Forum

Reduce wildcards to 1

Created 30th January 2014 @ 21:09

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

kaidus

WiK?

All the arguments have been made for and against before, but as another seasons first week goes by without a single match played in prem I’d really ask you to reconsider them. Over half of the wildcards taken were frivolous and lazy, and if each team started the season out with only 1 wildcard they would not have taken them, and would have shown up to their matches with their starting 6.

Maybe outside of prem there should still be 2 wildcards, but this is really stupid for prem. It makes it far more stressful to play, and really fucking shit to follow/watch.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

fuckin starklan

Kaneco

Yes.

At least prem should be more regulated. Not sure about other divs.

Spike Himself

TC

What if taking a wildcard cost you a minor warning (prem only)? Would that improve anything at all?

deathyy

Open't

Quoted from Spike Himself

What if taking a wildcard cost you a minor warning (prem only)? Would that improve anything at all?

I think that would help. Let’s see what other people think.

dAGNER

duplo

If it gets stressful playing two officials one week, just use a wildcard. Problem solved.

Last edited by dAGNER,

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

thats not the best solution imo. i mean for what would you need wildcards then at all?

if you just dont play your match until the deadline, you will get a minor warning. so if you also get a minor warning if you use the wildcard, you dont have to use a wildcard at all? or am i wrong?

but also, i guess reducing the wildcards to 1 for prem and div1 seems like a good idea

Marf

Strejk

Quoted from .kr4tos

if you just dont play your match until the deadline, you will get a minor warning. so if you also get a minor warning if you use the wildcard, you dont have to use a wildcard at all? or am i wrong?

Not really, since you use a wildcard for a game that has already been scheduled. If you don’t play a scheduled game, you will get a default loss; if you use your wildcard, you’ll at least only get a minor warning.
The deadline applies for games scheduled past that date (and will affect both teams involved).

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

Quoted from Marf

[…]

Not really, since you use a wildcard for a game that has already been scheduled. If you don’t play a scheduled game, you will get a default loss; if you use your wildcard, you’ll at least only get a minor warning.
The deadline applies for games scheduled past that date (and will affect both teams involved).

well but you could just talk the the enemy team and tell them that you cant play on the scheduled game, and i guess most of the teams are that fair, that they will just play it after the deadline as you can see here:

http://etf2l.org/matches/46879/

the default date was 28-01-2014 and its still not played yet, without a wildcard use or anything

Marf

Strejk

Quoted from .kr4tos

[…]

well but you could just talk the the enemy team and tell them that you cant play on the scheduled game, and i guess most of the teams are that fair, that they will just play it after the deadline as you can see here:

http://etf2l.org/matches/46879/

the default date was 28-01-2014 and its still not played yet, without a wildcard use or anything

Hm. Well. Yeah. If none of the teams show up, I guess that’s a different case where wildcards don’t matter.
I don’t know.

Edit: I guess proposed/default dates should be more enforced? Doesn’t really make sense if people just ignore them.

Last edited by Marf,

Spike Himself

TC

Yeah kr4tos you’re right. Plus it also seems a bit silly to punish teams for having to deal with unforeseen circumstances (which is afaik the only valid reason for using a wildcard).

quell

UbeR |

who cares about minor warnings:P you need 3 of them to have any serious effect (1 pt loss)

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from .kr4tos

[…]

thats not the best solution imo. i mean for what would you need wildcards then at all?

but also, i guess reducing the wildcards to 1 for prem and div1 seems like a good idea

in prem it is a major warning for a late match

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

How about we properly schedule playoffs in the future, which means NOT cramming them in the scheduling week. That would probably have prevented some wildcarding (at least ours)

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from skeej

How about we properly schedule playoffs in the future, which means NOT cramming them in the scheduling week. That would probably have prevented some wildcarding (at least ours)

I intended this for Season 17, however it would have meant playoffs starting as early as January 1st, which I decided was too early for teams to have decent availability.

It is our intention to do this, but scheduling is pretty tight in the near future.

Last edited by Permzilla,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »