Forum

BAN BANNERS

Created 24th January 2014 @ 21:24

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Kissakala

MUUQ
bad

Quoted from jakeowaty

I agree with this to some extent. Sure, it’s not as easy to do what a roamer usually does when you have the Concheror equipped, so you have to alter your playing quite a lot. Outside of last pushes I see this as an ok sidegrade to gunboats/shotgun, you’re exactly right on that.
The problem, however, comes in when you’re about to push the enemy’s last. It makes it almost impossible for the enemies to hold the point, when your teammates are getting extra health + the speed buff for 10 seconds. To some extent, it’s like having an extra medic with you.

kalhó

MM
Nave

If you see your opponents trying to build the banner, do something about it. Maybe you have time to build a sentry. Maybe try to push out. They won’t expect it and might be reloading. It shouldn’t be impossible to counter. Give it some time. The season has not even started.

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Quoted from Kissakala

[…]
Focus on the subject you dingus,

This cracked me up <3

MEGAMIDDIE

PINT

Good. Nobody likes attacking or defending last for ages. It makes it easier to push in, and it also means you have a better ability to push out if you’re defending. (vs a conch I mean)

Last edited by MEGAMIDDIE,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Banners are only going to be used in uber v uber situations – if you have uber advantage then you’d be daft to wait there trying to charge your banner up before pushing because they’re gonna get uber. And I’d rather have uber v no uber, as would anyone.

So these unlocks are only gonna come out in uber v uber fights, when (in general) the defense has a big advantage due to map setup and defensive offclasses. In the times that I’ve seen it used, it hasn’t created a huge advantage for the offensive team and hasn’t led to instant caps. So I think it’s an advantage, but pretty balanced in general.

The thing I HATE about banners is that it leads to the attacking team stalemating it out for another 5 minutes before every last push while they charge their banner. It slows the game down soooo much if you have to build a banner before every push, because nobody will run it before pushing last. And spamming 480/600 damage whilst holding lobby before last isn’t gonna be that quick.

jakeowaty

Quoted from Kissakala

The problem, however, comes in when you’re about to push the enemy’s last. It makes it almost impossible for the enemies to hold the point, when your teammates are getting extra health + the speed buff for 10 seconds. To some extent, it’s like having an extra medic with you.

But you STILL have to get that charge in the first place, which is difficult anyways and requires a lot of passive play, where nothing happens. During that time defending combo is practically safe from bombs, and that’s important. because a well-timed bomb can throw off the entire defense.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2