Forum

Reduce wildcards to 1

Created 30th January 2014 @ 21:09

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

rsz

Easier to go “sry no 6, cl_wildcard 1” than to get a merc, or god forbid an actual backup player.

Dingo

HG
cirlo

What about forcing teams to send a proposal or at least write something related to the scheduling on the match-page before a default date is given to them? If they wildcard a game which was set on a default-date without them making an effort to schedule the game give them a minor warning.
If the teams scheduled the games through steam, have them write it on the match-page. They can still wildcard any game without warnings as far as they made some effort to schedule it.

Droidster

tavi

Quoted from feeling

Well, I looked at the matches and TEZC only wants to play Wednesdays or Saturdays. If I scheduled like that, I wouldn’t complain about my opponents wildcarding.

In the case of all of those matches I moved the date from the default one to one they asked for when they realised the couldn’t play the def date, then they wildcarded the match on a day we had agreed to move it to

Cuttlefish

6v6

Quoted from Dingo

What about forcing teams to send a proposal or at least write something related to the scheduling on the match-page before a default date is given to them? If they wildcard a game which was set on a default-date without them making an effort to schedule the game give them a minor warning.
If the teams scheduled the games through steam, have them write it on the match-page. They can still wildcard any game without warnings as far as they made some effort to schedule it.

This seems like a fairly good idea, to be honest!

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

23 days into the season and my team could not play a single match yet because everyone throws around wildcards like it is nothing (granted, we also used one but so did our week 1, week 2 and week 3 opponents). Unfortunately, I do not really have a good idea how to solve/prevent that kind of situation. Guess we’ll just have to wildcard another match :D

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

^ Add to that our week 4 opponent. 27 days into the season and we could only play 1 match so far because our week 1-4 opponents all used a wildcard. Most of them did not even try to find a different solution (like using a merc or rescheduling to another day). This makes me wish there was only 1 wildcard per team… but I guess I am biased.

taro

Quoted from Dingo

If they wildcard a game which was set on a default-date without them making an effort to schedule the game give them a minor warning.

Why is this not a thing? Sounds like a good way to motivate people to schedule their matches and avoid using wildcards.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Reduce wildcards to 1 per season.

doks

inb4 everyone asking for 1 wildcard is gonna cry sooner or later once that would become reality.

YES.. there are teams who are not scheduling their games, not trying to come to a compromise or anything. Then come up with a way to punish them. Wildcards are for unexpected unplanned changes. For example we had to WC a game because our Ice Hockey Team got trough to the 1/4 finals in the Olympics and missing a game like that for a video game would be down right stupid.

So that`s one WC gone and i don`t regret it. But now we have still 4? games left, and who knows what can happen.

Dandere

Quoted from Dingo

This is a great idea! The only potential issue is that it would probably give admins a tad more work.

Last edited by Dandere,

Ombrack

Top5rocket

Great idea really.
Already used the only wildcard we had on the first week, cause our merc was denied 19 minutes before the official, so we had no other choice than wildcard it.
For this week, we can’t play a proper game with a full line up, because for once players aren’t there, unless we take a minor, which obviously is not okay for the other team.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Ombrack

Great idea really.
Already used the only wildcard we had on the first week, cause our merc was denied 19 minutes before the official, so we had no other choice than wildcard it.
For this week, we can’t play a proper game with a full line up, because for once players aren’t there, unless we take a minor, which obviously is not okay for the other team.

get stable players, learn to schedule

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Ombrack

Great idea really.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Freakie

KOLAR
.awkward

Quoted from rytis

[…]
get stable players, learn to schedule

Things don’t always go according to plans.

Ombrack

Top5rocket

It’s not about learning to schedule lel
I’m just trying to be convenient with other teams, and sometimes you just have something that comes out of nowhere and that you can avoid or reschedule IRL.

Last edited by Ombrack,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »