Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 16 Next »

Schweppes

Please don’t cancel the nations cup

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

Quoted from Schweppes

Please don’t cancel the nations cup

We don’t plan on cancelling, read Perm’s post.

On another note, Please the feedback keep it in one thread.

I’ve closed Muuki’s thread already, we are looking to centralise the feedback in here.
It will make it easier for us to take the tips and tops for this / next seasons.

Last edited by kKaltUu,

Kissakala

MUUQ
bad

sigh
http://etf2l.org/forum/feedback/topic-28118/page-4/#post-486849

Just reduce the amount of seasons to 4 in one year, and take the timings of other leagues seasons into consideration. That’s one way to make things work with 1 wildcard.

Last edited by Kissakala,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Kissakala

sigh
http://etf2l.org/forum/feedback/topic-28118/page-4/#post-486849

Just reduce the amount of seasons to 4 in one year, and take the timings of other leagues seasons into consideration. That’s one way to make things work with 1 wildcard.

Less seasons? We’ve always wanted more and more as a community, and when given more around a workable schedule, suddenly people want less and less. We changed from 6 team divisions to 8 team divisions, we’re stuck at 2 HL seasons per year whilst 6’s as 3 seasons per year plus we have the Nations Cup for each summer and a short Summer break. It’s a tight schedule, in order to make it work you need to make sacrifices.

Perhaps this season reconsidering 2 wildcards for HL is the best option, for me the best way to deal with it is the make 1 wildcard allowed per fixture so we don’t see a Week 1 game played on the last day of regular season, or reduce playoff timings so you get 5 days for the 3 playoffs, save yourself a week.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

I just don’t think that the tiny time we save from taking away a wildcard makes up for all the shit leaders have to deal with now. Quality of the season will be worse to some extend. Brace yourselves for the minor warnings

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-18475/

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Permzilla

http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-18475/

Why even have any wildcards then?

I thought they were supposed to be used in emergencies, why punish those who use them properly? 9 different people, 9 different potential problems. It’s just annoying tbh

ondkaja

IKEA

so have a roster that is versatile in case an emergency pops up. try to reschedule, get a sub to play, or use your wildcard. honestly wildcards create massive delays and teams will end up with having to play 3 matches in a week due to their opponents taking wildcards too liberally. it happened last season. it is hard to organise and schedule casts when such things happen and it’s just annoying for everyone involved (well, except for the team taking the wildcard).

Last edited by ondkaja,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Scissors

[…]

Why even have any wildcards then?

I thought they were supposed to be used in emergencies, why punish those who use them properly? 9 different people, 9 different potential problems. It’s just annoying tbh

If 2 wildcards are so vital for emergencies, why do teams use them simply to delay a match or give them some more time?

Russian Guyovich

(Surging Meat Cable)
[T-A!]LoS

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

If 2 wildcards are so vital for emergencies, why do teams use them simply to delay a match or give them some more time?

You can’t tar everyone with the same brush. Remember that you’re adding 6 more people into the mix with highlander so scheduling can be even more difficult compared to 6v6.

Prem HL should have 1 wildcard as they are competing for prizes, and the rest should get 2 in my opinion.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Russian Guyovich

[…]

You can’t tar everyone with the same brush. Remember that you’re adding 6 more people into the mix with highlander so scheduling can be even more difficult compared to 6v6.

Prem HL should have 1 wildcard as they are competing for prizes, and the rest should get 2 in my opinion.

If you can explain why Prem has to have a different amount of Wildcards, I’m all ears. As far as I am aware, a team in Prem and a team in div6 are in almost identical circumstances with regards to scheduling.

Carlos Kaiser

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

If you can explain why Prem has to have a different amount of Wildcards, I’m all ears. As far as I am aware, a team in Prem and a team in div6 are in almost identical circumstances with regards to scheduling.

That’s incredibly obvious actually, lets say VanillaTV/TFTV/ExTV/Blackout/whatever decides to cast the game, they announce it and viewers prepare their popcorp for the show. And BAM, the game is wildcarded.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

[…]
That’s incredibly obvious actually, lets say VanillaTV/TFTV/ExTV/Blackout/whatever decides to cast the game, they announce it and viewers prepare their popcorp for the show. And BAM, the game is wildcarded.

punishing prem teams (less wildcards than div1-div6) for something which is not their choice and out of their hands is a bit silly

Rob!

TROLLIED
[T-A!]

Quoted from Permzilla

You said prem matches in particular are wildcarded. Thats why we gave the option of just reducing number of wildcards in prem to discourage misuse. Leaving the rest of us with 2 wildcards.

Quoted from Permzilla

And I think the problems are just as bad for HL, a large percentage of Prem matches in particular are wildcarded.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

I am quoting Prem since I am more familiar with what happens there myself, and they are the most talked about. I know for a fact this issue is also in the lower divs.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 ... 16 Next »