, fite me rite now m8, I’ll hook ye up in ye gabber, I sware m8, come at me.

wow stop being such a wierdo

jakeowaty

Come and make me then.

Popcorp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHT1nAX46dM

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 14 15 16 Next »